What is so great about Nimbus Gray?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think Nimbus Gray looks great.
But why do people seem to love it above other colors?

I think I heard it really shows the contours of the car.
Does it also have a slightly campaign look to it?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, it has a bronze undertone that makes it look champagne in the right light. Great color.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think Nimbus Gray looks great.
But why do people seem to love it above other colors?

I think I heard it really shows the contours of the car.
Does it also have a slightly campaign look to it?
Yes and Yes. IMO, it shows the lines better. It's the most complex color that Lotus makes with different size aluminum flakes. It looks different in different light. With direct reflection it will look almost like chrome, and in other lighting look sort of bronze. Champagne is a good description in some lighting. Oddly, there is no grey in the paint. It's got black, blue and pink in it, plus the flake.

My wife took this picture on a phone at the Hethel plant in March. Sorry that I'm in it - that spoils the look for sure. :sick: But note how bright some of the areas are - like I said it almost reflects like chrome.

As you might surmise, Nimbus is my spec.

1692544961815.jpeg

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It is the color with the most "dynamic contrast".

That means there is a greater range of light to dark, creating deeper gradients across the surfacing of the car and highlighting the shape more than other colors.

That, plus it's the color that sits right at the intersection of classy and sporting. Silver has a cultural history being both.

Magma is close by these measures as well.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score

That means there is a greater range of light to dark, creating deeper gradients across the surfacing of the car and highlighting the shape more than other colors.

That, plus it's the color that sits right at the intersection of classy and sporting. Silver has a cultural history being both.

Ugh I am tempted now.....
I was going with green and I am not sure I can change my order.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Verdant is almost the opposite, in that it seems to purposefully restrain dynamic contrast. In the shade, it's near black, hiding the shape of the car. Then where the sun hits, you get these shimmers of highlight green that very narrowly/selectively highlight a particular shape in isolation. It's very interesting in that way, but imo I think this car is too beautiful and cohesive a design to be downplaying any lines.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Verdant is almost the opposite, in that it seems to purposefully restrain dynamic contrast. In the shade, it's near black, hiding the shape of the car. Then where the sun hits, you get these shimmers of highlight green that very narrowly/selectively highlight a particular shape in isolation. It's very interesting in that way, but imo I think this car is too beautiful and cohesive a design to be downplaying any lines.
Great way to describe it. I understand exactly what you mean.

Its a paradoxical decision for me because I like to be low key but also want to show the beauty of this gorgeous machine

Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Great way to describe it. I understand exactly what you mean.

Its a paradoxical decision for me because I like to be low key but also show the beauty

I don’t think you can go wrong then! Both would suit you well in different ways.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Our plant guide in March said Nimbus Grey was the most "switched to" color and "Shadow Grey" was the most "switched from" color. This car looks good in all the colors. You could flip a coin to decide and will always be a winner.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

20230820_140550.jpg

Lazaruos

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
as my dealership told me u cant change the specs before 3 months of the production of your car wish u can change it because in my personal opinion nimbus grey is way much better than any other color mine with black pack wanted to remove it but they said its too late

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
For me, it's the only non-dark color that works well with a red interior. Otherwise, I don't like silver/grey cars. On another car, I probably would not have gotten it, but Emira's design really make the most out of the silver color.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I thought it looked great in person but it just isn’t bright enough for me.