What happened to ADAS?

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Personally I do hope ADAS systems will not be included, if you do not know you are lane wandering, tailgating, driving without care or attention, then maybe a taxi is a more suitable vehicle 😉
I’d imagine most taxis have those fitted as standard these days !!

These features could be useful for many people for a whole variety of reasons, it certainly doesn’t mean they’re bad drivers and should get a cab.

I drive 50K miles every year with work, without any of these aids, but when buying what to me is a very expensive car, with rather poor rear visibility, then I certainly wouldn’t mind some of them being fitted.

You can always feel free to turn them off but you can’t turn them on if they‘re not fitted

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I must say I agree that ADAS should be included in FE cars for a whole bunch of reasons. Maybe the simplest reason is “why not”? It harms no one and potentially helps many, making the car accessible to so many more who might need the excuse of using it as a daily. Of course, any and all of the features can be deactivated at the driver’s discretion. The weight difference would be nominal, and even completely compensated by those extra 16 horses between 400 and 416
.wink, wink. Then there’s the FE optics. Shouldn’t these cars be the absolute best Lotus has to offer? Every option to reward the early adopters, I say. This also provides a ready source of feedback for these features that enables improvements. Finally it sends the message that being true to one’s word is a core value for the company. They said the car would be fitted with all manner of modern driver conveniences like ADAS. Then they took that away. I know they won’t be reversing course on that decision. But they really should. And if not , how about letting your customer when those items will be available so people can make the best decision possible with their hard earned money. Just my 2 cents.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed, would be nice if Lotus actually officially told the customers like us who have paid deposits that ADAS isn't included, as the only place we read about it not being included is here on the forum. Especially as initial press release event they used it as one of the selling points!