What do folk know about Exiges?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I could move to another slightly more anorak forum, but I like this one 👌 😁
So have many members got Exiges and if you were going to consider an Exige what would you go for?
I am contemplating it and need to sort a test drive. Maybe hopefully do a back to back at the local dealer when they get their Emira demo.
Think if I got one I'd probably go like for like on the price and get a Final Edition car, but interested to hear people's thoughts.
Link for attention!
đŸ˜‹đŸ„°

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've owned two, both US spec. An 06 N/A and an 07 S220.

Unbelievable cars both. All the same livability compromises found in the Elise. People complain about the lack of rear visibility, as in the supercharged cars the intercooler sits on top of the engine. I simply installed a backup camera wired to be on all the time the car is running, end of problem.

Of course I've not driven an Emira yet so can't compare. The Exige feels like a go car. Dartier handling than an Evora, more tossable. Also much stiffer ride.

Again, not having driven an Emira, don't have a sense of how it will be seen by onlookers. Based on the attention I got in the Exiges, especially the S220 on which I mounted a full mohawk roof, I can't imagine getting less attention with the Exige even if it was sitting right next to an Emira.

We in the US stopped getting Exiges before the V6's were in play. With you in the UK, would definitely go with a V6. In the US, I'd try to get my hands on one of the S260's.

Attachments

• exige.jpeg
    exige.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 28

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Drove an ‘08 S240 across the USA. It’s a go-kart, like the Elise. No power steering, no rear window, no insulation. Probably the most raw and analog car you can buy with doors.

You’re sitting about 3 centimeters from the road surface, and it feels that way. A Prius sitting beside you at a stoplight looks like a semi, and a semi looks like a building. It feels like you’re living a version of, Honey I Shrunk The Kids, and you’re the star.

After 3,000 miles I was ready to keep going. It’s shockingly comfortable for a metal mech suit. I did experience wrist pain for months after, from death-gripping that very communicative wheel for days.

The drama is off the scale. Everything is communicating and making noise and giving tactile feedback. It’s glorious. Very playful, very tossible, very eager.

The attention it gets is constant. Every reaction is joy. It kind of skirts that line where it’s aggressive enough for people to think it’s exotic and fast but small enough with its insect-y grin that it doesn’t give off pretentious vibes. Everyone approaches and wants to know what it is. For those who do see it as pretentious, I assume the lack of dignity in exiting the vehicle probably disarms them.

Driving experience is a mix of white knuckle and pure intuition. It’s telepathic and awakens a deep longing for connection. Feels like another limb beneath you. But also the driving experience is very defensive, like a motorcycle. Assume no one sees you, always on high alert for distracted drivers and potholes.

So yeah don’t buy one. The Emira will be amazing and I’m fully expecting essence of all of this stuff. But Exige turns it up to 11 and is an hell of a drug.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've owned two, both US spec. An 06 N/A and an 07 S220.

1658425909830.png

Ha! That photo looks like it's at Katie's in Great Falls. Been there many times. We will need to meet up at some point. :cool:

nosirrahx

Reaction score
What I know about the Exige is that if I want an S3 in America, the process is expensive as holy hell and has questionable legality. At some point I probably will end up getting an S2 and upgrading the piss out of it.

There are vids on youtube of an Exige that I believe has the 3.5 bored out to 3.7 and the supercharger upgraded to a TVS 1900. That thing makes way more power to the wheels than a 430 makes at the crank.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have an s2 exige (with Komotec 280s kit) - its epic.....

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had a 350 Sport V6 Exige. Fx&xing ace.
Same engine as Emira but redline is 600rpm higher. As fast on the road as most supercars, in the right hands. Great noise. Loved it. Why dont I still have it? Well, there was this time I was doing 145mph in it at Goodwood

Actually not all that dramatic, I just wasn’t quite ‘there’ while travelling at those sorts of speed on a track that is fairly unforgiving and contemplated what might have been. 😉

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Cheers đŸ» all. Love Reading about everyone's experiences.
Really want to drive one now

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts