❓ QUESTION What can I do about Tiny Petals, Huge Blind Spot and Touchy Brakes?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just drove back from Chicago to Minneapolis in my new Emira.
Badass car and I am happy with it.

But I am kind of afraid to drive it again because of a few things:

1.) During Minneapolis traffic I had to take my shoe off to be able to stop stepping on my soles of my shoes. I guess I gotta get smaller soled shoes for driving this bad boy. But do you just get used to it after a while? I don't have huge feet -- size 9.

2.) The brakes are fine at high speeds but at slow speeds they are so powerful. Any solutions to this or do I just get used to it?

3.) Lastly, the blind spot. Any solutions to that? Its kind of terrifying because I always manually look at that part of the car and now its covered up by the side of the car near the engine.
Any third party stuff I could rig up? It truly freaks me out.

I don't mean to complain about the car, its badass and wonderful.
Just wondering if you guys had any solutions? Thanks a ton!

Last edited:

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just drove back from Chicago got Minneapolis in my new Emira.
Badass car and I am hapyp with it.

Btu I am kind of afraid to drive it again because of a few things:

1.) In Minneapolsi traffic I had to take my shoe off to be able to stop stepping on my soles of my shoes. I guess I gotta get smaller soled shoes for driving this bad boy. But do you just get used to it after a while? I don't have huge feet -- size 9.

2.) The brakes are fine at high speeds but at slow speeds they are so powerful. Any solutions to this or do I just get used to it?

3.) Lastly, the blind spot. Any solutions to that? Its kind of terrifying because I always manually look at that part of the car and now its covered up by the side of the car near the engine.

You'll get used to the brakes and pedals. Just part of being a Lotus. The blind spot is just an adjustment issue. You don't need to see the side of your own car. Swing out the mirrors until your car has disappeared. It'll seem weird at first but you'll quickly get used to it and probably change all your different cars to look more widely.

Xroyalnavy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just drove back from Chicago got Minneapolis in my new Emira.
Badass car and I am hapyp with it.

Btu I am kind of afraid to drive it again because of a few things:

1.) In Minneapolsi traffic I had to take my shoe off to be able to stop stepping on my soles of my shoes. I guess I gotta get smaller soled shoes for driving this bad boy. But do you just get used to it after a while? I don't have huge feet -- size 9.

Borrow an Esprit and practice then you will be fine in an Emira!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and these help with the cramped pedal box... 😉

1000016170.jpg

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You'll get used to the brakes and pedals. Just part of being a Lotus. The blind spot is just an adjustment issue. You don't need to see the side of your own car. Swing out the mirrors until your car has disappeared. It'll seem weird at first but you'll quickly get used to it and probably change all your different cars to look more widely.
Wow ok interesting tip. Do you do this with both mirrors?

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@GRP can you get a batch of those special mirrors that you sold me for the Evora where I can see like another 60 degrees.

Reactions: GRP

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow ok interesting tip. Do you do this with both mirrors?
Yes. I started completely eliminating my car from both mirrors when I got my first Elise. It's unnecessary to see your own car. You'll get several feet of additional view on both sides of the car by moving them out.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I really didn’t notice any touchiness in brakes in the three demo cars I’ve had. Feels like most sports cars?

Pedal box is absolutely cramped but I got used to it in 10 minutes and had zero problem operating both gas and brake with the right foot at the same time.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wear narrower shoes + driver will adapt ("heel & toe" will become "pinky & big toe") / don't worry about the brakes; they will break-in + driver will adapt / adjust the mirrors outwards especially on the passenger side. I too had a habit of looking through the rear passenger side door window, which is non-existent in the Emira. It did take some time getting used to...
Enjoy the car and your self-transformation ;)

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I really didn’t notice any touchiness in brakes in the three demo cars I’ve had. Feels like most sports cars?

Pedal box is absolutely cramped but I got used to it in 10 minutes and had zero problem operating both gas and brake with the right foot at the same time.
I think I did notice it in the demo car I drove, but it wasn't as dramatic
It isn't an issue at high speeds but in traffic its very hard for me to get used to

It was very jerky.

No its far different than the 911.

Last edited:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Emira of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just drove back from Chicago to Minneapolis in my new Emira.
Badass car and I am happy with it.

But I am kind of afraid to drive it again because of a few things:

1.) During Minneapolis traffic I had to take my shoe off to be able to stop stepping on my soles of my shoes. I guess I gotta get smaller soled shoes for driving this bad boy. But do you just get used to it after a while? I don't have huge feet -- size 9.

Change shoes, you wont step on your sole, and you´ll brake smoothly, and last but not least, never look back.
Problems solved