• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Dogs in Emira

paul0

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a Golden Retriever and am wondering how other dogs owners go in the Emira.

Seem like the airbag can be deactivated for the passenger seat which could be an option. Also has anyone found the area behind the seats to be usable for a dog bed? I drove a 4 seat Evora for a while and he fitted in quite well for a car on this type,

Cheers!

Hi guys,

I have a Golden Retriever and am wondering how other dogs owners go in the Emira.

Seem like the airbag can be deactivated for the passenger seat which could be an option. Also has anyone found the area behind the seats to be usable for a dog bed? I drove a 4 seat Evora for a while and he fitted in quite well for a car on this type,

Cheers!
If your Golden is not bigger than a carry on, he will fit nice and tight behind the seats.
Not that I tried, I don´t have one anymore. 😜

IMG_4505.jpeg

Hi guys,

Cheers!

He says his woof is much louder, more dynamic and less controllable.

Hi guys,

Cheers!
Hi Paul, I have an 18kg Greyhound that fits in the passenger seat, provided he can lie down (secured with harness and airbag off) If your dog enjoys car rides, it should be fine for certain rides. However, mine doesn't enjoy driving, and I prefer not to take him in this car due to his anxiety he will always stand up. This way, we both really can't enjoy it :)

Attachments

• IMG_8720.jpeg
    IMG_8720.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 108
How am I only discovering this thread now?? Love all the pics! 😍😍

I've been wondering about bringing my 70 lb black lab into the Emira with me once I take delivery, but am worried that she'll scuff up the passenger door siding / leave a bunch of drool marks on the window sill, like she does on my daily driver. 😄

How am I only discovering this thread now?? Love all the pics! 😍😍

I've been wondering about bringing my 70 lb black lab into the Emira with me once I take delivery, but am worried that she'll scuff up the passenger door siding / leave a bunch of drool marks on the window sill, like she does on my daily driver. 😄
Depends how much you love your pooch and how much you love your Emira 🐶 🚘

The passenger floorboard is pretty big. Any luck getting a big dog to lay down there and use the seat bottom as a pillow? 😎

Mu JRT goes on the rear shelf in a soft crate..... Speaking of which... Anyone have any suggestions for removing dog hair?