❔ QUESTION What are you using to brighten up your seals?

alanfitzpatrick

Reaction score
Hi All,
Despite only having my car a few months, my inner door seals by the wing mirrors are already looking tired and super faded. Any tips on bringing these back to life? I don’t know why they look so tired already?
Al.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Might just be rubber bloom. It's normal. Wipe off with mild soap detergent and it should be good to go.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
IMG_6901.jpeg

This has been excellent for all of my faded plastics and rubber… automotive or otherwise.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
+1 for the 303 Aerospace, worked very well on past cars, even when I lived in FL and SC parking outside. (glad those days are over....)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Gummi Pflege is awesome for keeping those rubber seals around the windows and door frames fresh and moisturized. It's popular in the VW/Audi world, but I use it on all my vehicles as part of a yearly detail. It's easy to apply and ~$12 on Amazon.

1000019497.jpg

SJones

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,
Despite only having my car a few months, my inner door seals by the wing mirrors are already looking tired and super faded. Any tips on bringing these back to life? I don’t know why they look so tired already?
Al.
The parts you describe are easily the poorest execution of a rubber product I have seen so far on a western made car. They are rough, porous , and present like the cheapest Chinese made crap they could find. These mirror door seals look and feel like they would be lucky to last 6 months. Definitely low rent , I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s not impressed

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The parts you describe are easily the poorest execution of a rubber product I have seen so far on a western made car. They are rough, porous , and present like the cheapest Chinese made crap they could find. These mirror door seals look and feel like they would be lucky to last 6 months. Definitely low rent , I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s not impressed
Isn’t that the British way? The battery pack for the McClaren P1 uses cheap batteries off of Amazon, bundled and linked, sealed together and charge 20-30k to replace. Subpar parts quality throughout. Design is there. Implementation is not.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This was recommended to me by the company that made my VW Camper.

Works a treat.

From Amazon...

Attachments

• 619qZuSsQrL._SX522_.jpg
    619qZuSsQrL._SX522_.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 7