• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION What are some annoying "features" you've experienced?

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What are some of the quirks or as I refer to them as annoying "features" of your Emira?

My two are:
~ The car has key-less go. But you still have to get the fob out to unlock/lock the car.
~ The radio activates as soon as you open the driver's door. This is REALLY annoying when I'm cleaning the car and have the Bluetooth speakers playing music in the garage as it turns off the music in the garage and starts playing it in the car.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What are some of the quirks or as I refer to them as annoying "features" of your Emira?

My two are:
~ The car has key-less go. But you still have to get the fob out to unlock/lock the car.
~ The radio activates as soon as you open the driver's door. This is REALLY annoying when I'm cleaning the car and have the Bluetooth speakers playing music in the garage as it turns off the music in the garage and starts playing it in the car.
I would argue the first one is a benefit as it means the Emira is not at risk from a keyless relay attack. So many premium cars have been stolen in the UK using this, I'm quite glad it doesn't have keyless entry.

As far as annoying features goes - touch sensitive steering wheel buttons are a bad idea IMHO. Too easy to accidentally activate when driving.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Touch steering wheel control for sure. I don’t like the way key is shaped. In my pocket keep press the buttons.

I did that with my EV9 the other day. Managed to simultaneously open the trunk and set off the panic alarm when I turned to open the garage door. Of course the trunk kept the garage from opening, and the fact that it was 4 am kept me from immediately comprehending what was going on.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Holding Unlock does not roll the windows down.
Is it a US thing? Certainly does on mine. Maybe new batteries needed? In my case it sometimes didn't work and I figured it might be the signal cutting out. New batteries did the job :D

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it a US thing? Certainly does on mine. Maybe new batteries needed? In my case it sometimes didn't work and I figured it might be the signal cutting out. New batteries did the job :D
I am not sure.................I think other US people are having this issue as well.

Rapture

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's a coding thing. The dealer could change this (and other coding) if they are willing and know how to do it. I'd like to turn of the seatbelt chime and do some other coding options. Hopefully someday.

Danny91364USA

Reaction score
My first 150 miles: just bringing the things that I dislike a little, but I’ve heard other people mention. Overall phenomenal and I can’t even go too fast yet. Nothing would make me wanna get rid of the car.
I failed California smog on friday because there is not enough miles on it for the onboard diagnostics to be calibrated. I have to do another 50 miles at least.
I find the seats very comfortable. However, I’m short. It’s a little bit difficult getting out so I have to pull my seat back about 12 inches to get out comfortably.
The Soundsystem for me isn’t loud enough. I like to blare music really loudly when I’m in the zone and off to the gym . However, when I have no music, the engine sounds plentiful awesome to me.

The whine of the supercharger is fantastic.

Can’t see out the back right window, so I’ll have to rely on the mirrors
Easy to see the mechanism in the back window from the engine when you gas. but you can’t see the linkage in the stick shift at all in operation when you’re driving.
Location of the USB port behind the stick shift is awkward to get to from the driver side.
The Voice for the navigation system is way too quiet, but very British, which is good for me
It’s too easy to keep turning the air-conditioning on by mistake when you put your phone in the little cubby
pedal gap is fine for me. i’m short and small feet.
Hoping that this rubbing of the seat on the bowl of plastic will not be a problem with my solution.
Sometimes the gears get a little bit sticky when I put it into first. And sometimes the car gets a bit jittery.
Surprisingly, I’m not scraping the other side as much as I thought I would. I did put those strips on underneath, but I don’t hear it rub at all now except that my local Starbucks that has a really weird entry.
Thoroughly happy with the car.

LOTUSSTEVE

Reaction score
My first 150 miles: just bringing the things that I dislike a little, but I’ve heard other people mention. Overall phenomenal and I can’t even go too fast yet. Nothing would make me wanna get rid of the car.
I failed California smog on friday because there is not enough miles on it for the onboard diagnostics to be calibrated. I have to do another 50 miles at least.
I find the seats very comfortable. However, I’m short. It’s a little bit difficult getting out so I have to pull my seat back about 12 inches to get out comfortably.
The Soundsystem for me isn’t loud enough. I like to blare music really loudly when I’m in the zone and off to the gym . However, when I have no music, the engine sounds plentiful awesome to me.

The whine of the supercharger is fantastic.

Can’t see out the back right window, so I’ll have to rely on the mirrors
Easy to see the mechanism in the back window from the engine when you gas. but you can’t see the linkage in the stick shift at all in operation when you’re driving.
Location of the USB port behind the stick shift is awkward to get to from the driver side.
The Voice for the navigation system is way too quiet, but very British, which is good for me
It’s too easy to keep turning the air-conditioning on by mistake when you put your phone in the little cubby
pedal gap is fine for me. i’m short and small feet.
Hoping that this rubbing of the seat on the bowl of plastic will not be a problem with my solution.
Sometimes the gears get a little bit sticky when I put it into first. And sometimes the car gets a bit jittery.
Surprisingly, I’m not scraping the other side as much as I thought I would. I did put those strips on underneath, but I don’t hear it rub at all now except that my local Starbucks that has a really weird entry.
Thoroughly happy with the car.
Everything takes a while to wear in,my gearbox was a little stiff at first but now after 3000mls it absolutely superb.

I does help moving the seat back all the way for easy entering and exiting.
You'll love it more and more as miles increase and it grows on you.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why are you getting a brand new car smog tested?
Because, like, the environment, man... 😏 🦆

(edit: I also wondered this, but fck knows California has no sense of humour on such issues)