Went in for recal/updates, came out with a new issue

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Since the last update a few weeks ago I now get the sos warning on pretty much every start up, not had it once in 5mths before that, 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
They also spotted the power steering leaking so it went back in (10th trip back) for that. The only thing they couldn't do was the wiper update as on back order but ironically my wipers work fine. You couldn't write this shit

The incompetence is staggering tbh, althiugh central lotus have been spot on.

I really love the car but 6mths in and still returning to the dealers every couple of weeks is wearing thin.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Since the last update a few weeks ago I now get the sos warning on pretty much every start up, not had it once in 5mths before that, 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
They also spotted the power steering leaking so it went back in (10th trip back) for that. The only thing they couldn't do was the wiper update as on back order but ironically my wipers work fine. You couldn't write this shit

The incompetence is staggering tbh, althiugh central lotus have been spot on.

I really love the car but 6mths in and still returning to the dealers every couple of weeks is wearing thin.
Man, I'm even getting tired of just reading about these issues, let alone your experience of having to actually deal with them in real life... 😑

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Somehow I think there will be a rash of class action suits against Lotus. Still can’t get a new car on account of the one you‘ve got is a POS??

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Somehow I think there will be a rash of class action suits against Lotus. Still can’t get a new car on account of the one you‘ve got is a POS??
Vast majority of Emiras have no material issues at all. Unfortunately there are a very small number of "lemons" that have put their owners through hell.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've never had any warnings or anything on mine, but now, after the updates recently, same thing, SOS warning pretty much every time I start the car.

And yes, even after doing 180 miles in it on Sunday it did it yesterday, so maybe not a charge issue 😔

nimbusblack

Reaction score
seems that any time the battery is disconnected this issue creeps in, ive lived it with on mine and it happens 100% when starting at home, at my parents house it never happens and the car would have been stationary for 2+ days. I thinks its connected to the LTE/3G/4G whatever signal available at the time the car is started.

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Vast majority of Emiras have no material issues at all. Unfortunately there are a very small number of "lemons" that have put their owners through hell.
There's certainly people had it far worse than mine, it's been nothing particularly major just constant little niggles mostly