• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Frequency of Lotus VSIC Updates

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Okay so in a couple months we're going to be approaching the 1 year anniversary of the Lotus VSIC publishing the Emira Service Notes. No updates have been made since, no recalls have been posted (even though there have been some), just absolutely nothing added in addition to this.

Is Lotus abandoning the VSIC in favor of a private center?

I'm asking because I typically do work myself and really value having up to date service information as a consumer.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Okay so in a couple months we're going to be approaching the 1 year anniversary of the Lotus VSIC publishing the Emira Service Notes. No updates have been made since, no recalls have been posted (even though there have been some), just absolutely nothing added in addition to this.

Is Lotus abandoning the VSIC in favor of a private center?

I'm asking because I typically do work myself and really value having up to date service information as a consumer.

I suspect that they're holding off to add in all of the i4 and ADAS stuff which is, at least in Europe and the UK, delayed (probably) until Q1 2024....

OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect that they're holding off to add in all of the i4 and ADAS stuff which is, at least in Europe and the UK, delayed (probably) until Q1 2024....
Quite possible, but even recalls haven't been posted.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If they don't make it available, they would run afoul of a number of different right to repair laws.