Well, it's official! Porsche dumps ICE for Boxster/Cayman

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Contact??
Have they put you off again?
They changed my interior, but looks like they also accidentally added on privacy glass, which I really don't want and will put my delivery back to change it... They are looking at it to be fair see what they say next week. Just waiting on a call from Porsche tho, figure may as well stick a deposit in for a Boxster GTS as well

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
They changed my interior, but looks like they also accidentally added on privacy glass, which I really don't want and will put my delivery back to change it... They are looking at it to be fair see what they say next week. Just waiting on a call from Porsche tho, figure may as well stick a deposit in for a Boxster GTS as well
Have a older Boxster GTS with a sports suspension loving it you can’t go wrong.
Buying the Emira hoping for more of the same.

Attachments

• IMG_3090.jpg
    IMG_3090.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 43

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira is the last gas car I’ll ever buy, and I suspect it’ll hold its spot in the garage for the rest of my life. It will scratch the ICE itch just fine, and so I say bring on the electric everything else.
I feel exactly the same and that's my plan as well.

Cars are not getting smaller or lighter, so I'm excited to have at least one lightweight (by today's standards) mid-engine manual sports car in the garage. Meanwhile I'll continue to daily a much quicker EV since they're miles better than ICE cars are for daily use.

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Emira is the last gas car I’ll ever buy, and I suspect it’ll hold its spot in the garage for the rest of my life. It will scratch the ICE itch just fine, and so I say bring on the electric everything else.
That’s kinda how I feel about holding on to my 6sp MX5

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m probably selling a 718 Spyder to get an Emira, unless I can sort out a way to have both. I’m lucky to have a wife that understands and supports this.

They both are an end of an era.
the spyder is worth a lot more than an Emira this year, next year, 20 years from now. Unless it is a boring build in it, like a bit no frills interior, then ditch it and do it right with an Emira is my vote. I have seen some spyder's with gorgeous interior options, and they look stunning. I think is the best looking car in the past 20 years easily aside from supercars.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I feel like the Emira is the last brand new ICE performance coupe I'm able to order/buy with what I look for in a performance coupe - amazing exterior/interior design, 6MT offered, great engine options, etc.

Reason? No one is making the "traditional" sports car anymore.

And that's kind of infuriating.

Last edited:

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m probably selling a 718 Spyder to get an Emira, unless I can sort out a way to have both. I’m lucky to have a wife that understands and supports this.

They both are an end of an era.
Keeping my GTS, I was going to buy the 718 spyder “ still on a waiting list “ How ever I love the idea of having a Ferrari.
I grow up dreaming of a 308 them a 458, and the Emira has the looks without the downfalls.. I am fortunate that my loving wife allows me to enjoy / explore my passions. I hope you get to keep both!

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 27