• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Weird question - convert regular wheels into diamond?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is kind of a lame question..
But I couldn't decide on my wheels, so I just went with the classics.

But those diamonds can look pretty sick.

Is there any way I could have them painted to look like that.. or is that kind of dumb?

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m sure there is someone who feels the other way. While I'm not in a position to swap with you, I really like the look of the silver, having ordered the diamond cut… will be much cheaper than a refinish.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah it’s more than just diamond cut too, you’d need to paint the rest of the wheel, cut and clear the whole wheel.

Bimmernate

Reaction score
Diamond cut looks like a ceiling fan in my opinion… stick with the silver or do a custom powder coat to another color you might like

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Diamond cut looks like a ceiling fan in my opinion… stick with the silver or do a custom powder coat to another color you might like
For some reason whenever I look at the diamond cut wheels I am reminded of the Hot Wheels cars I played with as a kid. I just can’t get that out of my head.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For some reason whenever I look at the diamond cut wheels I am reminded of the Hot Wheels cars I played with as a kid. I just can’t get that out of my head.
I know what you mean. It’s not helped by the fact my hot wheels emiras look to spec given how well the wheels match.

The D cut wheels look great in person, so I’m happy with my choice for now and like another poster said, I can always swap/refinish.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you find a decent wheel refurb/customs place they should be able to chemically strip the wheels, then repaint them in the style of the DCs and finally do the DC on top.

It would effectively be the same process for them as refurbing a kerbed set of the DCs