• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

*waves hand* This is not the red you’re looking for…

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There is a terrific you tube video showcasing the creation of soul red crystal. And yes, it is a process. But if Mazda can do it at a large scale, lotus should be able to as well. Not saying the color needs to be comparable (although I’d like that), but lotus should be able to create the same illusion of depth and vibrancy. Personally I’d rather have a color I’m excited by every day and risk having to match it than Get a lackluster color. Not saying hats what magma red is…I have no way of knowing. I’m crossing my fingers it’s awesome.
Yup...saw it several years ago. Great video. I agree with you about the color....until/if the unfortunate happens and you have a mismatched panel. Which happens on easy paint colors. Obviously worst case scenario though.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No one else thinks the red swatches are disappointing? I went in there with high hopes… now I’m Google searching vinyl wraps :-(
Same view, too maroon in poor light. Shame as car would stunning in a bright red.

Ceejay

Reaction score
My Cerbera recently resprayed in Firenze red, the magma sample looked quite similar at lotus silverstone.

Attachments

• 7488C109-AC95-484F-97BC-E2F6695B0E6E.jpeg
    7488C109-AC95-484F-97BC-E2F6695B0E6E.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 81

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Subtle hint there… Magma may need to or should look like, well, magma…

Imagine being in that room (or Zoom call)…

OK, we got those all out of the way. Man Nimbus was a good call team. Way to go Sam!

Yeah. Took us 3 hours for Seneca but Pat really stepped up.

OK, this one should be easy. Red…

Let’s call it Magma! OK, well it is lunch time and Friday… All in favor? OK. Magma it is. Way to go Alex!

Reminds me of the Mitch Hedberg bit when they're trying to come up with the name for Double Tree Hotel.

OP
Johnson

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
… and this is Magma Red under the Florida sun.
There is no way this is the same colour swatch as the one I saw in Melbourne. I tried all light conditions (inside, full sun, cloudy)… it just wasn’t that red. What is going on?

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Your sun has less lumens than my sun!

On a serious note, Magma Red has dual personality (similar to Fire Red). When I placed the same Magma disk next to this Fire Red Evora indoors, the Magma disk and the Fire Red both looked identical and maroonish.

Attachments

• 87F6070E-5FC0-4A52-B703-D2B228677168.jpeg
    87F6070E-5FC0-4A52-B703-D2B228677168.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: DJW

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Maybe this will help you imagine what Emira would look like in Magma Red

Attachments

• 001ECEE7-159E-4670-B9B2-CBDA1BE47996.jpeg
    001ECEE7-159E-4670-B9B2-CBDA1BE47996.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 172
  • EFAC7EDE-D78A-48AE-9E87-815ECA1AD38A.jpeg
    EFAC7EDE-D78A-48AE-9E87-815ECA1AD38A.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 178

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I would love if verdant green was so dark that in the shade you need to get close to confirm its color.
Absolutely nothing can be said about Verdant to change my mind on it.

Lotus could name it Black and it’s still mine. :)

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing can be said about Verdant to change my mind on it.

Lotus could name it Black and it’s still mine. :)
I too really like VG, primarily for me because it seems so unique. At once black and deep emerald green depending on the lighting. It’s an exciting color!!!! It will look amazing.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I too really like VG, primarily for me because it seems so unique. At once black and deep emerald green depending on the lighting. It’s an exciting color!!!! It will look amazing.
I mean. Ew, gross, yuck. Nobody should get this color. ;)

nahanni

Reaction score
I mean. Ew, gross, yuck. Nobody should get this color. ;)
My choice is nimbus or verdant. Too much of an introvert to choose hethel yellow or magma red. I have been down this road with colors in the past. Know myself somewhat better these days. It is enjoyable reading the many opinions. It's a great forum. Thanks

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Subtle hint there… Magma may need to or should look like, well, magma…

Imagine being in that room (or Zoom call)…

OK, we got those all out of the way. Man Nimbus was a good call team. Way to go Sam!

Yeah. Took us 3 hours for Seneca but Pat really stepped up.

OK, this one should be easy. Red…

Let’s call it Magma! OK, well it is lunch time and Friday… All in favor? OK. Magma it is. Way to go Alex!
I think we need to withhold judgement on magma red for the time being. As yet, we only have a disk with concave and convex surfaces. We don’t have the true color on a car with all its curves, creases, flats and accessories. How those will impact our impression is still an open question for me. I’m hopeful that the color mimics that which we’ve seen on the most recent renders from @Eagle7. They seem to closely approximate fire red and canyon red metallic, which to mee look like deeper red versions of soul red. Let’s see how things play out on a real car.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Having seen the sample disc on a Fire Red Exige , I would agree as others have that is near as damn it the colour you will get. Maroon in dull light, sparkles brighter in full sun.

fishman76092

Reaction score
It’s Fire Red from the EGT. Confirmed by Lotus rep in Austin. Google fire red Evora and you’ll see what it will look like.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s Fire Red from the EGT. Confirmed by Lotus rep in Austin. Google fire red Evora and you’ll see what it will look like.
From what I've observed its not quite fire red but close. Fire red has a goldish fleck in sunlight (actually making it look a bit more brown) whereas magma has a silver/red fleck. If anyone here has a Fire Fed Lotus they should be able to confirm this.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
How would the lotus rep know that magma is the same color as fire red? Seems to me the only way to know this is to know the mix color codes and proportions. I like fire red, so hope they’re right. But this seems like pretty specific info for the reps to know when they haven’t exactly been bastions of accuracy in the past according to some of the past chatter.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From what I've observed its not quite fire red but close. Fire red has a goldish fleck in sunlight (actually making it look a bit more brown) whereas magma has a silver/red fleck. If anyone here has a Fire Fed Lotus they should be able to confirm this.

Magma Red has a copper/gold fleck in it, so although not identical to Fire Red it is very close

img_7608-jpg.515

img_7613-jpg.520

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts