Waiting times

Cljxc50

Reaction score
Hi all,
Yesterday I was passing my local dealership and happened to notice a lovely Evora 410gt sport on the front so I stopped for a quick look.
When one of the sales people walked passed he stopped and said “lovely isn’t it “ I had to agree but said I was in the market for the Emira and was waiting for the price/ spec of the V6 non FE.
We then started a long conversation and he said that Lotus were a bit overwhelmed by the response to Emira and we were now looking at waiting times of up to three years!
Please tell me he’s joking right?😳

Duncx

Reaction score
I seem to remember being told (a couple of months ago) that Lotus have over five thousand UK orders and the UK allocation was about 1.5K cars per year. There was talk of ramping up production though?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi all,
Yesterday I was passing my local dealership and happened to notice a lovely Evora 410gt sport on the front so I stopped for a quick look.
When one of the sales people walked passed he stopped and said “lovely isn’t it “ I had to agree but said I was in the market for the Emira and was waiting for the price/ spec of the V6 non FE.
We then started a long conversation and he said that Lotus were a bit overwhelmed by the response to Emira and we were now looking at waiting times of up to three years!
Please tell me he’s joking right?😳
It may be a years wait from now if you out a deposit in the UK but not 3 years. Expect longer lead times when reviews and cars hit the road.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Actually he's not joking. The word is spreading about the Emira, and the deposits keep coming in, and this is just from enthusiasts who follow things like motorsports. The general public doesn't even know this exists yet. As soon as the major reviewers have reviews; guys like Top Gear for example, and these start to show up on the street, the line is going to become very very long.

The wait times right now are based on Lotus only having one production shift though, which can produce about 5,000 cars a year. I believe they're already in the process of starting to put together a second shift, so that would add another 5,000, and Matt has said they can do as many as three shifts. Even with two shifts putting out 10,000 cars a year though, that may be a drop in the bucket compared to the demand once these get out in the wild and people see them. The response is going to be epic.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Actually he's not joking. The word is spreading about the Emira, and the deposits keep coming in, and this is just from enthusiasts who follow things like motorsports. The general public doesn't even know this exists yet. As soon as the major reviewers have reviews; guys like Top Gear for example, and these start to show up on the street, the line is going to become very very long.

The wait times right now are based on Lotus only having one production shift though, which can produce about 5,000 cars a year. I believe they're already in the process of starting to put together a second shift, so that would add another 5,000, and Matt has said they can do as many as three shifts. Even with two shifts putting out 10,000 cars a year though, that may be a drop in the bucket compared to the demand once these get out in the wild and people see them. The response is going to be epic.
Yes..... to us the Emira is wonderful.... the big hope for Lotus.... mentioned I was buying to a friend.... he said "he had heard of Lotus, but did they not go bust a few years ago"

So many things we dont know.... and I dont think Lotus know yet them selfs, if the car gets a good review... if the public like it and at the price point..... orders could ramp up...... but other factors could stall or slow sales.

I dont think Lotus will invest in shifts, until they can see what looks like a steady stream of orders

CBG_Russ

Reaction score
I emailed Lotus a couple of weeks ago asking for the current lead-time if I was to place a V6 First Edition order (UK) and was told second part of 2023 and into early 2024.

I have since placed my order with the £4000 deposit and at checkout the website stated 60 weeks.

I am OK with this for now and it will give me plenty of time to decide on colours and gearbox.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I emailed Lotus a couple of weeks ago asking for the current lead-time if I was to place a V6 First Edition order (UK) and was told second part of 2023 and into early 2024.

I have since placed my order with the £4000 deposit and at checkout the website stated 60 weeks.

I am OK with this for now and it will give me plenty of time to decide on colours and gearbox.
Oh OK.... that slipped by me..... £4K reservation fee now

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes..... to us the Emira is wonderful.... the big hope for Lotus.... mentioned I was buying to a friend.... he said "he had heard of Lotus, but did they not go bust a few years ago"

So many things we dont know.... and I dont think Lotus know yet them selfs, if the car gets a good review... if the public like it and at the price point..... orders could ramp up...... but other factors could stall or slow sales.

I dont think Lotus will invest in shifts, until they can see what looks like a steady stream of orders
I can understand caution; that's often the wiser position to take. In an interview with Chris Harris where they were talking about all the new upcoming cars for 2022, at the end of the discussion he was asked out of all the cars they talked about, which was the one he wanted the most to see and drive? He said the Emira. A Chris Harris video review is going to get a million views. If it's a glowing report with him smiling, laughing, having fun and talking about the noise and how great it is to drive a sports car with a proper manual gear box...the interest in the Emira is going to explode.

From what I understand, the 2nd shift is already in the process of being put together. They've already got so many deposits the entire production year of 2023 is going to be ONLY for the V6. Think of that. They aren't even going to be able to start production of the i4 until 4th quarter next year which starts 2024 production. I fully expect the i4 will sell in greater numbers than the V6 for many reasons, including price point. I think Lotus expects that too. This is a very exciting time for Lotus and Lotus fans.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I can understand caution; that's often the wiser position to take. In an interview with Chris Harris where they were talking about all the new upcoming cars for 2022, at the end of the discussion he was asked out of all the cars they talked about, which was the one he wanted the most to see and drive? He said the Emira. A Chris Harris video review is going to get a million views. If it's a glowing report with him smiling, laughing, having fun and talking about the noise and how great it is to drive a sports car with a proper manual gear box...the interest in the Emira is going to explode.

From what I understand, the 2nd shift is already in the process of being put together. They've already got so many deposits the entire production year of 2023 is going to be ONLY for the V6. Think of that. They aren't even going to be able to start production of the i4 until 4th quarter next year which starts 2024 production. I fully expect the i4 will sell in greater numbers than the V6 for many reasons, including price point. I think Lotus expects that too. This is a very exciting time for Lotus and Lotus fans.
Yep.... I did laugh when Chris said he was looking forward to the EMIRA.... only moments before he dismist the car " be under no illusion it's not a new car" but yes he did say he's looking forward to going to hethal :)

Oh yes..... From what I saw at Hethal on the day we spent there..... they are putting the car together better than other that has gone before... It sounds epic.... give it good reviews..... and they can keep the price to compete with other brands.... Epic :)

Duncx

Reaction score
They've already got so many deposits the entire production year of 2023 is going to be ONLY for the V6. Think of that. They aren't even going to be able to start production of the i4 until 4th quarter next year which starts 2024 production.
Maybe you're talking about for the US, but in the UK the first i4 cars are promised to arrive in Q4 2022, maybe even late in Q3 2022. This is what Lotus told me only 1 week ago (y)

I have to smile a bit about all the talk of a good TG review sending demand for the Emira spiralling. I hope it's true but I can't help but remember the utterly glowing TG review of the Evora (by Clarkson himself!) - it made sod all difference to sales :cry:

Last edited:

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Maybe you're talking about for the US, but in the UK the first i4 cars are promised to arrive in Q4 2022, maybe even late in Q3 2022. This is what Lotus told me only 1 week ago (y)

I have to smile a bit about all the talk of a good TG review sending demand for the Emira spiralling. I hope it's true but I can't help but remember the utterly glowing Evora TG review (by Clarkson himself!) - it made sod all difference to sales :cry:
Yes...... watched it the other day........ YouTube offered it up for me...... yes he loved the car...... not a clue.... why it did nothing to help sales..... for me the Evora was not a car that would be right for my needs..... an every day, some times long distance car..... perhaps dispite the review.... ? many saw it as a weekend car ...... lets hope for better this time

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I have to smile a bit about all the talk of a good TG review sending demand for the Emira spiralling. I hope it's true but I can't help but remember the utterly glowing TG review of the Evora (by Clarkson himself!) - it made sod all difference to sales :cry:
Yeah we're being told in the U.S. i4 production doesn't start until Q4 2023. I know you guys in the U.K. seem to be getting things at least 6 months earlier. Being able to buy direct from the factory has to help. We have to wait for dealer allocations, and then go from there.

With all due respect to the Evora, it's not the Emira. The additional features Lotus has put into the Emira will likely make the difference in how the public sees and reacts to the car. The Evora looks like a weekend track car; the Emira doesn't. I think the Emira has just the right balance of weekend track, as well as daily driver features that are going to make the difference. And of course there's the superstar looks of the Emira. It's going to turn heads, no doubt.

FrenchBred

Reaction score
I committed to a deposit on feb 1st, in order to beat the rush when reviews come out. I've been prepared for waiting between 60 and 100 weeks so trying hard to remain emotionally detached for as long as possible !!!

I only hope TG do a better feature than for GR Yaris, i found that very overhyped infotainment rather than a review.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

@CBG_Russ has the latest info - it's Q3/Q4 2023 delivery for the UK if you place a deposit today. That timing is based on a second shift being in place for all of 2023.

Second shift is confirmed for next year but may start earlier than that, depending on the increase in orders after press reviews in March.

I don't know what the criteria for kicking off the third shift is, but it must be getting close!

Samps

Reaction score

I hope you are correct with i4 uk delivery’s being Q4 2022 (even better if Q3 2022). I think I’m a fairly early depositor (7th July pre Goodwood) but was told Q1 2023 delivery by B&C ?.......

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

With this many cars,it starts to make the Emira less Elusive.....

Echoes of Porsches being a dime a dozen comes to mind...

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Exactly - be on every street corner - but i guess they have to balance global supply and demand against UK demand. if they can make 15000 cars over 3 shifts not all of them will be bound for the UK.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think this begs the question as to how many V6 First Editions will end up being made and what the distributions will be over the years...

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

And yet, aggregate the total numbers of Porsches made in high volumes over the last 15 years and I can still go days without seeing one - I think seeing an Emira will still be an "event"

denk0815

Reaction score
Exactly - be on every street corner - but i guess they have to balance global supply and demand against UK demand. if they can make 15000 cars over 3 shifts not all of them will be bound for the UK.
Lets be honest, most of them will go to China.