Video reviews by customers who are not forum members

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The video shows a rather slow 100-200 km/h time with 11,64s using third to fourth gear. But he‘s not revving it out to redline, shifts at 6500-6600.

With faster shifting and near redline shifting I managed a 11,17s.
Do you think it would be better with 7k redline after tune? Or just marginally. Maybe that is a question for someone with an evora GT

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you think it would be better with 7k redline after tune? Or just marginally. Maybe that is a question for someone with an evora GT
Of course it will be better, but also marginal as it is only a short time interval where the additional horsepower will be applied. On another thread I was speculating that cutoff must be higher than 6800, otherwise it wouldn‘t be possible to go 161 kph in third gear. But to get substantial improvement in acceleration times you need a tune and raise the torque so it can work throughout the revrange.

I hope with a KomoTec 435 tune 100-200 kph times will drop to low 10s times. For me this would be and feel fast enough. This was M2 territory and fast enough for me personally.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I am not one to harp of acceleration here, but this 100-200 kmh time is hard to justify to me. It looks about as quick in that range as my old STi...
I agree. I'm getting a Chiron or being more cost conscious, a 992 Turbo S. Jeez - it's really unacceptable. I will be late for all my appointments to show off my straight line speed.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
yes...but we dont know what road it was on...how clear...or how far his foot was to the metal as they say...
but this is NOT a quick car...we have established its not a track rat....
Doesn't matter! Folks glance over the facts and still want that Uber fast 700bhp car.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Of course it will be better, but also marginal as it is only a short time interval where the additional horsepower will be applied. On another thread I was speculating that cutoff must be higher than 6800, otherwise it wouldn‘t be possible to go 161 kph in third gear. But to get substantial improvement in acceleration times you need a tune and raise the torque so it can work throughout the revrange.

I hope with a KomoTec 435 tune 100-200 kph times will drop to low 10s times. For me this would be and feel fast enough. This was M2 territory and fast enough for me personally.
I agree, I think this is the move. Like I said, I am not all about acceleration, but I also dont want to be able to get walked by a slightly modded hatch in a ~$100k car.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree. I'm getting a Chiron or being more cost conscious, a 992 Turbo S. Jeez - it's really unacceptable. I will be late for all my appointments to show off my straight line speed.
If you know anything about my history of postings on this forum (not that I expect or you or anyone else to) you should know that I have always been one defending the acceleration of the car and saying that this isnt the most important aspect, and that if I wanted intense acceleration I would take out a motorcycle. You can get a used S1000RR for $10k thatll hit 60 in 2.3 s and flash tune up to about 200 mph. That isn't why I want an Emira.

But it doesnt change that at some point you have to draw the line where the acceleration does play a role, and at some point it does become not justifiable for the price. I do not want to spend $100k on a car that doesn't give me significantly more thrill than a $40k car. A 718 GTS does it in 9.7s... that is not an insgnificant difference, and Im not saying the 718 GTS is perfect or even my preference, but I think it is supposed to be comparable. If not, and being comparable to my STi or a GTI from 100-200 kph also isnt where we draw the line, where is it? Is comparable to an Accord acceptable? When do we stop saying "that isn't what the car is for" when it comes up slightly short in every benchmark? Real question, because so far I have been one of those people! Something I am wrestling with, and I cant help but think I shouldn't have to wrestle or want to consider tunes before I even get the car to get it to the expected benchmarks for this price range.

Emiro

Reaction score
100% agree. For instance pisses me off when saying things like "blah blah blah understeers on throttle mid corner".... while driving it in public roads with other cars, not remotely close to the limit. Wannabe YouTubers. So annoying. They just repeat what they hear from other YouTubers like in an echo chamber.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
100% agree. For instance pisses me off when saying things like "blah blah blah understeers on throttle mid corner".... while driving it in public roads with other cars, not remotely close to the limit. Wannabe YouTubers. So annoying. They just repeat what they hear from other YouTubers like in an echo chamber.
Thought that comment was weird too, didn't seem to be pushing nearly hard enough or in corners tight enough to be getting understeer

Reactions: ADC

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
He likely meant the front felt light and perhaps not as planted as one would like.
I felt this a bit on the touring suspension and I was pushing it. Can't day it felt like it was anything like worrying understeer though.

Reactions: ADC

jubbalandcars

Reaction score
Thanks for watching my video!

You heard me right - in my drive I noticed understeer. Taking a constant radius corner at moderate speed and mashing the throttle mid-corner elicited mild understeer. I have driven 718 Caymans prior to and after that test drive, and understeer is not as easily elicited in the Porsches. Looking forward to driving the Emira on a more fitting canyon road and having both it and the Cayman to drive back to back for a better comparison.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for watching my video!

You heard me right - in my drive I noticed understeer. Taking a constant radius corner at moderate speed and mashing the throttle mid-corner elicited mild understeer. I have driven 718 Caymans prior to and after that test drive, and understeer is not as easily elicited in the Porsches. Looking forward to driving the Emira on a more fitting canyon road and having both it and the Cayman to drive back to back for a better comparison.
Isn't that what it's supposed to do in the middle of a corner when you hit the gas? Unless you apply enough throttle to break the back loose, mild understeer leading out of a corner is where you want the car to go. The Porsche is a rear-engine layout so the back has a tendency to want to come around easier than a mid-engine layout which is why it wouldn't elicit understeer as easily.

By default, the factory is going to dial in a bit of understeer just for safety since not all customers are track experienced. You can change the settings yourself if you want to dial in more oversteer.

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Isn't that what it's supposed to do in the middle of a corner when you hit the gas? Unless you apply enough throttle to break the back loose, mild understeer leading out of a corner is where you want the car to go. The Porsche is a rear-engine layout so the back has a tendency to want to come around easier than a mid-engine layout which is why it wouldn't elicit understeer as easily.

By default, the factory is going to dial in a bit of understeer just for safety since not all customers are track experienced. You can change the settings yourself if you want to dial in more oversteer.
I can't speak to the handling characteristics of the Cayman nor the Emira, as I've not driven either, but I wanted to call out that jubbalandcars was comparing it to various Caymans, which is a mid engined car (not rear like a 911). Good video jubbalandcars, thanks for posting.

vantage

Reaction score

A 718 is also mid-engined, so your explanation isn't quite right. :) Typically Lotus mid-engined cars can have more rear bias than Porsche mid-engined cars.

Nevertheless, my Elise did that as well. Applying throttle mid-corner makes the front end light, which is what causes the understeer. This is the same behavior 911s (which are rear-engined) exhibited historically.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Is this because the Emira is more rear weight biased? I have seen 35/65 as the weight split, which is quite a substantial bias to the rear.

Blue Dude

Reaction score
I thought the Emira looked a bit like a Ferrari, fun to see it next to a 458.

Can't understand a word the reviewer said, but sounded like he enjoyed driving the Emira.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts