Video reviews by customers who are not forum members

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This came up in my Youtube feed, I am glad I haven't gone for ice grey leather as I was considering this originally(see around timestamp 9:00 on the video, the reviewer mistakenly refers to the interior as silver).
Quite a lot of inaccuracies regarding Sport vs Touring Chassis. Mistakenly mentions adaptive suspension and the ability to run Sports Chassis in “Comfort” to dial it back. Also says Touring Chassis is perfect in the twisties but wallows in the straights. Confirms to me that Touring is the UK road choice.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
This came up in my Youtube feed, I am glad I haven't gone for ice grey leather as I was considering this originally(see around timestamp 9:00 on the video, the reviewer mistakenly refers to the interior as silver).
Lotus and Caterham together........hmm

This is like ..mustn't say anything sexual...must not say anything sexual...

nothing to say....

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
having watched that, I don't even believe he drove it and is hopelessly misinformed

OP
J

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
having watched that, I don't even believe he drove it and is hopelessly misinformed
Yes, you would expect someone with a deposit down as he claims would know more about the options. My main reason for posting it was really the condition of the driver's seat in such a short time. I am so glad now that I went for red leather rather than the ice grey which was an early original choice in the configuration phase.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, you would expect someone with a deposit down as he claims would know more about the options. My main reason for posting it was really the condition of the driver's seat in such a short time. I am so glad now that I went for red leather rather than the ice grey which was an early original choice in the configuration phase.
Although as a test drive car it's had a lot of bums on that seat. My car's driver's seat will only ever grace one behind, that of my own.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
We also have no idea of the personal hygiene of the people who sat in it, or how clean their clothes were. Any leather interior requires some attention to cleaning and maintenance, especially if it's a light color. My Alfa Romeo Giulia has the light Crema interior, and after 5 years it still looks as good as when I bought it. The ice interior should hold up fine if you take care of it.

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The wear of the seat bolster, I am sure, is not impacted by its colour, and all bolsters as far as I am aware are leather even if the Alcantara option is selected.....its the visual element that will make the wear more obvious, if my car looks like that after 6 months they can have it back and replace it!

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
We also have no idea of the personal hygiene of the people who sat in it, or how clean their clothes were. Any leather interior requires some attention to cleaning and maintenance, especially if it's a light color. My Alfa Romeo Giulia has the light Crema interior, and after 5 years it still looks as good as when I bought it. The ice interior should hold up fine if you take care of it.
I have white leather in my Lincoln and I wear jeans most of the time. So yes the blue transfers to the seat but like with the rest of the car I just give it a wipe and it stays perfect. If you let it go I would imagine that blue would be more difficult to remove.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Not me, but a test drive non the less posted on YouTube:

Like others, he seemed pretty underwhelmed by the power. Also found this comment interesting...

Screenshot_20221113-111937_YouTube.jpg

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Like others, he seemed pretty underwhelmed by the power. Also found this comment interesting...

View attachment 10790
The Supra is absolutely putting down at least 40whp and considerably more torque down than the Emira while only weighing 150 lbs more and for $40,000 USD less. The Supra is a bargain and the Lotus is far more rare with better looks and driver feel.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Supra also feels faster due to the way it delivers its power. I know the B58 and the initial punch is quite heavy, however there’s not that much more to come after that. A more linear power delivery will feel slower, even if it isn’t.

vantage

Reaction score

I stopped watching when he said the gear shifter was the best he's ever experienced, full stop. :D

Anyway, I've had blue jean dye transfer on every light color interior I've ever had, but it has always wiped off with leather cleaner, so it is what it is.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We also have no idea of the personal hygiene of the people who sat in it, or how clean their clothes were.
I'm glad I chose a darker leather color then, because I only wash my pants about once every 6 or 8 weeks. I can usually tell they need it by the crust that develops.

🤢

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm glad I chose a darker leather color then, because I only wash my pants about once every 6 or 8 weeks. I can usually tell they need it by the crust that develops.

🤢
Wash that crust on a gentle cycle, it’s protecting your pants! Also, a soft crust is easier on the leather too.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Supra also feels faster due to the way it delivers its power. I know the B58 and the initial punch is quite heavy, however there’s not that much more to come after that. A more linear power delivery will feel slower, even if it isn’t.
Agree. Supra's torque hits you hard and the engine/trans combo is always on its toes. It's fun and makes you feel like you are going faster than you actually are. Evora GT feels slower, but when I look at the speedo, I am going faster than expected. Both are fun in their own way.