Vagueness as usual

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thank you for your paitence while I looked into your query.
We are still finalising timing and roll out of the Radar and Camera based features such as blind spot monitoring and we will confirm timing and availability in the comings weeks.

Apologies I am unable to give any further details at this time.

If there is anything further I can do to help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for your paitence while I looked into your query.
We are still finalising timing and roll out of the Radar and Camera based features such as blind spot monitoring and we will confirm timing and availability in the comings weeks.

Apologies I am unable to give any further details at this time.

If there is anything further I can do to help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Have you noticed how this phrase is trending: In the coming weeks.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I really think there was a perfect storm for the Emira. Demand was way higher than expected and the supply chain mess. I think those two factors have been the root of all this. Too much demand too quick is just as bad as too little demand for a business.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
They are doing the best they can...... like everyone else these days....

give them some slack.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They are doing the best they can...... like everyone else these days....

give them some slack.
We get that many firms are facing issues at present; what is inexcusable is the lack of comms. It would only take a little honesty at this stage, and I’m sure we’d all be back on board.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
We get that many firms are facing issues at present; what is inexcusable is the lack of comms. It would only take a little honesty at this stage, and I’m sure we’d all be back on board.

I agree with you but sometimes it's better to stay quiet and appear stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Meaning if they gave updates that were always wrong or having to be changed that could lead to other problems. Now they are just mum and driving everyone crazy. IMO I believe this to be true. I just really think they are hunkering down and waiting for the first deliveries (which they don't know when it will be!) and the first reviews and hoping everyone will forget about the lack of comms.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree with you but sometimes it's better to stay quiet and appear stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Meaning if they gave updates that were always wrong or having to be changed that could lead to other problems. Now they are just mum and driving everyone crazy. IMO I believe this to be true. I just really think they are hunkering down and waiting for the first deliveries (which they don't know when it will be!) and the first reviews and hoping everyone will forget about the lack of comms.
The problem is that now the lack of comms just seems unprofessional. Surely that can't be the brand image that Matt Windle is aiming for.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Don’t get me wrong, I really am rooting for Matt & everyone at Hethel. I would love this to be a success for them (if only to give Porsche something to think about),

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I really am rooting for Matt & everyone at Hethel. I would love this to be a success for them (if only to give Porsche something to think about),

Oh, I didn't take your comment as negative. I agreed with it. The problem with me is that I have never ordered a car or even been to a Porsche dealership. I bought my most recent sports car right when the pandemic hit in April of 2020 when the economy literally shut down. I got great customer service because nothing was moving at that time! So I am just listening to others' opinions and it's fairly consistent about the buyer experience they have received in the past from other brands that they would like Lotus to mimic. It makes sense.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have said in other threads that I soon realised when I met a senior Lotus Executive at the Manchester Airport roadshow that the customer experience of buying this car was going to be truly dreadful. I decided that I wanted the car and that I had no choice but to accept this.

I suppose it doesn’t really matter in my case as I have decided to simply put up with the amateur approach from Lotus, but I don’t think they are doing themselves any favours. Clearly Lotus have no interest in improving things and we have to accept this. At least with the old mushrooms in the dark analogy the mushrooms were fed something, we don’t even get that!

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve bought 80+ cars to date, a fair portion new. Lotus have been by far the worst customer experience i have encountered for new cars :( Just recently bought the missus a new Fiat 500.. Puts lotus to shame

Srill love the cars though, but prefer Lotus dealer experience for 2nd hand cars.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve bought 80+ cars to date, a fair portion new. Lotus have been by far the worst customer experience i have encountered for new cars :( Just recently bought the missus a new Fiat 500.. Puts lotus to shame

Srill love the cars though, but prefer Lotus dealer experience for 2nd hand cars.
they might have paid you to take that car though :/

Still, yes, most places are infinitely better of an experience than Lotus. It bodes well when a $25k engine blows and one needs them to replace it! exciting times ahead!

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lol re fiat. Here in the UK the market is crazy at the moment for used cars. Managed to sell the missus’s Mini JCW to trade after 3 years use, 20k miles put on it, 3 panels needed painting and no service for last 2 years for same price we bought it from dealers those 3 years ago. Madness.

Missus managed to get brand new Fiat for £12k, (£4k discount) , so pocketed £7k on the overall deal. Works for us

Re the Lotus, the V6 engines are near bullet proof, but always good to have warranty.