• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

V6 Autobox News

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My Emira which is an auto, is a march build April delivery and I check out the insurance sites most days but no type approval yet as pic NO AUTO in the drop down selection box. I got a few months, Please Lotus pull your finger out ☹️
When did you put down your initial deposit out of interest?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just posted also on the I´m in thread.

I got confirmation from my dealer in Spain that my Auto will be built in February.

So everything seems to be moving regarding Autos

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You would have thought the press would have had it by now, but at least things are moving.

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When did you put down your initial deposit out of interest?
I put my first deposit down in October 2021 I waited until I saw the car in the dealers first and thought this is the car for me it’s a retirement present to myself, probably my last car so it had to be the Goldilocks car( I was looking at a few different cars at the time). So originally I was a dec build 2022, But I was contacted by cs who asked would I be interested in another car (someone dropped out) with slightly different specs different wheels and colour of calipers and that was going to give me an august delivery and move me 4/5 months up the queue and I said YES PLEASE so I thought I would catch the end of summer 2022, But because of the delays and mines an automatic I have been pushed out to a March build April delivery so far. I asked cs when the deposit was made on this car and was told July 2021. Somebody probably was offered my original configurated car. Once the spec is locked in it’s locked in, with each delay I tried to tweak the spec back to my original configuration but to no avail, I could have changed it but then I’d join the end of the queue again and god knows when that would be. So god willing and with a good wind I will have the car with a 23 plate and spring and summer to enjoy 😊

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I put my first deposit down in October 2021 I waited until I saw the car in the dealers first and thought this is the car for me it’s a retirement present to myself, probably my last car so it had to be the Goldilocks car( I was looking at a few different cars at the time). So originally I was a dec build 2022, But I was contacted by cs who asked would I be interested in another car (someone dropped out) with slightly different specs different wheels and colour of calipers and that was going to give me an august delivery and move me 4/5 months up the queue and I said YES PLEASE so I thought I would catch the end of summer 2022, But because of the delays and mines an automatic I have been pushed out to a March build April delivery so far. I asked cs when the deposit was made on this car and was told July 2021. Somebody probably was offered my original configurated car. Once the spec is locked in it’s locked in, with each delay I tried to tweak the spec back to my original configuration but to no avail, I could have changed it but then I’d join the end of the queue again and god knows when that would be. So god willing and with a good wind I will have the car with a 23 plate and spring and summer to enjoy 😊
Good for you. I’m a July 21 deposit,
Nimbus black pack yellow callipers and changed interior. I was due July 23 but decided to wait to Q1 24 and be finance free and buy my wife’s PCP out.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am still waiting for an answer to my e.mail that I sent on 12/1/23. I appreciate that they don't like being asked about Type Approval from previous experience and it seems that they feel ignoring me is the best policy. I hope that if we find that we have issues with our cars when we receive them and have to contact Customer Care, that this policy is not adopted in these circumstances also.
Still no reply re Type Approval now 11 days later and a chase message. I don't understand why they can't answer my question. I do wonder if they really have Type Approval for the auto, there is no direct evidence, the lack of UK insurance quotes is the biggest clue.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have just received this in reply to my question about UK V6 Auto Type Approval not being granted as yet with the evidence being that UK auto insurance quotes are not yet available.

Reply from Lotus:
"Unfortunately at this stage the Type approval is not something I can confirm. If you wish to get a rough guide for insurance quotes please use the closest model choice of 'Lotus Emira First Edition Manual' in the meantime until the auto becomes available for quotes."
ENDS

So, it looks very much like UK Type Approval for the V6 Auto is not yet granted. I wonder why other forum members have been told differently in on line chats?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I have just received this in reply to my question about UK V6 Auto Type Approval not being granted as yet with the evidence being that UK auto insurance quotes are not yet available.

Reply from Lotus:
"Unfortunately at this stage the Type approval is not something I can confirm. If you wish to get a rough guide for insurance quotes please use the closest model choice of 'Lotus Emira First Edition Manual' in the meantime until the auto becomes available for quotes."
ENDS

So, it looks very much like UK Type Approval for the V6 Auto is not yet granted. I wonder why other forum members have been told differently in on line chats?
I also wonder why some EU customers have been told their cars will be produced next month.... Maybe the car has EU approval already...as it did for the manual... or maybe Lotus are just running people around in circles and not giving out actual information, but instead mrs information. ;)

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also wonder why some EU customers have been told their cars will be produced next month.... Maybe the car has EU approval already...as it did for the manual... or maybe Lotus are just running people around in circles and not giving out actual information, but instead mrs information. ;)
I wonder the same, but then there is also production of Auto scheduled for UK in February, isn't it?

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder the same, but then there is also production of Auto scheduled for UK in February, isn't it?
It really depends what is holding it up. If Lotus know it will be signed off in time perhaps they are not concerned. It is a nuisance for the early customers as we cant shop around for insurance quotes yet. I know this isn't a big deal really, but I would like to confirm that I have budgeted correctly. It is probably more frustrating than anything else for me.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It really depends what is holding it up. If Lotus know it will be signed off in time perhaps they are not concerned. It is a nuisance for the early customers as we cant shop around for insurance quotes yet. I know this isn't a big deal really, but I would like to confirm that I have budgeted correctly. It is probably more frustrating than anything else for me.
i don't know in UK, but here in Spain the quote for insurance, will be very similar for Auto and manual.
In my case, I pay 1,350 EUR per year for the Evora GT 410 Sport Auto box (2019 model), and I just got a quote for Emira at 1,326 EUR per year, doesn't even give an option to specify Manual or Auto, so I suppose is for Manual, so when the Auto comes I expect the same as I am paying now for Evora.
Hope this helps, I fully understand your frustration

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone done the factory tour recently? There have been a few more collection’s from the factory with the tour, have any RHD autos been seen on the production line?

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When Ade lined up all the Emira colours in his YouTube video I noticed a V6 auto there, also at the Eletre launch a few of the Lotus guys said they had driven it and were impressed, so they are about.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When Ade lined up all the Emira colours in his YouTube video I noticed a V6 auto there, also at the Eletre launch a few of the Lotus guys said they had driven it and were impressed, so they are about.
from what I recall, at least from members here, the first Auto builds will be February, hopefully
That’s what we have been told. Unless there are delays

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Dear all I have just had the Email confirming March Build.

Since the last email in November that's a 1 month slip from Feb to March

I wont get excited yet...

Reaction score
Dear all I have just had the Email confirming March Build.

Since the last email in November that's a 1 month slip from Feb to March

I wont get excited yet...
Just got same email with March build, but this was same as my November date.