• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

V6 auto emira on track

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Am I to understand from this video that the Emira overheats and pulls power at the track? Meaning it has inadequate cooling?
I would be very surprised as it’s chargecooled

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would be very surprised as it’s chargecooled
Hopefully they meant to turn the car off because chargecooling at stationary isn’t great.

Not saying it has cooling issues but if during track sessions the car reduces power due to lack of cooling, this definitely isn’t the car for me — dealbreaker. Thankfully I don’t think I’ve heard of this issue before for Evoras either.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why did the cut the bit out the video is see exactly why the yellow car went off track, the clip was cut and put back together- if you know what I mean

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hopefully they meant to turn the car off because chargecooling at stationary isn’t great.

Not saying it has cooling issues but if during track sessions the car reduces power due to lack of cooling, this definitely isn’t the car for me — dealbreaker. Thankfully I don’t think I’ve heard of this issue before for Evoras either.
Never had any issues when tracking my Evora.

You can potentially get heat soak issues if you’ve already got very high ambient temperatures, which is one reason why the GCC-spec Evoras have extra oil cooling.

OP
Citizen

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

You can potentially get heat soak issues if you’ve already got very high ambient temperatures, which is one reason why the GCC-spec Evoras have extra oil cooling.
It is confirmed about this gcc specs extra on the emira ?

OP
Citizen

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here in dubai cars come with firextintor and when you pass 120km/h there’s a bip sound advising

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Yeah many track days here in summer are 35-40C ambient.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why did the cut the bit out the video is see exactly why the yellow car went off track, the clip was cut and put back together- if you know what I mean

The video cuts to exactly where the yellow car loses control. Based on the conversation in the pitlane, the yellow car oversteered and the driver didn't counter steer to regain control.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It is confirmed about this gcc specs extra on the emira ?
I’ve not heard a definitive answer. Because the Emira is a “world car” I believe they’ve designed the cooling systems for all regions, rather than having regional variations.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They are now starting to offer Emira track experience events in China. I was recently contacted and am due to attend in 2 weeks. The events are with V6 AT Emiras AFAIK.

That yellow Emira in the video could be the car on show recently that I took some pictures of (it was an Auto).

Attachments

• D5DBCC3E-C738-4648-88A5-D3DA22C6105D.jpeg
    D5DBCC3E-C738-4648-88A5-D3DA22C6105D.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 46

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They are now starting to offer Emira track experience events in China. I was recently contacted and am due to attend in 2 weeks. The events are with V6 AT Emiras AFAIK.

That yellow Emira in the video could be the car on show recently that I took some pictures of (it was an Auto).
That’s interesting, considering there will not be any V6 autos for use on Lotus driving Academy sessions, only I4’s in late 2023

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s interesting, considering there will not be any V6 autos for use on Lotus driving Academy sessions, only I4’s in late 2023
Yes it is a bit odd that the test drives are with the V6 AT (so I believe). You can’t order/buy the V6 AT in China. No matter, still very happy to get a chance to get behind the wheel of any Emira.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes it is a bit odd that the test drives are with the V6 AT (so I believe). You can’t order/buy the V6 AT in China. No matter, still very happy to get a chance to get behind the wheel of any Emira.
TBH this entire process has been odd. Haha