• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Lotus Emira Customer Delivery Tracker

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you have taken your Emira home and live in the USA or Canada, please take a few minutes to complete this form. I know it's hard to take even a few minutes away from enjoying your new baby now that you finally have it, but those of us still waiting would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

The purpose of this tracker is to shed some light on the delivery process and timelines, which dealers are delivering faster or more Emiras, FE 1.0 vs 2.0 deliveries, etc. Click here to see the data and a couple graphs.

May the Fourth be with us all!

Last edited:

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Awesome idea! Don't have mine yet but will fill when I do, could you clarify the reservation date - would that be deposit or date of locking in the spec? Perhaps have both questions?

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Awesome idea! Don't have mine yet but will fill when I do, could you clarify the reservation date - would that be deposit or date of locking in the spec? Perhaps have both questions?
Thanks, already have a few responses, so I added a couple pie charts with a link to the data above.

I changed that question to read "Initial Deposit Date." Thanks for the suggestion on the other date...I'd like to gather some data and feedback before making any changes.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, already have a few responses, so I added a couple pie charts with a link to the data above.

I changed that question to read "Initial Deposit Date." Thanks for the suggestion on the other date...I'd like to gather some data and feedback before making any changes.

My initial deposit date is going to look weird as I got an orphaned Emira from my dealer's first 20 cars while my original deposit have now been pushed back to an End of production I4.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My initial deposit date is going to look weird as I got an orphaned Emira from my dealer's first 20 cars while my original deposit have now been pushed back to an End of production I4.
That's Ok, that's part of the story. Another scenario like this was late deposits at new Lotus dealerships like Lotus Cape Fear.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You may want to limit the amount of info on that spreadsheet to perhaps just the dealer. My first thought when I saw this was it's a car thief's shopping list dream. Not that I'm a car thief, but I like to be security minded.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You may want to limit the amount of info on that spreadsheet to perhaps just the dealer. My first thought when I saw this was it's a car thief's shopping list dream. Not that I'm a car thief, but I like to be security minded.
Foiled! I hope I can get my deposit back on that container ship to Dubai.

In all seriousness, I'm very security minded myself, so I appreciate the thinking. I reviewed the sheet again and I think it's Ok since there are no addresses. This is information that has been gathered before and of course folks can choose not to participate or put only the State in the location field. Hope that gives you some peace of mind.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you have taken your Emira home and live in the USA or Canada, please take a few minutes to complete this form. I know it's hard to take even a few minutes away from enjoying your new baby now that you finally have it, but those of us still waiting would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

The purpose of this tracker is to shed some light on the delivery process and timelines, which dealers are delivering faster or more Emiras, FE 1.0 vs 2.0 deliveries, etc. Click here to see the data and a couple graphs.

May the Fourth be with us all!
This is interesting data, but speaking as a guy who has done a bit of statistical analysis, I can caution you that your sample size needs to be significantly higher to draw any useful conclusions. Also, your sample population is highly skewed toward forum/fb users and not the general Emira-buying population. Many don't have any interest in the forums.

This forum is notorious for getting wrapped around the axle for concerns based on tiny bits of anecdotal evidence.

Good luck with deriving whatever it is you are trying to discover.

B r I a n

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was the first delivery of Lotus of DC on 19 April 2024, Troy (Troy from Facebook) listed a 13 April 2024 date? 2nd delivery from Lotus of DC was 22 April 2024. Lotus of DC received their first 3 Emiras on 16 April.

Concern with this request/form is anyone on the internet can post anything, does not mean it is correct.

Last edited:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is interesting data, but speaking as a guy who has done a bit of statistical analysis, I can caution you that your sample size needs to be significantly higher to draw any useful conclusions. Also, your sample population is highly skewed toward forum/fb users and not the general Emira-buying population. Many don't have any interest in the forums.

This forum is notorious for getting wrapped around the axle for concerns based on tiny bits of anecdotal evidence.

Good luck with deriving whatever it is you are trying to discover.
It's better than no data.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for completing the form. I've subsequently added a few more fields which are currently blank for your entries. If you provide me with the following, I will update your records for completeness:
  1. Exterior Color
  2. Suspension (Tour or Sport)
  3. First impressions of your Emira in one sentence or less
@scc.131.fe @Nova @3A3968 @DannyTheDonk @Balboa @scarzie @Wiz33 @Porter @fcajr @UBoT @TCB @73JPS @EspritGuy

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was the first delivery of Lotus of DC on 19 April 2024, Troy (Troy from Facebook) listed a 13 April 2024 date? 2nd delivery from Lotus of DC was 22 April 2024. Lotus of DC received their first 3 Emiras on 16 April.

Concern with this request/form is anyone on the internet can post anything, does not mean it is correct.
There have been trackers like this before and generally I think people find the information interesting and helpful. I certainly do already.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello and thanks for completing the form. I've subsequently added a few more fields which are currently blank for your entries. If you provide me with the following, I will update your records for completeness:
  1. Exterior Color
Nimbus
Sport
Perfect end-of-an-era daily sportscar.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Depends on what it will be used for.
It’ll be used to make assumptions about what is happening which could just add to the confusion because it may be a very small subset of what is actually happening. OP why don’t you escalate your concerns directly with Gator? And I don’t mean call them once every 3 weeks. I was in the same boat as you and you and I see 2 options - reach out to Gator and escalate or sit back and wait patiently.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
  1. Exterior Color
@scc.131.fe @Nova @3A3968 @DannyTheDonk @Balboa @scarzie @Wiz33 @Porter @fcajr @UBoT @TCB @73JPS @EspritGuy
Magma Red
Touring
Can't really comment since it's been 15 years since I last drove a stick, still getting back in sync.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There have been trackers like this before and generally I think people find the information interesting and helpful. I certainly do already.
I’ve looked at your data set. I’m very curious what you are seeing from this incredibly limited input to say it’s helpful.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’ll be used to make assumptions about what is happening which could just add to the confusion because it may be a very small subset of what is actually happening. OP why don’t you escalate your concerns directly with Gator? And I don’t mean call them once every 3 weeks. I was in the same boat as you and you and I see 2 options - reach out to Gator and escalate or sit back and wait patiently.
Frankly, I don't understand the criticisms of just trying to do something constructive. Will it solve world hunger? No, but it is obvious from the responses that many of us would like to see what emerges from this exercise.

We're at 30 entries and counting. Sample sets are used all the time to draw conclusions...it is never necessary and rarely possible to have anything approaching 100% data participation. That is a red herring.

Please don't make assumptions about what I may have done or not done with respect to Gator. I wasn't complaining about Gator in this thread nor have I for a week or more. Others keep reintroducing them back into the conversation.

For folks with nothing positive to contribute to this thread, please just ignore it and allow the interested parties to see how it unfolds.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
  1. Exterior Color
Nimbus Grey, Touring: giving stunning looks and exhilarating engagement.
Roads have never been so enjoyable.