• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

fcajr

Reaction score
i picked up my car on Monday and noticed a lot of white corrosion on the supercharger housing. Several others just delivered were the same. Does anybody have any suggestions for cleaning/treating that?
Also wondering if anyone has explored some sort of more protective floor mats. I'm sure the factory matts will get trashed quickly.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah... I'm an example of that for sure. My dealer got about 30 cars, mostly VINs ranging from 1500-2200 before mine got there (0473).
Yours came on a later boat though, like mine did.

The original 0400 to 0900 series arrived in the US in December.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My dealer (Eurocar in So Cal) just informed me this morning that as of yesterday my car is on the water and gave me my VIN. And yep, I know to take that with a grain of salt from many members' experiences, but it's the first news I've had in awhile so I'll take it and celebrate, even if just for a few seconds! I'm definitely in the tail end of VINs (2754), and am really hating to see a lot of earlier depositors still not getting their cars. My deposit was Sept 2022, so I'm not exactly a newbie but definitely not a "senior" member of this club. But still hoping to see mine early in the summer rather than later. Boat spotters, @Nova and others, any info on ships that left the UK on 5/7 that my VIN may be on?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My dealer (Eurocar in So Cal) just informed me this morning that as of yesterday my car is on the water and gave me my VIN. And yep, I know to take that with a grain of salt from many members' experiences, but it's the first news I've had in awhile so I'll take it and celebrate, even if just for a few seconds! I'm definitely in the tail end of VINs (2754), and am really hating to see a lot of earlier depositors still not getting their cars. My deposit was Sept 2022, so I'm not exactly a newbie but definitely not a "senior" member of this club. But still hoping to see mine early in the summer rather than later. Boat spotters, @Nova and others, any info on ships that left the UK on 5/7 that my VIN may be on?
Unfortunately, we won't know until the boats arrive in the US...

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i picked up my car on Monday and noticed a lot of white corrosion on the supercharger housing. Several others just delivered were the same. Does anybody have any suggestions for cleaning/treating that?
Also wondering if anyone has explored some sort of more protective floor mats. I'm sure the factory matts will get trashed quickly.
Picked mine up yesterday and looks the same as well... I think that's just how cast aluminum looks, when unpolished and unsealed.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked mine up yesterday and looks the same as well... I think that's just how cast aluminum looks, when unpolished and unsealed.
You can use a product like Lear ACF-50 to neutralize and treat the surface. It's a mil-spec fluid used to prevent aluminum oxidation on exposed structures in aircraft. You just need a small amount and it will protect for about 6 months at a time, maybe longer.

ACF-50%20family%20productsHR.png

fcajr

Reaction score
You can use a product like Lear ACF-50 to neutralize and treat the surface. It's a mil-spec fluid used to prevent aluminum oxidation on exposed structures in aircraft. You just need a small amount and it will protect for about 6 months at a time, maybe longer.

ACF-50%20family%20productsHR.png
Thank you!!

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My car is on the same boat- headed to Galpin.

pc368

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I put down my deposit in Aug. 2023 and my VIN is 24XX and it arrived on the 3/26 boat (still waiting for dealership arrival). I think it's just the nature of a low-volume car manufacturer. At least now, with Geely's money, they can afford to pre-build the cars ahead of time while waiting to sort out CARB certification and seat sensor issues. It could be worse, they can be waiting to build US-market cars until all the regulatory issues are resolved.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I put down my deposit in Aug. 2023 and my VIN is 24XX and it arrived on the 3/26 boat (still waiting for dealership arrival). I think it's just the nature of a low-volume car manufacturer. At least now, with Geely's money, they can afford to pre-build the cars ahead of time while waiting to sort out CARB certification and seat sensor issues. It could be worse, they can be waiting to build US-market cars until all the regulatory issues are resolved.
My VIN is xxxx. So it seems that 4-8 weeks, likely closer to 6 weeks is a reasonable time for delivery and prep?

Last edited by a moderator:

pc368

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My VIN is xxxx. So it seems that 4-8 weeks, likely closer to 6 weeks is a reasonable time for delivery and prep?
I will report back when my car arrived at Galpin. Like I said in an earlier post, they received a car that arrived on the same boat (with a later VIN) 10 days ago.

I think the delivery timing will be more predictable as they finished shipping pre-built cars and work through the logistical nightmare caused by the Baltimore port bridge collapse. The largest shipment of Emria (200+) arrived at US (shipped out after CARB certification) just after the bridge collapse, requiring diverting to ship to NJ. The cars are then trucked to Baltimore for processing (both paperwork and physical preparation) before delivery to dealers. I am in the import business, and just thinking about the extra steps involved gives me a migraine.

P.s. There were thousands of VW group vehicles (Audi, Porsche and VW) stuck at US ports earlier this year because they contain one single chip made by slave labor in a VW factory in China (according to news report) and had to be swapped out before any of the cars can be rleased for delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Finally!!! Pick it up after ppf, resister pack, software update and whatever else.

IMG_1261.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1262.jpeg
    IMG_1262.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1260.jpeg
    IMG_1260.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 68

Clam

Reaction score
...nearly 3 years later, the day finally came. Special thanks to Ray and company at Lotus of North Jersey for making the experience incredible. 6 hours into ownership, and my fingers are crossed 🤞 that no serious issues arise, but so far this car is incredible. The feel and the sound... combined with the comfort... I can finally say it was worth the wait. I'm looking forward to my morning comute.
View attachment 43051
Congrats! She's a beauty. Looks like Lotus of North Jersey is getting the cars into customers' hands. Mine just arrived on 5/6 and I'll be taking delivery next week. The drive back to Maryland is going to (fingers crossed) be epic.

3A3968M

Reaction score
Congrats! She's a beauty. Looks like Lotus of North Jersey is getting the cars into customers' hands. Mine just arrived on 5/6 and I'll be taking delivery next week. The drive back to Maryland is going to (fingers crossed) be epic.
I just dropped of my car at the Lotus of NJ service to get the resistor pack replaced and address a check engine light (the charcoal canister is bad). They have quite a few cars in the show room, and upstairs at the Smythe Volvo next door.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just dropped of my car at the Lotus of NJ service to get the resistor pack replaced and address a check engine light (the charcoal canister is bad). They have quite a few cars in the show room, and upstairs at the Smythe Volvo next door.
Were you having AC issues where they needed to address the resistor pack or was it replaced as a precaution?