• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello dealer in canada is charging freight charges of $3400 in the msrp charges plus another $5000 of freight & pdi as dealer options and charges for a total of $8400 plus taxes... Is this normal?
Does everybody else have 2 separate freight charges on their invoice/sticker??
The $3400 is just the normal destination fee in Canada $.

There should be no PDI fee as dealers are reimbursed by Lotus for that service.

The other freight? Are you picking the car up at the dealer or are they shipping to you?

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But even after it arrives - my understanding is some people are still waiting weeks from that period because the dealers are so backlogged.
Seems they are catching up on some but too early to tell, for example my dealers 2nd order was missing and finally showed up at port last week. My Emira has been produced for 2 months and hasn’t been shipped yet as far as we know. I asked my dealer about this though and they said the more the better - but I think it’s dealer dependent and how much space the have (Mine has an underground garage).

Livinglegend

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The $3400 is just the normal destination fee in Canada $.

There should be no PDI fee as dealers are reimbursed by Lotus for that service.

The other freight? Are you picking the car up at the dealer or are they shipping to you?
At the dealer like a normal pickup..
They detail it as 3400 for freight in msrp & car options, and then in the dealer options and charges, an extra 5000 for freight and pdi
plus taxes of course
If anyone else has seen their invoice or picked up their emira in canada, please share your total freight charges with us..
I just want to make sure everyone is getting approx the same charges

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Any sense on how fast the overall queue is being cleared? Hard to tell from here because so many individual stories of either delivery/still waiting. Wondering if dealers are now “caught up” or still backlogged for weeks.
all depends on how many cars you dealer have on order. My dealer got 20 cars in late last week and delivered at least 9 by Weds this week. The rest are ready just waiting on their owner's schedule. they are expecting another 50+ cars from the FE 1.0/2.0 lot

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They detail it as 3400 for freight in msrp & car options, and then in the dealer options and charges, an extra 5000 for freight and pdi
plus taxes of course
If anyone else has seen their invoice or picked up their emira in canada, please share your total freight charges with us..
I was charged:
$6995 for "Dealer Prep Fee"
$1295 for "Lotus Documentation Fee"

No other shipping, PDI or markups.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
plus taxes of course
Which dealer are you with?

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Went to see my car at Galpin before pre delivery inspection. We noticed serious damage on the roof, likely scraped against something metal during transport. Sales rep said it will be repainted of course. Otherwise the car looked happy, i was worried the other Emiras would pick on her but they all seemed to get along. Spec is Vivid red over tan.
View attachment 42595

So this confirms that Galpin is getting FE2.0 randomly also. How did you get notified that your car was coming and how long it would be? I randomly check in, but get no proactive comms.

kertong

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FYI it's not metal, the body panels are GFRP. I believe including the roof, though someone will hopefully correct me if I'm off on that.

Ah yes, my mistake - was saying "down to the metal" idiomatically, should have put that in quotes! I've had several Elises in the past (and have patched/sanded/repaired that famous lower chin corner with my own glass/resin myself) so I should have known better, thanks for the reminder :)

I saw in the photos that the gouges look pretty deep. Yes, if it was the clear coat and a little paint, it's probably less of a big deal to touch it up and recoat/polish etc.

But in the photos it looked like the fiberglass composite (the white flaky layer) seemed gouged as well. How do you go about properly fixing something like that (if indeed, the photos are showing a compromised composite layer)?

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So this confirms that Galpin is getting FE2.0 randomly also. How did you get notified that your car was coming and how long it would be? I randomly check in, but get no proactive comms.
My Emira was recently delivered to Galpin. It was a FE 2.0 when I ordered it, now they're saying it's a FE 1.0. Very confused as to why. Also, my sticker MSRP seems higher than other Emiras with the exact spec I saw when I visited yesterday. Would love any info/advice people have about this! More info in this post if interested!

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My Emira was recently delivered to Galpin. It was a FE 2.0 when I ordered it, now they're saying it's a FE 1.0. Very confused as to why. Also, my sticker MSRP seems higher than other Emiras with the exact spec I saw when I visited yesterday. Would love any info/advice people have about this! More info in this post if interested!
Super bizarre. I would push for no ADM at whatever the sticker says. If it is FE 1.0 that they are giving you, then I would stick to my guns. They can make you wait for a FE 2.0. That's up to them, but they also confirmed with me no ADM for FE 2.0.

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Super bizarre. I would push for no ADM at whatever the sticker says. If it is FE 1.0 that they are giving you, then I would stick to my guns. They can make you wait for a FE 2.0. That's up to them, but they also confirmed with me no ADM for FE 2.0.
Same exact thing happened to me! They confirmed no ADM for the 2.0 when I submitted the build sheet. Now that it's delivered they're saying it's a 1.0... but the MSRP matches more the 2.0? A bit all over the place 🙄

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Same exact thing happened to me! They confirmed no ADM for the 2.0 when I submitted the build sheet. Now that it's delivered they're saying it's a 1.0... but the MSRP matches more the 2.0? A bit all over the place 🙄
What dealer is this? Galpin as well?

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Maybe they're just assuming the first to arrive to them are all 1.0s even though it's been proven 1.0s and 2.0s have been coming in at the same time?
But if they submitted the finalized order months ago... They should already know by then if it's a 2.0 or 1.0 . It would say it on the order entry

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
But if they submitted the finalized order months ago... They should already know by then if it's a 2.0 or 1.0 . It would say it on the order entry
Agreed, it should also be obvious from the sticker. It seems like dealer ignorance