• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Dealer just let me know my car is enroute on the water! They also gave me the vin. How were you guys looking up the shop manifests?
First we’ve heard of a ship hitting the water with Emira’s in awhile, rather than only finding out once it’s been unloaded in the US. Any idea when the ship left or is set to arrive so we can try to figure out which ship it is?

Would be good to confirm if it’s Atlantic Sun which left Liverpool on April 30 and is tentatively scheduled to arrive at Halifax on May 7. Fingers crossed, unless your dealer relayed old info and your car was on the ship that already arrived last week haha. But unlikely as that one only had a handful of US bound Emiras.

R35_J

Reaction score
First we’ve heard of a ship hitting the water with Emira’s in awhile, rather than only finding out once it’s been unloaded in the US. Any idea when the ship left or is set to arrive so we can try to figure out which ship it is?

Would be good to confirm if it’s Atlantic Sun which left Liverpool on April 30 and is tentatively scheduled to arrive at Halifax on May 7. Fingers crossed, unless your dealer relayed old info and your car was on the ship that already arrived last week haha. But unlikely as that one only had a handful of US bound Emiras.
I don't have any details of when the ship left unfortunately. Dealer had originally told me car was expected to be built in early April. I reached out yesterday and he told me he spoke to the regional rep recently. Said the car was on the water and gave me the vin. Should expect to pickup the car by the end of the month.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks! Have you checked the VIN list from Nova? My guess is that Atlantic Sun is the one - if it is or has been on the water and on anything else then it would have already arrived and be in that VIN list.

*Atlantic Sea - I missed that one, reached New York yesterday…could be that too, will see if we happen to get any info from that one shared tomorrow (another Friday).

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OMG it's here. I'm almost in shock. Despite years of looking at every picture, video, and studying it in my 3D program, they just don't do it justice. Unfortunately it's heavy overcast right now and threatening rain, so it's in the garage, but as soon as the sun comes out I'm taking it out!

This is the guy who delivered it. He'd just backed it out off the truck.

IMG_3298.jpeg

R35_J

Reaction score
Thanks! Have you checked the VIN list from Nova? My guess is that Atlantic Sun is the one - if it is or has been on the water and on anything else then it would have already arrived and be in that VIN list.

*Atlantic Sea - I missed that one, reached New York yesterday…could be that too, will see if we happen to get any info from that one shared tomorrow (another Friday).
Yeah, I didn't see it on that list. I'm just happy it's almost here!

kertong

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice to see folks finally getting their Emiras!

I got mine last Friday, but when I posted it here it was waiting for moderator approval as I'm a new member, and by the time it was cleared it was several pages back. So here's another pic of mine when I took delivery :)

and a quick iphone video of some gentle driving to hear the exhaust/blower:
L1001705.jpg

L1001704.jpg

L1001711.jpg

sirringo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OMG it's here. I'm almost in shock. Despite years of looking at every picture, video, and studying it in my 3D program, they just don't do it justice. Unfortunately it's heavy overcast right now and threatening rain, so it's in the garage, but as soon as the sun comes out I'm taking it out!

This is the guy who delivered it. He'd just backed it out off the truck.

View attachment 42529
Congrats!! Even the delivery driver looks happy behind the wheel :)

Similar spec to mine, although I must be the only one who didn't do yellow calipers on DV.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To my brother in the hethel yellow rolling through Middletown CT this afternoon, looking good! Was behind you in my i4 waiting to get on 9, wish I was in my DV that came last week would have changed my route to roll with you for a bit!

Yabai_Emira

Reaction score
Got the email today that my car that landed in Newark 3/29 finally got to the dealership. Can't believe this almost three year journey is about to end!
When did your car complete production/have a VIN confirmation? Trying to get an idea of time to delivery after that point.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When did your car complete production/have a VIN confirmation? Trying to get an idea of time to delivery after that point.
Unfortunately it’s completely random and Lotus hasn’t been delivering in any particular order relative to production. Another dealer in the US that’s delivered a lot of Emira’s hasn’t got their 1st build yet and my dealer hasn’t got their 2nd yet. Perhaps they will catch up at some point but it appears that they’ve had more cars built while waiting for CARB / coming off the assembly line than they’ve had delivery transports for, and have therefore just selected cars at random or “last in” to go onto the transports.

I got my VIN 6 weeks ago and have no idea if it’s been put on a ship yet, I just know it’s not in the US yet. I’ve heard of people getting their car within 3 weeks of VIN. I’ve also heard people who knew their car was built in December and haven’t received yet. It seems like those deliveries are happening now though - fingers crossed they pick up and deliver what should be prioritized in the next month or two.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So with all the talk about insurance, besides 1 hit I get 2. Add the Lotus and an 18 never licensed driver to your AAA insurance. $5800 at $500 for both for the year, damm, $9500 a year in just car insurance.
@morphious I got a separate policy with a different insurance company just for the one vehicle my teen was allowed to drive. That policy with just me and the kiddo was still $2k for an old car but way cheaper than adding to my regular policy. Down side is she can't drive the other cars but the financial trade off is worth it to me :)

3A3968M

Reaction score
Nice to see folks finally getting their Emiras!

I got mine last Friday, but when I posted it here it was waiting for moderator approval as I'm a new member, and by the time it was cleared it was several pages back. So here's another pic of mine when I took delivery :)

and a quick iphone video of some gentle driving to hear the exhaust/blower:
View attachment 42569
View attachment 42568
View attachment 42570
Congrats!
It’s so tempting to wring it out past 4000 RPM, I don’t know how am I going to survive the first 1000 miles of this….
The PPF supposedly done today.
Picking it up on Saturday!

ManOfSteel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats!
It’s so tempting to wring it out past 4000 RPM, I don’t know how am I going to survive the first 1000 miles of this….
The PPF supposedly done today.
Picking it up on Saturday!
The manual DOES NOT say you cannot exceed 4,000 rpm for the first 1,000 miles. Brief high rpm bursts are "beneficial".

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The manual DOES NOT say you cannot exceed 4,000 rpm for the first 1,000 miles. Brief high rpm bursts are "beneficial".
Yep. just not continuously above 4000 rpm and try not to drive in constant RPM so I'm shift between 5th and 6th on the freeway. And the "No Sport mode" nonsense is to be ignored according to my dealer cause it was never in the UK manual. 😁

IMG_6671.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep. just not continuously above 4000 rpm and try not to drive in constant RPM so I'm shift between 5th and 6th on the freeway. And the "No Sport mode" nonsense is to be ignored according to my dealer cause it was never in the UK manual. 😁

View attachment 42593
these type of instructions are typical for any new manual transmission install. you gotta bed the clutch in.

Nitro

Reaction score
Went to see my car at Galpin before pre delivery inspection. We noticed serious damage on the roof, likely scraped against something metal during transport. Sales rep said it will be repainted of course. Otherwise the car looked happy, i was worried the other Emiras would pick on her but they all seemed to get along. Spec is Vivid red over tan.
IMG_2321.jpeg
IMG_1746.jpeg
IMG_2323.jpeg

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Went to see my car at Galpin before pre delivery inspection. We noticed serious damage on the roof, likely scraped against something metal during transport. Sales rep said it will be repainted of course. Otherwise the car looked happy, i was worried the other Emiras would pick on her but they all seemed to get along. Spec is Vivid red over tan.
View attachment 42595View attachment 42596View attachment 42597
Dang, wouldn’t a repaint devalue the car since it’s no longer considered original paint?