• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

VroomPop

Reaction score
Things you think about when you've heard nothing about your car that landed in March: Is something so wrong they aren't telling me? Do the steering pump/HVAC/brake pad problems come from sitting wherever the car is? Sould I order a case of ACF50? Has anybody at Bellevue Lotus called anybody anywhere and said "Hey. How about loading this guy's car next after all these years?" I'm sure all will be well when the car arrives but still. Meanwhile my kid made me this...

Attachments

• PXL_20240428_151309681.jpg
    PXL_20240428_151309681.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 17

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Things you think about when you've heard nothing about your car that landed in March: Is something so wrong they aren't telling me? Do the steering pump/HVAC/brake pad problems come from sitting wherever the car is? Sould I order a case of ACF50? Has anybody at Bellevue Lotus called anybody anywhere and said "Hey. How about loading this guy's car next after all these years?" I'm sure all will be well when the car arrives but still. Meanwhile my kid made me this...
Nice. You owe a first ride.
Reminds me when I had to console myself with Hot Wheel Emiras.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds like these cars usage will be more towards dailies than track or weekend canyon carvers. My wife has a company car, but the Emira will be her personal daily, so she chose touring as well.

Shmee also remarked that had he known his Emira would become his daily, he wished he would have chosen touring instead of sport.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have my can ready! 😄
1000033754.jpg

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have my can ready! 😄
View attachment 42129

I’ve never seen this product. It says it deactivates corrosion… does it dissolve rust without having to grind or sand it off?

We have some rust on our railing where the powder coat was damaged that I just noticed it a few days ago. Wondering if this spray would do anything for that.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve never seen this product. It says it deactivates corrosion… does it dissolve rust without having to grind or sand it off?

We have some rust on our iron railing where the powder coat was damaged that I just noticed it a few days ago. Wondering if this spray would do anything for that.
Dissolves/neutralizes corrosion on aluminum parts, and protects the aluminum from corrosion for an extended period after. On surfaces that aren't washed directly by water, the protection can last up to a year.

It's available in 55gal drums and commonly used on aircraft to protect the aluminum, including spraying the inside of the wings, exposed fuselage, etc.

There's a similar product called CorrosionX but it doesn't smell as good.

I have no idea what it would do on steel or iron. Buy a can to treat your Emira's supercharger housing, and then try it on your railing as well!

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really sort-a surprised that touring is in the lead for order #'s. I was expecting the opposite
Yea I think those that but a car like the Emira in Canada are probably more hard core so they are leaning more towards the sports setup. For many US buyers this is a daily car, so more touring.

RTM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am very happy to report I took delivery of my DV Emira from Bellevue (Park Place) yesterday. My car was on the 3/29 ship. It's an FE 1.0. I was one of the last orders and I think I am one of the first 10 deliveries. Deposit placed July 19, 2021. Order placed May 12, 2022. Car received April 26, 2024. They received my car last week, but I had them apply "full front" PPF and full ceramic, so it wasn't ready to go until yesterday.

Initial impressions are really great. I have a ton of twisty backroads in my area, and I will be trying them all at soon!
Looks great - similar spec to mine! I’m at PP too, one of the least FE1 orders and arrived on 3/29 boat but still waiting to get the call that it’s on the way - shows how random this all is.

LotusNewbie

Reaction score
Looks great - similar spec to mine! I’m at PP too, one of the least FE1 orders and arrived on 3/29 boat but still waiting to get the call that it’s on the way - shows how random this all is.
i think the way it's working is once 6 or so is processed for your dealer of the boat and ready, they send it on a truck. so could be quick or slooooow processing, all random.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Anyone know the what US battery model is used in the Emira? I'm checking LiFePO4 battery options. Not to reduce weight but to see if I can find one that have larger capacity since I heard the default will run down in two weeks if not driven.

Heckler264

Reaction score
$5000 TRANSPORT & PREP FEES !! :/
I was just provided a proforma invoice for my FE that should be arriving in May and told the Transport & Prep fee will cost over $5000CAD ! Anyone either get a similar quote on their FE Emira delivery or picked up their FE Emira and paid this price ? If not, what price was quoted or did you get charged ? Appreciate any responses to help address this outrageous T&P fees when U.S customers are paying only $2500USD !
I was quoted around $8000 cdn for freight and pdi for western Canada. $5000 for freight and $3000 for pdi.

It is pretty crazy.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone know the what US battery model is used in the Emira? I'm checking LiFePO4 battery options. Not to reduce weight but to see if I can find one that have larger capacity since I heard the default will run down in two weeks if not driven.
Screenshot_20240428-182459.png

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yea I think those that but a car like the Emira in Canada are probably more hard core so they are leaning more towards the sports setup. For many US buyers this is a daily car, so more touring.
Interesting for sure. I guess with our climate and snow you’d really be compromising to drive this as a daily even with an auto. I ordered sport and no regrets, I plan to drive it, but only in the summer and mostly on weekends. I’m in Toronto which is one of worst cities in the world for traffic, but even Vancouver and Montreal has awful traffic. I want it to be an “event” and will always have an auto if I want to get somewhere in a more relaxing way. But I can also see the appeal of touring if you plan on doing road trips even if it’s not a daily.

Drambeenie

Reaction score
Anyone's guess… I got lucky once finding a shipment before it arrived at port but usually we won't know until it arrives.
Suppose we can assume the 3rd given the last two arrived the last 2 Fridays.

Let’s see!