USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Drambeenie

Reaction score
What am I looking for here? Is it the discolored brownish "rust" on the rotor to indicate something isn't right?

Notice how only some of that brake disc is clean? That's the only part of the brake pad that is making contact with the rotor.

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Spoke to Boardwalk, they have 16 Emiras currently and 5 more coming in today. More than half of them have A/C issue not blowing cold. They now have 20 resistors ordered from Lotus to replace them.

They would initially blow cold but after test driving them, they found most of them starts blowing only hot air

Oh! And they haven't received their first deposited car. Basically the trucks are just grabbing whatever they see at port lol

Last edited:

adefeatedman

Reaction score
My car was on the 4/6 ship and still hasn't arrived at Lotus in NJ. Dealer's PPF installer will be there midweek, so hopefully it arrives
Spoke to Boardwalk, they have 16 Emiras currently and 5 more coming in today. More than half of them have A/C issue not blowing cold. They now have 20 resistors ordered from Lotus to replace them.

They would initially blow cold but after test driving them, they found most of them starts blowing only hot air

Oh! And they haven't received their first deposited car. Basically the trucks are just grabbing whatever they see at port lol
Spoke with Lotus NJ yesterday. My car was on the 4/6 ship but hasn't arrived at the dealer yet. I'm told at least three cars that arrived have needed new power steering pumps already, one needed new brake pads, and he said a few have had AC issues. I'm glad they are doing thorough PDIs before delivering the cars but I really hope my car makes it to the dealer soon.

Still gonna send it...

Reaction score

Hmm, I wonder what resistors they are replacing? Cooling and then stopping sounds like a compressor or A/C system charge issue. There are resistors in the fan speed system, but that is not directly related to the actual A/C cooling apparatus.

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hmm, I wonder what resistors they are replacing? Cooling and then stopping sounds like a compressor or A/C system charge issue. There are resistors in the fan speed system, but that is not directly related to the actual A/C cooling apparatus.
Not sure either and don't think it's a permanent fix. I am told that resistor is placed just under the dashboard.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well, looks like I'll be joining the club earlier than I expected. Boardwalk just offered me an orphaned FE 1.0 in the exact spec that I was going to use for my final V6 run order. They'll let me get out of my already spec'ed I4 (due March 25) and change my deposit for the Final V6 run to an I4 in 2028 so I said YES.

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, looks like I'll be joining the club earlier than I expected. Boardwalk just offered me an orphaned 1st Ed in the exact spec that I was going to use for my final V6 run order. They'll let me get out of my already spec'ed I4 (due March 25) and change my deposit for the Final V6 run to an I4 in 2028 so I said YES.
That car's twin is available now at Bellevue, if anyone is interested.

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good news. I just got the call that my car is on a truck headed to California. 4/6 ship. Hoping it will be ready for pickup maybe May 6th. He said 8 cars on their way to Eurocar in Orange County. Oct 2021 order. FE2.0. In their first shipment. Pinch me...
Do you know if Eurocar has received your car yet for PDI?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
First Canadian flipper in Ontario. Not sure if it's Gentry or Oakville.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm build #0584, my dealer is Lotus of Western New York.
my Emira arrived at the dealership on 4/13 for a pickup on 4/15, but the dealer did not have the paperwork from Lotus to sell the car, so that took another week and I was able to pickup my Emira #584 on 4/20

Yes it is well worth the waiting game.
Were you on 3/29 boat or 4/6?

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I wish them the very worst luck.

Deeznuss

Reaction score
Well, looks like I'll be joining the club earlier than I expected. Boardwalk just offered me an orphaned FE 1.0 in the exact spec that I was going to use for my final V6 run order. They'll let me get out of my already spec'ed I4 (due March 25) and change my deposit for the Final V6 run to an I4 in 2028 so I said YES.

I saw that car on Thursday!
Is Boardwalk offering you FE1 pricing?

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
IMG_3512.jpeg

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Why’s that? I would want them to fetch as much as possible to keep resale values high.
Because flippers and scalpers suck. Buying something you don't intend to use, and something that's a limited supply item, means someone who was maybe just barely able to afford this car can't have it.

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Because flippers and scalpers suck. Buying something you don't intend to use, and something that's a limited supply item, means someone who was maybe just barely able to afford this car can't have it.
I'm one of them...stocking up on instant noodles. Lol Just barely could afford the Emira. But by 2026 should have more cash headroom but don't want to wait that long and msrp might go up due to inflation. Also uncertain if I can get a V6 reservation by then.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

That's funny. The Emira that sold at auction on BaT recently sold for (all-in, incl. fees) about $160,000 CAD, so the above seller is pushing their luck another $10k beyond that number with this listing.

And yet there's 3 other cars for sale on autotrader.ca between $130k–140k.

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It has for me! They are really nice people actually, just buried under a bunch of different competing priorities. If you are kind and pleasant, but firm in your desire to understand the process better, you may get information and cooperation that you hadn't expected.

If you don't get anywhere with one person, call back and use a different part of the phone tree. Eventually you'll get to someone who's willing to do or say more.
Ok, thanks, I may give that a try. If you have a number that worked that you'd be willing to share, please DM me. Might save me some time.

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes.

My dealer only has "locked" as my production status, but Lotus USA informed me that my car was in the final stage of production and was expected to be completed the week I received their communication. I was also told that my car was expected to sail this month, but that it may be held in Michigan when it arrives until my dealer approves delivery.
Thanks. Since my Emira is already in Detroit, not sure what they can tell me, but I may give it a try. However, what you said:
it may be held in Michigan when it arrives until my dealer approves delivery
Jives with something in a communication from the dealer that someone forwarded me. Essentially that the dealers are requesting the cars to be shipped to them from Lotus in Detroit.