USA/Canada Delivery Thread

nfollin

Reaction score
Same, mine isn't great either (initials RB) but he usually gets back to me within a day even if his responses are short and vague. My car arrived there Monday, I'm just waiting for them to tell me when I can pay for it and how to have it shipped. Trying to be patient since they're apparently getting 14 cars dropped off per week, but it's getting tough.
I'd be less frustrated if I was asking about picking up the car. I'm asking about what the PPF options are, and want to know if they are using precut, etc so I know if I have to call other places because they did an awful job on my AMG GT with what looks like precuts.

saknibs

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd be less frustrated if I was asking about picking up the car. I'm asking about what the PPF options are, and want to know if they are using precut, etc so I know if I have to call other places because they did an awful job on my AMG GT with what looks like precuts.
Sounds like you already have your answer based on prior experience.

nfollin

Reaction score
Sounds like you already have your answer based on prior experience.
True, knowing around when it would be expected would help me calling other places. "Hey eventually i'm going to get a car, could you do PPF eventually" is hard, and I have to find a place. Though if anyone in Seattle knows a great place, last time I had some good work done was at Diamond Window tinting but it has been years.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Attached are the PPF options they offered me. I said no because like you I don't want to risk pre-cut film. I'm also unsure I want to do full PPF again given the high costs. If I do, it will be with a vetted local shop.

EDIT: For reference, my Emira was on the 4/6 ship and arrived in WA on 4/22. Was just told a few minutes ago they're going to email me the paperwork for signing today (4/25) so fortunately they seem to work pretty fast once the car is in their hands.

Attachments

• cid21F9288C-6ADC-476A-B0EB-3AD1B21F86CC.pdf
    574.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Should I put my V1 up for sale? Anybody a buyer here? :geek: Save on the BAT fees.

Xroyalnavy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Car arrived via truck this morning. Was only able to put 50 miles on her before I had to go back to work, but man, it was worth the almost 3 year wait. I'm ecstatic.

mJFL952.jpg

L4A7Ieo.jpg

NIDnWBt.jpg

ryaVtYR.jpeg

Unfortunately after looking back through the pics I took it looks like the front driver's brake has the uneven wear problem. It only had 15 miles on when I took them so I'm hoping when I go and look later it may have corrected itself... but that's wishful thinking...
I have the same brake issue with my left front only it looks worse than yours at about 40% unswept. Have not looked at the reverse side of the rotors to see if there’s any evidence there, might do that this weekend. My car sat out from the 12/29/23 shipment in Baltimore until I picked it up on 4/13/24. Today I tried a few hard braking exercises but did not seem to change anything. Braking seems excellent with straight line stops from 60mph. FE2 with only 317 miles on the car so maybe it’s going to free up with more use, if not, then its warranty time.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpeg
    IMG_0522.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 100

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have the same brake issue with my left front only it looks worse than yours at about 40% unswept. Have not looked at the reverse side of the rotors to see if there’s any evidence there, might do that this weekend. My car sat out from the 12/29/23 shipment in Baltimore until I picked it up on 4/13/24. Today I tried a few hard braking exercises but did not seem to change anything. Braking seems excellent with straight line stops from 60mph. FE2 with only 317 miles on the car so maybe it’s going to free up with more use, if not, then its warranty time.
No need to wait. Your pad is missing a chunk. Might as well get it replaced now.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
No. Seller pays 99 for basic listing, 500 for advanced, and then a shit ton for white glove service.

Wow, never knew that. I used to run an auto brokerage and bought/sold tons of cars using online platforms. This was before BaT though.. I'm used to eBay Motors. Surprised the buyer pays the fees with BaT. Whatever works! 🤷‍♂️

RichiEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From what I understand, this is a common issue for the cars that were sitting. Brake pads freezing/welding to the rotor and then partially breaking off when unstuck. In fact, my friends DV that we are picking up on Monday had this issue at the dealer and was spotted during Dealer PDI before delivery. They were able to get the parts overnighted by Lotus and make the repair. All repaired and ready for pickup.

I would get it in ASAP and have them confirm and repair.

nfollin

Reaction score
They did confirm they are not using precut will be putting the car in service mode to make it flush for the hood, and will be removing emblems.

They also said they were cutting the film larger to give more room to work with, and that they would not be removing the rear lettering but they would be cutting around the letters and not a square.

Those were the issues I had with my current wrap and the manager was pretty upset hearing about the issues I had and was happy to have me come in to get the other one looked at (but distance and it being used wasn't super on the top of my mind).

For what it's worth.

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Make them sign a letter saying if they drill the bumper they owe you $5k to get their attention.

This is the way.
Ordered!

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What am I looking for here? Is it the discolored brownish "rust" on the rotor to indicate something isn't right?