USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I can't believe I'm so desperate for Emira news that I'm logging into Facebook...

1702097744312.png

Who knows the full case, but for anyone still waiting on an FE 1.0 confirmation here's what I got today from my dealer: "Your car has been finished in production. Likely just waiting for a ship."

I met an awesome guy named Neal at EArth Motorcars in Dallas. He let me come down and take an Emira for a rip in October.

He said this to me earlier today:

"Our first shipment will arrive here today around 4pm!!!
We will get 5 on this first truck load!"

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up
They did arrive 2 x DZ and 2x Nimbus
More arriving next week.
I will post pictures of my HY when it gets there
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0435.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpeg
    IMG_0433.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 149
Every photo I see of a new one makes me want to switch my color choice. I wonder of Lotus of Dallas would let me come in and see one of the DV's in person (ultimately what I went with). It's so hard to actually get a sense of its color compared with the others. I was torn between HY to be more flashy and sporty and DV to be more subtle and because I like green. If there was an isotope green I wouldn't have hesitated.

Once cars arrive at your dealer share the news with the group! Anyone know if Manhattan Motorcars has received any units? If the boat landed in Baltimore I’m thinking east coast dealers may get them first.

Once cars arrive at your dealer share the news with the group! Anyone know if Manhattan Motorcars has received any units? If the boat landed in Baltimore I’m thinking east coast dealers may get them first.
They are next to my office so will check today.

They are next to my office so will check today.
It doesn't look like *ANY* of the CARB states, of which many are close to Baltimore, have been notified that their cars are here in the US, certainly no VINS, and no indication of delivery. The dealers in MD, PA, NJ, NY all are within a 1-4 hour drive from the port of Baltimore and are much closer than Florida or Michigan. So far, not a peep.

I forgot where I read it, but it was suggested/confirmed that the first shipment of 150 cars were only headed for non-CARB dealers. There is some method to the madness.

Every photo I see of a new one makes me want to switch my color choice. I wonder of Lotus of Dallas would let me come in and see one of the DV's in person (ultimately what I went with). It's so hard to actually get a sense of its color compared with the others. I was torn between HY to be more flashy and sporty and DV to be more subtle and because I like green. If there was an isotope green I wouldn't have hesitated.
For what it’s worth, I saw DV for the first time yesterday. It is a very nice metallic color and definitely green during the day. I would pick it over HY if I wanted a less flashy color. Cameras don’t do it justice IMO.

Agreed. I was in the same boat. DV felt too dark, HY is good looking and I saw it in person. But I have a yellow car so I’m going with VR as an alternative based mostly on configurator pics and how I think it will look based on the other solid colors, HY, Seneca, etc. configurator and paint samples can only go so far…

For what it’s worth, I saw DV for the first time yesterday. It is a very nice metallic color and definitely green during the day. I would pick it over HY if I wanted a less flashy color. Cameras don’t do it justice IMO.
That's good to hear! I did go in and look at the small circular samples before sending my config, and I liked the metallic look of DV, the HY looked a bit one-note without the extra depth from my metallic flake. I'm hoping in the Texas sun the green will come out a bit more.

Agreed. I was in the same boat. DV felt too dark, HY is good looking and I saw it in person. But I have a yellow car so I’m going with VR as an alternative based mostly on configurator pics and how I think it will look based on the other solid colors, HY, Seneca, etc. configurator and paint samples can only go so far…
I got HY as colors were limited for FE1.0's, VR looks good. There is a video a few pages back that compare VR to MR.

Haha same reason I skipped all of the silver/grays since that's what my current car is and I wanted something different. Maybe once the type 135 comes out I'll want something not so dark as DV and will go super bright then.