USA/Canada Delivery Thread

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m here at baltimore test driving every single car.

Thanks for warming them up. I'll be there in 30!

halfway-there-halfway.gif

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So are we confirming 1.0's and 2.0's will be delivered at the same time?
The only way I can see that happening is that particular color has such a low volume run that they ran some 2.0 to meet the minimum paint run. Otherwise, It maybe a fluke that the loading order have some 2.0 loaded in the mix because of parking arrangement at the port. Actually, Why not? Lotus claims to have finished 500 FE a few weeks ago. Given that FE allocation was for 700 cars total including V6 Auto. With the delay on the auto, Lotus should be well into FE 2.0 now.

Last edited:

Arkham

Reaction score
Who knows the full case, but for anyone still waiting on an FE 1.0 confirmation here's what I got today from my dealer: "Your car has been finished in production. Likely just waiting for a ship."

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I met an awesome guy named Neal at EArth Motorcars in Dallas. He let me come down and take an Emira for a rip in October.

He said this to me earlier today:

"Our first shipment will arrive here today around 4pm!!!
We will get 5 on this first truck load!"

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up
They did arrive 2 x DZ and 2x Nimbus
More arriving next week.
I will post pictures of my HY when it gets there
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0435.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpeg
    IMG_0433.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 144

erich

Reaction score
Every photo I see of a new one makes me want to switch my color choice. I wonder of Lotus of Dallas would let me come in and see one of the DV's in person (ultimately what I went with). It's so hard to actually get a sense of its color compared with the others. I was torn between HY to be more flashy and sporty and DV to be more subtle and because I like green. If there was an isotope green I wouldn't have hesitated.

christophermalex

Reaction score
Once cars arrive at your dealer share the news with the group! Anyone know if Manhattan Motorcars has received any units? If the boat landed in Baltimore I’m thinking east coast dealers may get them first.

benjh1028

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Once cars arrive at your dealer share the news with the group! Anyone know if Manhattan Motorcars has received any units? If the boat landed in Baltimore I’m thinking east coast dealers may get them first.
They are next to my office so will check today.

Nova

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
They are next to my office so will check today.
It doesn't look like *ANY* of the CARB states, of which many are close to Baltimore, have been notified that their cars are here in the US, certainly no VINS, and no indication of delivery. The dealers in MD, PA, NJ, NY all are within a 1-4 hour drive from the port of Baltimore and are much closer than Florida or Michigan. So far, not a peep.

I forgot where I read it, but it was suggested/confirmed that the first shipment of 150 cars were only headed for non-CARB dealers. There is some method to the madness.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Every photo I see of a new one makes me want to switch my color choice. I wonder of Lotus of Dallas would let me come in and see one of the DV's in person (ultimately what I went with). It's so hard to actually get a sense of its color compared with the others. I was torn between HY to be more flashy and sporty and DV to be more subtle and because I like green. If there was an isotope green I wouldn't have hesitated.
For what it’s worth, I saw DV for the first time yesterday. It is a very nice metallic color and definitely green during the day. I would pick it over HY if I wanted a less flashy color. Cameras don’t do it justice IMO.

seriously

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Agreed. I was in the same boat. DV felt too dark, HY is good looking and I saw it in person. But I have a yellow car so I’m going with VR as an alternative based mostly on configurator pics and how I think it will look based on the other solid colors, HY, Seneca, etc. configurator and paint samples can only go so far…

erich

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I saw DV for the first time yesterday. It is a very nice metallic color and definitely green during the day. I would pick it over HY if I wanted a less flashy color. Cameras don’t do it justice IMO.
That's good to hear! I did go in and look at the small circular samples before sending my config, and I liked the metallic look of DV, the HY looked a bit one-note without the extra depth from my metallic flake. I'm hoping in the Texas sun the green will come out a bit more.

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agreed. I was in the same boat. DV felt too dark, HY is good looking and I saw it in person. But I have a yellow car so I’m going with VR as an alternative based mostly on configurator pics and how I think it will look based on the other solid colors, HY, Seneca, etc. configurator and paint samples can only go so far…
I got HY as colors were limited for FE1.0's, VR looks good. There is a video a few pages back that compare VR to MR.