USA/Canada Delivery Thread

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Guys, GO ON LOTUSTALK.COM and make a thread "WHERE IS MY LOTUS?" and describe your pain. Thats what I did and I dont know if it helped get me mine faster, but sure helped me vent! Oh and Lotus Inc saw it as well lol.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To dream the impossible dream.... here it is, after almost 3 years. Got the paperwork by FedEx today, signing and sending it back in the next 20 minutes. Having it delivered by covered carrier. Looks like it'll be here sometime next week.

View attachment 41833
Congratulations! Speaking as one who had the dumb luck to end up with one of the early deliveries, I am so happy to see some of the major contributors to this forum finally approaching the “finish line”. @Eagle7 it seems like forever ago that you were keeping us occupied with your 3D renders and now the real thing is near. This thread has been excruciating at times, going from the highs of CARB approval (remember that?) to the depths of despair as many still remained in the dark about their deliveries. Here’s hoping the floodgates are beginning to open and all of you have your patience rewarded. It’s cliche to say at this point, but damn this thing is so worth the wait!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To dream the impossible dream.... here it is, after almost 3 years. Got the paperwork by FedEx today, signing and sending it back in the next 20 minutes. Having it delivered by covered carrier. Looks like it'll be here sometime next week.

View attachment 41833
Congrats @Eagle7 .... beautiful spec!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Congratulations! Speaking as one who had the dumb luck to end up with one of the early deliveries, I am so happy to see some of the major contributors to this forum finally approaching the “finish line”. @Eagle7 it seems like forever ago that you were keeping us occupied with your 3D renders and now the real thing is near. This thread has been excruciating at times, going from the highs of CARB approval (remember that?) to the depths of despair as many still remained in the dark about their deliveries. Here’s hoping the floodgates are beginning to open and all of you have your patience rewarded. It’s cliche to say at this point, but damn this thing is so worth the wait!
I know. I remember when doing those renders thinking we'd have our cars in 6 months lol. None of us dreamed it would take over 2 years. Even though it's going to be great to have the car and driving around, there was just something about the "we're all in this together" nature of the long wait that I'm going to miss at some level. This forum was the first thing I checked in the morning, and often the last thing at night lol.

This whole thing reminded me of a movie I watched years ago, "Under the Tuscan Sun". It's a rom com which isn't something I normally watch, and I can't remember now why I happened to watch this particular one. Basically it's a story about an American woman who buys a villa in Italy that needs restoring, and she hires various people to restore it. Of course they're a motley crew of Italians who disagree about how to do things, etc., and there's lots of drama, arguments, and so on.

She of course has to corral all of them and get them to work together, and manage all the issues that come up. She decides to serve them breakfast each day, so they all have to get together at the same time, sit at this long table, and have breakfast before starting work. At the end of the movie, after the long project is finished, there's a final scene where they're all sitting at the breakfast table, only instead of the usual talk and chatter, they're all sitting there stone quiet, looking like they're at a funeral. They all realize this is the last time they'll be doing this, the project is over. Through it all, despite all the dysfunction, angst and drama, they'd become like a surrogate family. I won't say anymore in case anyone wants to watch the movie, but this forum right now kind of reminds me of that moment in the movie.

I'm going to start a project thread of all the things I'm thinking about, planning on, about to do, or actually doing to my Emira. I've been working on renders of various ideas, and I've finally narrowed it down to what I want to do with the back of the car. I have the ideas for the front and sides nailed down. The thought about what to do about the back finally came to me a couple days ago, and I've done a quick preliminary render, and it looks good. I think I'm close to getting it to look right. Everyone is welcome to browse my project thread, participate, and respectfully comment as it goes along hehe.

I've also designed a custom gear shift knob, but I'm having trouble finding someone who can do it. It combines metal, wood and leather. Does anybody know someone who can possibly do it? The guy I thought could do it, Latheworks, doesn't work with leather.

Last edited:

Vampyre

Reaction score
Thank you Lotus of Western New York.

i've been busy driving all around and no where at the same time. ;)
I picked up my Magma over tan Emira on 4/20/24, A day to remember, the wait is over!

Attachments

• 438810789_10231779473053545_5208683484984743914_n.jpg
    438810789_10231779473053545_5208683484984743914_n.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 437135075_10231760042407791_4723147131726055517_n.jpg
    437135075_10231760042407791_4723147131726055517_n.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 87

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is it raining Emiras now?
Congrats on the new customer deliveries 👏🏽

1714014069198.gif

sirringo

Reaction score
I stopped by Boardwalk today. They must have had about 10 Emira’s on the lot. Stickers all reflected FE1 MSRP.
Did you happen to chat with ‘em? I appreciated that Kyle and Tom invited us to text or call day or night in their email…I appreciated less that I’ve not been getting responses to my texts 😂

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The frustration is real... as Porter or Nova said, once the boat lands (mine 4/6) you're in limbo until your dealer gets word it's on the way. I'm build no. 0473 and I've been among the first orders at my store, yet I've seen like 20 cars from the 3/29 and 4/6 boats go through with 1100-2100 sequence numbers while mine is still sitting somewhere, all lonely. This "first in, last out" stuff is for the birds! I really feel for the December docked people...

Vampyre

Reaction score
The frustration is real... as Porter or Nova said, once the boat lands (mine 4/6) you're in limbo until your dealer gets word it's on the way. I'm build no. 0473 and I've been among the first orders at my store, yet I've seen like 20 cars from the 3/29 and 4/6 boats go through with 1100-2100 sequence numbers while mine is still sitting somewhere, all lonely. This "first in, last out" stuff is for the birds! I really feel for the December docked people...

I'm build #0584, my dealer is Lotus of Western New York.
my Emira arrived at the dealership on 4/13 for a pickup on 4/15, but the dealer did not have the paperwork from Lotus to sell the car, so that took another week and I was able to pickup my Emira #584 on 4/20

Yes it is well worth the waiting game.

neonate

Reaction score
Thank you Lotus of Western New York.

i've been busy driving all around and no where at the same time. ;)
I picked up my Magma over tan Emira on 4/20/24, A day to remember, the wait is over!
Congratulations! Fantastic spec. How was the delivery experience? I am waiting for mine from the same dealer (FE 2.0 V6 Auto)

I.am.Duke

Reaction score
I concur. The idea that vehicles are being delivered without any regard to wait time, while currently practical for a Fu$#$'d up company like Lotus, is really infuriating. So tired of being told it will be soon.

nfollin

Reaction score
Well, I gave up on being patient waiting for Park Place in Bellevue to respond to my email i sent them on March 11th in response to their email to contact them. I called them Monday, they said they'd leave a note for the salesperson. Nothing.

At this point, I'm really starting to consider asking for a different salesman. Absolutely the worst dealership I have ever interacted with.

99Problems

Reaction score
Well, I gave up on being patient waiting for Park Place in Bellevue to respond to my email i sent them on March 11th in response to their email to contact them. I called them Monday, they said they'd leave a note for the salesperson. Nothing.

At this point, I'm really starting to consider asking for a different salesman. Absolutely the worst dealership I have ever interacted with.
DM me who your sales person is. I'm also at that dealership, also with an FE 1, on the 4/6 boat in my case. My salesperson has responded when I email... usually a day later timing wise. If you want to be referred to him, I can give you the name in DM