Updated Configurator

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
well the interior 3d imagery was pretty awful IMO, so dark you could hardly see much detail at all. So I guess while they make it better, they are settling for this.... Maybe someone has actually complained.... not just on here, but to them :)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
If anyone is listening from Lotus it doesn't work on my Android phone.
The configurator options don't move up or down
Edited it does in landscape not portrait

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like Lotus are aligning the Emira and Eletre product configurators into one common interface.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ya, it seems to still have bugs. They started the config change Saturday evening. Now there’s no path to a separate FE or Base spec. One configuator tool to rule them all going forward I guess.

Smudge

Reaction score
Did any of you check to see if the configuration code changed with the new configurator? It did with my spec.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did any of you check to see if the configuration code changed with the new configurator? It did with my spec.
Yes my spec code changed too. Haven't tried loading my old code though. Does that work?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone else experiencing this lovely accident of UI/UX on the right hand side?

1666071813109.png

mrmoogee

Reaction score
Well spotted... running as good as the configurator ever did I guess.
Wonder if those Base editions/new colours will be up soon, given the quoted Q3 2023 arrival and how long a wait can be. Can't help but feel that's optimistic after MW comments on Harry's Garage interview other day though

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well spotted... running as good as the configurator ever did I guess.
Wonder if those Base editions/new colours will be up soon, given the quoted Q3 2023 arrival and how long a wait can be. Can't help but feel that's optimistic after MW comments on Harry's Garage interview other day though
Not a chance they will arrive in 2023

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I chose tan, and I wish it looked like it does in that photo, instead of the peanut butter/orange I've seen thus far.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I chose tan, and I wish it looked like it does in that photo, instead of the peanut butter/orange I've seen thus far.
I suspect the actual car will look more caramel tan than the pics you've seen. I've held the actual leather sample and it's very good. Many phones seem to boost the saturation of "skin tones" including this tan/caramel range in order to make people look more natural and healthy in photos, but it makes the color of the Emira tan seats look way too orange in pictures. Reality seems to be better than that.

I took these two photos in New Jersey, in a mixture of daylight from very large adjacent windows on a flat/overcast day, and interior overhead fluorescent lights that seemed to be "warm white" which you can see in the reflections.

The color range seen in the leather here reflects pretty closely what I saw in person. The second pic was from a different angle, facing toward the window so the exposure compensation darkened the image slightly and brings out the caramel tones more. To me, both of these are acceptably "tan" and not overtly orange.

1666104590291.jpeg

1666104647503.jpeg

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Jumps all over the place on my iPhone… what a confusing mess!

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is a practice known as "testing in Production". :p
Coming from my job as a software engineer I can totally relate. There’s a fine line between development and production. I think Lotus is stuck in the middle.