❔ QUESTION UK Short Plate

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have poked around the forum but cannot find a link. Can anyone recommend a reputable short plate website, all the sites I have found do not really fill me with confidence lol.

Thanks,

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I and various family members have brought plates from Four Dot before, they're really good quality and for short plates, they'll make them to the exact minimum legally required size. I have a set from them ready to go on my Emira shortly!

OP
A

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I and various family members have brought plates from Four Dot before, they're really good quality and for short plates, they'll make them to the exact minimum legally required size. I have a set from them ready to go on my Emira shortly!
Perfect, will order one this weekend. Thanks!

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Or if you don't fancy spending that much, look up this eBay item 233960320834 or search for seller bespokesoftware.

I've bought three plates from him now and they are all decent quality and fully legal.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
https://www.platesforcars.co.uk/designer.php#numberplates/

Or these guys - I've used them several times before - their builder allows for a short front and regular-sized rear (which I think looks better on the Emira as it fits the space) as a matching pair and aren't too "premium priced".

On another note, does anyone know the length in mm of the UK front plate plinth in case anyone's considering a short plate but without cutting the plinth down? I'm hoping 5 digits plus the necessary bits for driving in (most of) Europe on the end will be about right.....

EFE

Reaction score
I have been using Phil at "create my plates"

His range of sizes is larger than most and a quick turn around.

The only issue I had was a small bur on the front edge of the plate left by the waterjet cutting. I removed it but I would have gladly paid a bit extra to have it hand finished prior to shipment.

Size ordered 400mm x 95mm

IMG_5649.jpeg

Last edited:

CliveB

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi believe it or not I got my set on Amazon, the company listing short plates was called official plates uk and they arrived super fast as normal. For reference, I got a genuine short front plate holder from B&C which I believe is used on cars that go to New Zealand. The short front plate looks very good 👍🏻

GregD

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

Forum newbie here from the UK ... have been lurking for about 6 months and have really enjoyed reading through the Forum on a regular basis. Some great threads and very educational in terms of some of the technical detail that's been posted.

The Emira will be my first Lotus, and apparently, it's scheduled for build in July so getting excited now!

I was just wondering, in the past when purchasing new cars from other manufacturers, they'd present maybe 20-30 standard Registration Plates that you could review and choose from. My question is (to those lucky ones that already have their cars) is did Lotus provide you any option to choose your registration plate or was it simply allocated with no consultation?

Thanks.

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi All,

Forum newbie here from the UK ... have been lurking for about 6 months and have really enjoyed reading through the Forum on a regular basis. Some great threads and very educational in terms of some of the technical detail that's been posted.

The Emira will be my first Lotus, and apparently, it's scheduled for build in July so getting excited now!

I was just wondering, in the past when purchasing new cars from other manufacturers, they'd present maybe 20-30 standard Registration Plates that you could review and choose from. My question is (to those lucky ones that already have their cars) is did Lotus provide you any option to choose your registration plate or was it simply allocated with no consultation?

Thanks.
No , just got told what the reg was going to be , just about to transfer a number from my other car over to it next week .

EFE

Reaction score
Would you mind disclosing the part number (if you have it) and how much it cost, I think I may need one
Emira Plate Bracket.png

The front number plate support is the same as the Evora as per parts diagram above. I ordered the 2a option from Paul at Christopher Neil (Oakmere) it was a straight swap with the supplied part from Lotus.

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here is the standard Emira UK front plate bracket reduced in length to take a shorter 4-Dot (6 character) plate. Couldn't get the Australian or NZ version via my UK dealer so ordered the standard UK version (£30) and Dremel/Draper'd it to the right size. It's aluminium so easy to cut and trim.

IMG_1993.JPG

Last edited:

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
just fitted my short plate with some clips i found on Amazon , took the long plate off and fitted these straight onto the remaining fixing holes, just needed a spacer ( found a plastic washer about 5mm thick that worked) the number plate just clips into the two brackets.

PLEXICLICK® ORIGINAL Number Plate Holder for Cars - Frameless Invisible - Black - Universal License Plate Holder - For UK 3mm Frames https://amzn.eu/d/fytEIfl

was a bit worried as it only a rubbish review, but it seems to work really well.

Attachments

• IMG_2645.jpeg
    IMG_2645.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 27

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have added a smaller front plate (16” x 3.5”) purchased from Plates For Cars (PFC). I trimmed the back plate to accommodate. Looks much better!

Also had the engine surround carbon dipped - very pleased with the result!

Attachments

• IMG_2291.jpeg
    IMG_2291.jpeg
    381.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2325.jpeg
    IMG_2325.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2322.jpeg
    IMG_2322.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have added a smaller front plate (16” x 3.5”) purchased from Plates For Cars (PFC). I trimmed the back plate to accommodate. Looks much better!

Also had the engine surround carbon dipped - very please with the result!
The engine surround looks awesome! Where did you get it done and how much if you don't mind me asking? I'm also based in Sussex and fancy getting the same done.

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The engine surround looks awesome! Where did you get it done and how much if you don't mind me asking? I'm also based in Sussex and fancy getting the same done.
I had it done at Paul's Customs in Matfield, Kent TN19 7LQ. Paul Woolway launched Kent Custom Dipping in 2013 but has recently started up on his own. Recommended by Wombat at Matfield who did my PPF. Cost £360 and took 2 weeks. Quite a detailed process - plastic trim is sand blasted, 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of base colour, then hydrographic film applied in warm water tank, and finally clear coat applied and buffed to high shine and finished with polish and a protective wax coating.

I would recommend Paul - helpful and friendly chap who can be contacted on 07539 066008 and email: [email protected]. Website www.pauls-customs.co.uk

I hope this helps