• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Two main issues I could use some help with

Rhinocerosity

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
1. The side-view mirrors reset to a very unintuitive position every time I start the car (facing kind of inwards), even if I adjust them outwards and then save my current seating position. Kind of annoying to have to adjust them every time.
2. Carplay outright wont connect. The phone connects to bluetooth, I can see it in the carplay menu, I can select it to disconnect/reconnect my phone, I even tried a USB-C cable into the center console port. Carplay stays grayed out. In fact even when connected via cable if I go to the media section, it says nothing is connected. I can still play music and stuff via bluetooth, but still.

1. The side-view mirrors reset to a very unintuitive position every time I start the car (facing kind of inwards), even if I adjust them outwards and then save my current seating position. Kind of annoying to have to adjust them every time.
2. Carplay outright wont connect. The phone connects to bluetooth, I can see it in the carplay menu, I can select it to disconnect/reconnect my phone, I even tried a USB-C cable into the center console port. Carplay stays grayed out. In fact even when connected via cable if I go to the media section, it says nothing is connected. I can still play music and stuff via bluetooth, but still.
Mirrors are set with seat set. Hold the M or S button, I can't remember, and move your seat to desired positon and also mirrors. Then hit the button again. It threw me off first time to. I have a setting for driving and a setting to get out of the car.

Is CarPlay definitely turned on in your phone? I pulled my hair out with my Merc trying to get it to eork only to find for some reason it had turned CarPlay off in the settings on the phone.

Press the M button once; you should see the light turn on under the M. Adjust the seat and the mirrors until you have them where you want them, then press and HOLD the 1 or 2 button next to the M button until you hear a beep tone. That's it. The light under the M button will be off now too.

I set the number 1 setting for my driving position, and moved the seat all the way back and set it to the number 2 position for getting in and out of the car.

Go to your CarPlay iPhone settings and make sure CarPlay is allowed when phone is locked. Better yet, just delete Emira from CarPay (on your phone) and reset it, you have been deleting your phone from the car and resetting it; do it this way.

I can get my CarPlay set up, however, when I next start the car, it loses connection to the Bluetooth. Any ideas how I can get it to automatically connect every time?

I can get my CarPlay set up, however, when I next start the car, it loses connection to the Bluetooth. Any ideas how I can get it to automatically connect every time?
I don’t know how true this is but if you connect your iPhone via an actual Apple wire, it remembers the connection when you try wireless. I did they when I first got my car and 9/10 times it automatically connects