❔ QUESTION Track vs. Sport mode with US-spec cars

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I picked up my Emira within the first week of CARB approval going through. I have about 1100 miles on the car right now. I did all of the break-in with Sport mode. I've just started to experiment with Track mode. I know from discussions with cars in Europe, the only perceivable difference between Sport and Track is a slightly higher rpm with track mode and the decreased traction control. The throttle response/mapping and/or exhaust doesn't appear different, even if the screen appears to show a difference (3 bars/full for throttle and exhaust).

I do like the dash display for Track where the speedometer is positioned a little lower and in the middle. Where my steering wheel is placed, it normally blocks the speedometer in the top left. I also prefer the tach rpm gauge for track.

I know it reduces traction control but I'm curious if it's enough to be 'scary' on warm dry roads? Again I don't have enough seat time with it to really push it.

Any idea is the US-spec cars have more differences between Sport and Track and/or if others have noticed anything between these two modes. Any thoughts on Track in general would be appreciated.

driv300mph

Reaction score
I picked up my Emira within the first week of CARB approval going through. I have about 1100 miles on the car right now. I did all of the break-in with Sport mode. I've just started to experiment with Track mode. I know from discussions with cars in Europe, the only perceivable difference between Sport and Track is a slightly higher rpm with track mode and the decreased traction control. The throttle response/mapping and/or exhaust doesn't appear different, even if the screen appears to show a difference (3 bars/full for throttle and exhaust).

I do like the dash display for Track where the speedometer is positioned a little lower and in the middle. Where my steering wheel is placed, it normally blocks the speedometer in the top left. I also prefer the tach rpm gauge for track.

I know it reduces traction control but I'm curious if it's enough to be 'scary' on warm dry roads? Again I don't have enough seat time with it to really push it.

Any idea is the US-spec cars have more differences between Sport and Track and/or if others have noticed anything between these two modes. Any thoughts on Track in general would be appreciated.

The only differences I can discern in track vs sport is:

- Increased idle RPM
- Increased throttle response
- Lower traction control
- Exhaust valve opens sooner or more in the upper rev range, not sure which.

Traction control isn't entirely turned off -- I think its fine for dry, warm roads but I wouldn't be getting goosey in the wet unless purely intentional for some minor tail sliding fun from a stop

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In my experience, it’s perfectly safe for street use in the dry. I haven’t tried it in the wet yet.

The tires on this car are pretty dang wide and sticky, and the power isn’t so much that it overwhelms the grip unless you’re trying to get it unstuck, or full throttle around a corner.

Very neutral car with predictable limits.