Ride Height vs Wheel Gap -110
RPM & HP -125
Hood Gap -130
Key Size -145
Heated “pot luck” -200
Something positive @seats +140

#ForTheGamblers

Don't forget the crooked FE badge!

I'm actually betting we soon hear complaints about the piano black interior trim being scratched easily. Soon we'll be asking the PPF installers to throw some on the center console while they're treating the exterior!

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the steering wheel looks perfect to me, FFS it's a steering wheel what next.
Who knows, the typeface used in the infotainment?

The buttons being 0.0000034454 off and the Cayman GTS 4.0's button is "so much better"?

Honestly I am getting tired of reading all the negativity.

Anyone who is that nitpicky about this kind of stuff, go buy a Porsche and enjoy.

It's hilarious to me that when I was ordering my M2 Competition I was reading the SAME damn thing. "M2 is great, but..........Cayman is just so much better....."

Has no one ever driven an old Ferrari and understood just how flawed it is, but is yet so much FUN?

When I drove the F355 years ago it had tons of issues but you needed a crowbar to wipe that huge smile off my face afterwards. Guess what? The 993 Turbo of that era was "better" too.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the shape of the wheel at all.

But I do think the Lynk & Co controls look cheap and nasty and out of place. The Emira steering wheel doesn't look at all special when compared to, for example, the Electre's design. Not saying that the Electre wheel is right for an Emira, but look at the effort they put into the design . . . the Emira wheel was just pulled straight out of the Geely parts bin.

Attachments

• Lotus-Eletre-2023-1600-0f.jpg
    Lotus-Eletre-2023-1600-0f.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 49

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here’s my take (and hope)…

There are many cars that didn’t get much love upon release. One example was the US e36 m3. Many were upset about the low power and disparaged it heavily compared to the euro spec version. Years later, it finally receives praise and is now valued for many of its previous shortcomings. I know that’s just one example but there are plenty more like it.

The Emira might be getting mixed reviews now but I’ll take the bet that it will be a future classic and highly desired. I think it’ll make the perfect stablemate to my similarly viewed 6th gen Camaro ss 1le.

Both will be highly revered ICE cars in a sea of uninspiring EV’s.

Greenblood

Reaction score
Who knows, the typeface used in the infotainment?

The buttons being 0.0000034454 off and the Cayman GTS 4.0's button is "so much better"?

Honestly I am getting tired of reading all the negativity.

Anyone who is that nitpicky about this kind of stuff, go buy a Porsche and enjoy.

It's hilarious to me that when I was ordering my M2 Competition I was reading the SAME damn thing. "M2 is great, but..........Cayman is just so much better....."

Has no one ever driven an old Ferrari and understood just how flawed it is, but is yet so much FUN?

When I drove the F355 years ago it had tons of issues but you needed a crowbar to wipe that huge smile off my face afterwards. Guess what? The 993 Turbo of that era was "better" too.
I am coming from a Subaru BRZ so to me it's a better sports car and looks like a Bently interior compared to the BRZ.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
A perfect flipside is the Nissan Skyline GTR. I took out a modified one having heard all about how much of a weapon it was. Yes, it shifted but, OMG, that interior. I told the salesman I just could not live with the car despite the dynamics.

Lotus have nailed their brief - bits of that will always get criticism.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
the steering wheel is f'ing retarded.

want an example of a non-retarded steering wheel? 718's GT wheel. It already exists. Not that hard to design. It's just a small thinner circle. That's it. Doesnt suck. Improvement.

also, to everyone that says it is "integral to the..." etc. It is not. There is no way a chinese company is doing any "wiring" for this. It is a USB wire. You could hook up an x-box controller to it fine and dandy. It is the easiest by far thing to change. Controls on such plug-in-play windows 95 gizmos are very easy to not even exist and still the car will function fine.
There should be a NO buttons version, not one control, and a "GT wheel" that is slim with chooseable grips. for extra money. right?

Last edited:

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
the steering wheel is f'ing retarded.

want an example of a non-retarded steering wheel? 718's GT wheel. It already exists. Not that hard to design. It's just a small thinner circle. That's it. Doesnt suck. Improvement.

also, to everyone that says it is "integral to the..." etc. It is not. There is no way a chinese company is doing any "wiring" for this. It is a USB wire. You could hook up an x-box controller to it fine and dandy. It is the easiest by far thing to change. Controls on such plug-in-play windows 95 gizmos are very easy to not even exist and still the car will function fine.
There should be a NO buttons version, not one control, and a "GT wheel" that is slim with chooseable grips. for extra money. right?
This is where the Emira really loses out to Porsche.

In the Cayman, you can choose whether you want the wheel controls or not, and you can choose whether you want the standard or GT (slightly smaller diameter) steering wheel. On the Lotus, you can't even get the contrast stitching / TDC stripe if you ordered a manual (in what universe does this even make sense?!).

There's lots of commentary on here about how the cost of options ups the price of a Porsche... but at least you can spec it exactly how you want it from a huge choice of options. Virtually no two Porsches are alike; there will be lots of identical Emiras.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is where the Emira really loses out to Porsche.

In the Cayman, you can choose whether you want the wheel controls or not, and you can choose whether you want the standard or GT (slightly smaller diameter) steering wheel. On the Lotus, you can't even get the contrast stitching / TDC stripe if you ordered a manual (in what universe does this even make sense?!).

There's lots of commentary on here about how the cost of options ups the price of a Porsche... but at least you can spec it exactly how you want it from a huge choice of options. Virtually no two Porsches are alike; there will be lots of identical Emiras.
Just being able to option the Emira with some 2 way adjust carbon seats and a round steering wheel with no controls from factory would have made this car feel 100 x more special to me.

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just being able to option the Emira with some 2 way adjust carbon seats and a round steering wheel with no controls from factory would have made this car feel 100 x more special to me.
Because of the way the infotainment system works, those buttons need to be installed somewhere. So I see zero chance of having just a basic button-less wheel on any Emira in its lifetime.

My hope is that the touch/swipe function of those button pads can be disabled so that they only register upon pressing them.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Because of the way the infotainment system works, those buttons need to be installed somewhere. So I see zero chance of having just a basic button-less wheel on any Emira in its lifetime.

My hope is that the touch/swipe function of those button pads can be disabled so that they only register upon pressing them.
Surely the buttons on the wheel sont do anything that the infotainment touchscreen doesnt do though? Bar radar cruise?

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Surely the buttons on the wheel sont do anything that the infotainment touchscreen doesnt do though? Bar radar cruise?
We will find out once a customer actually gets a car. 🤷‍♂️

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I simply don't care about steering wheels and buttons.

You will get used to both.
It's a key piece of your connection to the car (in manual and auto guise) Manual I'd always prefer a less cluttered option. I don't drive auto, but they are more well suited to an all the frills type wheel

Honeywell

Reaction score
I have an altantarra Royal steering wheel on my GT86. On my six other vehicles (one is a Boeing) I have a wide variety of wheels from plastic to leather. Some thick , some thin. The variety is part of thr atttraction.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I have an altantarra Royal steering wheel on my GT86. On my six other vehicles (one is a Boeing) I have a wide variety of wheels from plastic to leather. Some thick , some thin. The variety is part of thr atttraction.
Your not a real car nut until you have a momo on your Boeing 😅😉