Theres no emira on display in the London showroom.

All models on display except the emira at the Piccadilly showroom opposite the Ritz in London. Just walked past an hour ago. What's their strategy, is the emira making a loss for lotus or something?
1000042548.jpg

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Probably shipped it over to the USA. Or maybe switching it out with a new color?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
damn that evija is one awesome looking car! - Maybe Lotus is going full EV faster than we want to believe lol

The bike I still think is pretty cool too.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Probably Space...the Evija and Emira look similar.. might as well have the flagship there

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Probably Space...the Evija and Emira look similar.. might as well have the flagship there
Except how many people will realistically buy a $2M+ car? Of course there will be some affluent buyers but I would think the Emira would be more "valuable" to have in the showroom for the average person passing by. The people buying an Evija wouldn't be doing it because of window shopping (most likely). I don't disagree though that I'd want the flagship model displayed...like @DerTheDer said, they're probably just changing it out for another color or something or perhaps they sold the showroom model and need to replace it?

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Except how many people will realistically buy a $2M+ car? Of course there will be some affluent buyers but I would think the Emira would be more "valuable" to have in the showroom for the average person passing by. The people buying an Evija wouldn't be doing it because of window shopping (most likely). I don't disagree though that I'd want the flagship model displayed...like @DerTheDer said, they're probably just changing it out for another color or something or perhaps they sold the showroom model and need to replace it?
Hmm possibly, I've been to the London showroom and it seems they are more focused on rebranding.
Those three cars are their new image while the Emira is a respectful swan song to Lotus original heritage. The point of a $2mil car is to create new fans of the brand. The Evija in the window would be the next thing ppl see after they pass the mclaren dealership not to far from Lotus.

For Lotus to survive they need to sell SUV's and Electre cars similar to how the Urus is 60+% Lamborghini sells.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All models on display except the emira at the Piccadilly showroom opposite the Ritz in London. Just walked past an hour ago. What's their strategy, is the emira making a loss for lotus or something?View attachment 34615
Hardly. If more fully loaded FE are headed to NA after a 13 percent price increase. Low cost Base is delayed. Too many orders on hand? Delays to deal with instead of fostering new orders? So very interesting.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wouldn't read too much into it, rotating the display to keep it from being stagnant is probably part of it. There was an Emira there less than a month ago when I was down in London and winter won't be the ideal time to be pushing a sports car.
As others have said the Evija is the flagship, and as far as I'm aware it's sold out anyway, so I would expect it's currently there as a halo car to draw people in.

mrmoogee

Reaction score
maybe they removed it to give "Just Stop Oil" one less excuse to attack the store with orange paint

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Evija was released some four years ago, surely they've all been delivered by now?
*announced 4 years ago. I believe the first customer drives only started a few months ago.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry, emira or evija? You got me confused.
They were talking about the all-electric Evija which was unveiled in July 2019. And I was just pointing out how the car wasn't actually "released" 4 years ago, but was rather just announced 4 years ago. The first customer drives only took place a couple of months ago, as chronicled in this video:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They were talking about the all-electric Evija which was unveiled in July 2019. And I was just pointing out how the car wasn't actually "released" 4 years ago, but was rather just announced 4 years ago. The first customer drives only took place a couple of months ago, as chronicled in this video:

It makes sense for a hyperEV halo car to take YEARS to develop, considering covid delays, 4 years from announcement to delivery isn’t that bad.

Emira is a pretty much an evolution of Evora, years of delay wasn’t as acceptable.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wonder if Evija owners are annoyed that a car thats worth 5% of theirs has such similar design queues. very very similar in some cases. it takes from their car's specialness in a way

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It makes sense for a hyperEV halo car to take YEARS to develop, considering covid delays, 4 years from announcement to delivery isn’t that bad.

Emira is a pretty much an evolution of Evora, years of delay wasn’t as acceptable.
Yeah, I keep repeating this but 4 years delay is par for the course at this level. For comparison, the Rimac Nevera took 4 years between first unveiling and first customer delivery, Mercedes-AMG Project One took 5 years, and Aston Martin Valkyrie took 6 years.