• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The watches thread

The only Rolex I want
Explorer 2 white face 🙂
Nice used to have one and a gmt master 2 but sold too early as they’ve rocketed in value ! Guernsey a good spot at Mappin and Webb for “discounts” although this was 5+ years ago

Long shot but if anyone wants a rolex deepsea I've stuck mine up for sale, just back from a full service at rolex and unworn so 2yrs Warranty and service stickers on etc.
£10450
20221202_171115.jpg

I’ve put myself on the list for the Tudor Pelagos 39 and an Op 36 with blue face. After buying a diamond ring was then told I might be able to get the Rolex sooner!
Might be different dealer to dealer but the guy said to me I'm just being honest with you, we have more orders than we will ever get watches for the blue Tiffany blue op 36 so we've stopped taking them. I believe when the 41 got cancelled the list from that moved over.
I've requested the Nimbus face op 36 but it's not needed until my wife's birthday end if nxt year, although he implied it would be here well before then.

Can't see there being any issue with the tudor, despite what they might imply stock appears readily available

Last edited:
Might be different dealer to dealer but the guy said to me I'm just being honest with you, we have more orders than we will ever get watches for the blue Tiffany blue op 36 so we've stopped taking them. I believe when the 41 got cancelled the list from that moved over.
I've requested the Nimbus face op 36 but it's not needed until my wife's birthday end if nxt year, although he implied it would ve here well before then.

Can't see there being any issue with the tudor, despite what they might imply stock appears readily available
I actually want the dark blue rather than tiffany but still got told probably won't get one next year to might after I bought the ring. Pelagos 39 I can't even try one on think they are deliberatley creating a situation

I actually want the dark blue rather than tiffany but still got told probably won't get one next year to might after I bought the ring. Pelagos 39 I can't even try one on think they are deliberatley creating a situation
Ah right, should be good for that then. I do wonder if when they make the calls next year if take up will be what they expect given the economy 🤔

Yes I agree Tudor are creating the hype/situation to a large degree.

Not flexing, but after a 3 year wait I finally get my Explorer today! 🥰

Long shot but if anyone wants a rolex deepsea I've stuck mine up for sale, just back from a full service at rolex and unworn so 2yrs Warranty and service stickers on etc.
£10450
View attachment 20122
Nice! I personally think it wears rather bit too large / thick for my wrist, otherwise I'd be tempted. But the price seems reasonable (in todays market). I'm waiting for a 126600 as I prefer the red writing and slightly smaller size.

I'm looking for a UK sourced late 60's Heuer Camaro 7220nt that doesn't look like it's been through a cement mixer and has a service history, if anyone knows of one on sale.

I'm looking for a UK sourced late 60's Heuer Camaro 7220nt that doesn't look like it's been through a cement mixer and has a service history, if anyone knows of one on sale.
Love the early Heuers

Last week (14 Dec) Bonhams auctioned a whole collection of 60's to early 80's Heuer's in really good condition, from a motorsport collector. I'm no expert but looks like they got good prices for these and generally strong bidding for the other lots (the results are on their website). Clearly plenty of money still around - even more amply demonstrated by the prices paid in the Sir Terence Conran sale on the same day - check out the Bugatti pedal cars!

Nice! I personally think it wears rather bit too large / thick for my wrist, otherwise I'd be tempted. But the price seems reasonable (in todays market). I'm waiting for a 126600 as I prefer the red writing and slightly smaller size.
It's large in the rolex world but a pretty average size in most other respects, wears about the same as my old breitling chronomat evo.
That red writing is a lovely little detail though 👌🏼

That was a good day, have always liked a white dialed Rolex. At the other end of the spectrum, my Studio UnderdOg "Strawberries and Cream" arrived yesterday. Really nice fun watch - twice the price of the Omega Landfill (sorry, "Moonswatch") but in my opinion at least ten times more honest.

Not a big spender on luxury watches, but I do enjoy my personal collection of mostly Nixons. Been a long time fan of their watches and a stellar customer service experience ~20 years ago kept me loyal to the brand.

20221217_143951.jpg

Just picked up my first Seiko too:

20221217_143037.jpg