• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: πŸ† May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The watches thread

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Attachments

• A8C11BF7-1D38-4F32-8CE0-9D7EDDE02099.jpeg
    A8C11BF7-1D38-4F32-8CE0-9D7EDDE02099.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 63

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lovely!, cant fault a Daytona and i think the bi metal really suits them, my friend has the same one! , tried it on not long ago fresh back from a service

View attachment 10199

I like a bi metal, this was my first one, bought it new in 99, my wife wears it now πŸ™„

View attachment 10200
Nice , both look lovely ! Wanted the Daytona for years so thought why not , have a few other bits coming at some point just a waiting game πŸ‘Œ

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Woah that watch thread got busy really quickly! Awesome timepieces!

@Leonard didn't know Longines makes high beat movements! Excellent choice.

My hunting ground are dive watches, the last addition to the collection just two weeks ago as a "keep forever" watch. And since watches store memories of special moments for the wearer, I had it on my wrist today when I picked up the Emira.

27096EFF-E066-4F16-B1D0-BE94D56D5829.jpeg

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Woah that watch thread got busy really quickly! Awesome timepieces!

@Leonard didn't know Longines makes high beat movements! Excellent choice.

My hunting ground are dive watches, the last addition to the collection just two weeks ago as a "keep forever" watch. And since watches store memories of special moments for the wearer, I had it on my wrist today when I picked up the Emira.

View attachment 10206
🀯 a Blancpain was literally next on my list. That is lovely. Probably the best non deep diver out there.
Stunner 😍
Double watch and car congratulations 🀩

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Tag H from yonks ago and I bought hubby at same time a lovely Brietling - so when I divorced him I sold said Brietling on EBay ( he didn’t know which was the best bit) and spent the proceeds to fund my holiday to Mexico πŸ‡²πŸ‡½- I knew that watch wud come in useful at some point in time ⏱ it didn’t even keep good time - it was an automatic πŸ€ͺ

Attachments

• FDF43663-DD8B-419A-A7DD-67D68C8DA152.jpeg
    FDF43663-DD8B-419A-A7DD-67D68C8DA152.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 36

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fifty fathoms is class

This one goes DEEP, the rolex fan boys hate em though cos theyre over 40mm πŸ€―πŸ˜„

This and my PAM get by far the most wrist time.

@Magicman Woah! The 126600 is next on my list! Amazing! PAM Submersible is the one of my collection that probably has to go. I usually don't sell pieces but I don't wear it enough to justify keeping it.

@Leonard You should get one! But even though you appreciated the AD experience, Blancpains are a very good deal on the grey market compared to their list prices. I bought it at my local AD that I always deal with but honestly it is financially wiser to get them on Chrono. Second hand market is not strong on them. But my god are they nice! The level of detail and finishing on such an understated watch is amazing.
And - 120hr power reserve! 5 days! 🀯

5B9B1820-849A-4D80-88A2-AB48D2702119.jpeg

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Magicman Woah! The 126600 is next on my list! Amazing! PAM Submersible is the one of my collection that probably has to go. I usually don't sell pieces but I don't wear it enough to justify keeping it.

@Leonard You should get one! But even though you appreciated the AD experience, Blancpains are a very good deal on the grey market compared to their list prices. I bought it at my local AD that I always deal with but honestly it is financially wiser to get them on Chrono. Second hand market is not strong on them. But my god are they nice! The level of detail and finishing on such an understated watch is amazing.
And - 120hr power reserve! 5 days! 🀯

View attachment 10213
I have seen a few 'bargains' 2nd hand. Like the Fifty Fathoms Bathyscape Chrono a lot πŸ₯°
blancpain-fifty-fathoms-bathyscaphe-chronographe-flyback-5200-1110-b52a_image-03.png

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Leonard Exactly, bargain is obviously relative but the quality of the watch at this pricetag is hard to find anywhere else. Even at list price. I personally am not a chrono type, but the one with the moon phase is tempting. But since I got myself the "standard" FF (titanium version) for my 40ths and now the Bathyscape Ceramic, I have enough. Have to sell at least one watch now. Anyone interested in a PAM0024 fullset? πŸ™ƒ

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Leonard Exactly, bargain is obviously relative but the quality of the watch at this pricetag is hard to find anywhere else. Even at list price. I personally am not a chrono type, but the one with the moon phase is tempting. But since I got myself the "standard" FF (titanium version) for my 40ths and now the Bathyscape Ceramic, I have enough. Have to sell at least one watch now. Anyone interested in a PAM0024 fullset? πŸ™ƒ
I do really like the PAM0024. If I'm being honest with myself it would probably one of those watches that I like owning but don't really wear.
My Tudor Pelagos gets most wrist time as its just so wearable, doesn't get too much attention and goes with just about anything
PS Mmmmm moon phase πŸ₯°