The watches thread

ToonFan

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have read and heard great things about that watch from CW. This brand is definitely one to keep an eye on. I've got 3 on order.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Turged down one of a limited run of these in maclaren orange, regretting that now
I couldn't resist this watch any longer so I put in an order for a Nero Christopher Ward C1 Bel Canto! Hopefully, I will have it by next summer. All good things come to those who wait, right?

A

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I have read and heard great things about that watch from CW. This brand is definitely one to keep an eye on. I've got 3 on order.
I like your style! Ordering at least two probably isn't a bad idea. That way I could put one away and wear the other one without worry. :unsure:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Turged down one of a limited run of these in maclaren orange, regretting that now

A
I had to look this watch up and wow, what a looker!

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 11.58.31 AM.png

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interestingly (or not) I bought a luxury watch online this week.
I then went into a watch store on a whim the day after and the experience was noticeably night and day. The additional feel good factor of going into store was tangible. Without the 'experience' human interaction from fellow enthusiasts and perceived alignment of values to the brand, the buying of luxury goods will just become the same as going out to buy a loaf of bread....
No customer experience. No luxury brand.
I personally disagree myself ….. I purchased my wife online and she arrived without all the headache and fancy-scmancy of dating and wooing and I eliminated the costs associated with all that un-needed silly fuss.

The only issue is that there is no dealer network (psychiatrist or therapist) when I need her serviced.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yessssssss !!! I love the feel and touch of titanium - the scratchiness and perceived brittleness is similar to the Emira tail pipe finishers. The watch is, of course, light - almost as light as my other titanium watches (solar powered GPS watches).

The catalog photos suggest silver numbers on a black bezel, but they are actually gloss black numbers on a matte black bezel. Subtle and classy - just like my Emira.

IMG_1362.JPGIMG_1363.JPG

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yessssssss !!! I love the feel and touch of titanium - the scratchiness and perceived brittleness is similar to the Emira tail pipe finishers. The watch is, of course, light - almost as light as my other titanium watches (solar powered GPS watches).

The catalog photos suggest silver numbers on a black bezel, but they are actually gloss black numbers on a matte black bezel. Subtle and classy - just like my Emira.

View attachment 34900View attachment 34901
Shadow Grey with BP. I Like!!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

That is a fantastic purchase! I can't even get an Air King or no date Sub from my AD, let alone this piece! Congrats and wear it in good health. 🥂

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That is a fantastic purchase! I can't even get an Air King or no date Sub from my AD, let alone this piece! Congrats and wear it in good health. 🥂
Thank you. It was the only Rolex that I even considered purchasing, and probably the last (unless more titanium models come out, which is moderately probable...)

What did you have to do to get that!!!
Nothing illegal, I hope ! ;)

Don’t ask questions that you don’t want to know the answer to……..

Hopefully it means you kept the naughty in check.
Actually, it was 99% legwork and 1% working my charm with the Authorized Dealer folks. It took me a total of 78 store visits over a period of 3 months, all the while expressing how much I like titanium watches and car/motorcycle parts. The sales people probably were referring to me as "Mister Titanium" between visits :LOL:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Thank you. It was the only Rolex that I even considered purchasing, and probably the last (unless more titanium models come out, which is moderately probable...)

Nothing illegal, I hope ! ;)

Actually, it was 99% legwork and 1% working my charm with the Authorized Dealer folks. It took me a total of 78 store visits over a period of 3 months, all the while expressing how much I like titanium watches and car/motorcycle parts. The sales people probably were referring to me as "Mister Titanium" between visits :LOL:
It sounds like I need to start visiting my AD a LOT more!

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Good effort, I asked about that or a challenge when I picked my wife's birthday OP up a few weeks ago and they said I'd got two hopes and one of them was Bob 🤣

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I really like the tropical dial you have with the leather strap. It looks like the Longines Legend Diver is a great watch for the money. Here's a good video detailing everything about this model if anyone else is interested.

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I really like the tropical dial you have with the leather strap. It looks like the Longines Legend Diver is a great watch for the money. Here's a good video detailing everything about this model if anyone else is interested.

I was looking at this or a Christopher Ward C65 Super Compressor, another great looking retro diver

Attachments

• 1704922811700.jpeg
    1704922811700.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 13