The Radford Type 62-2 ...effectively an Emira re-envisaged and tuned up to the max

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe this is an Exige V6 turned up to the max, not an Emira. But I get what you're saying.

OP
Kentviking

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I believe this is an Exige V6 turned up to the max, not an Emira. But I get what you're saying.
Yes, you are of course correct, but then I thought the Emira is also generally considered the same and I loved the content and thought the Emira fanati might do also, so the heading needed to reflect a proper link to the Emira forum

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Very interesting and coincidentally I watched it this morning. This is all speculation as lotus could have gone a number of ways but not useless speculation as there are lots of options open now.

By going the route they did they created a larger market for the Emira, which in itself opens up possibilities. The success of the core model, and the fact it is fairly mild if I can put it that way (e.g. not extreme) means there could be a number of variants created that will appeal to the more hardcore enthusiasts made possible by the primary development costs being covered by the core model.

These future variants will have added value for Lotus by keeping the Emira in the press and in doing so helping to boost sales of all variants.

Here's hoping!

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Umm. Not sure on that one.
Guess I could use it a a track car but others come into play which will also offer a great experience.

I'll stick with the Emira and cope with less power and more weight. :)

Love Jensen though. He has turned into a proper decent fella.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Umm. Not sure on that one.
Guess I could use it a a track car but others come into play which will also offer a great experience.

I'll stick with the Emira and cope with less power and more weight. :)

Love Jensen though. He has turned into a proper decent fella.

Agreed on Jenson. I don’t think Lotus could have picked a better brand ambassador than Button. Seems like a genuinely sweet guy, knows his stuff.

I was hoping he was going to take over Top Gear back in the day, never happened.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Agreed on Jenson. I don’t think Lotus could have picked a better brand ambassador than Button. Seems like a genuinely sweet guy, knows his stuff.

I was hoping he was going to take over Top Gear back in the day, never happened.
Spot on re JB - his natural enthusiasm comes through and can't be faked. I fell out of love with TG in its last 3 or 4 seasons as it got sillier and sillier, even though some parts were still good. Then, with its new "celebrity" presenters, it lost the plot. Perhaps the idea was to broaden the appeal but it just lost even more credibility for me, there are plenty of shows on TV and YouTube much better for petrolheads now.