The most accurate car ever produced

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It's interesting that the one car Matt said was an actual customer car, and now this latest yellow car, both clearly do not have that front gap.

I wonder if during testing and development, that rubber seal strip was put in there temporarily once they identified that location as a source of wind noise, and then had the bonnet slightly redesigned to eliminate that issue? You HAVE to know they saw the thread(s) on that gap issue on the forums. For testing and development they probably had a small run of the original bonnets in house and just used them while working out the update.

The gap wouldn't have been a big issue for Dark Verdant or Shadow Gray, but for the lighter colors it did certainly stand out. This will be a very pleasant update if in fact that gap is now no bigger than the other body gaps.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I won't hold my breath. If they were experimenting with a fix they would have said so at Goodwood rather than telling people outright that it was production.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here's my small contribution:

1 - Front plate delete:

1657898336203.jpg

2 - The pan they did of the back of the car towards the end (bad cropping is theirs):

back-shot.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Here's my small contribution:

1 - Front plate delete:

View attachment 7472

2 - The pan they did of the back of the car towards the end (bad cropping is theirs):

View attachment 7471
Interesting. The shot of the back shows the inside engine cover is missing, and there are two white test strips of some kind on the window.

The car looks quite different without the black pack doesn't it. Almost like a completely different model.

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don't think this is a production car as that laser would have picked up the rear boot misalignment. Its on many pre-production cars I have noticed. This could be a latching or moulding issue. I am sure it will be sorted before full production. Once you see it you can never unsee it.
back-shot-Edit-boot.jpg

OP
Citizen

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's interesting that the one car Matt said was an actual customer car, and now this latest yellow car, both clearly do not have that front gap.

I wonder if during testing and development, that rubber seal strip was put in there temporarily once they identified that location as a source of wind noise, and then had the bonnet slightly redesigned to eliminate that issue? You HAVE to know they saw the thread(s) on that gap issue on the forums. For testing and development they probably had a small run of the original bonnets in house and just used them while working out the update.

The gap wouldn't have been a big issue for Dark Verdant or Shadow Gray, but for the lighter colors it did certainly stand out. This will be a very pleasant update if in fact that gap is now no bigger than the other body gaps.

There’s recently a videoreview on YouTube and talks about that at 02:00min aproximately

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There’s recently a videoreview on YouTube and talks about that at 02:00min aproximately

I do appreciate the video link, but it doesn't really add much to the discussion, does it? Basically, all he said was "A lot of people don't like it, and there's talk that maybe it'll be improved on the final production car". But we already know that we all hate it, and the idea of it being improved for the final production version is, from what I can tell, probably nothing more than wishful thinking on our parts. 😕

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The title is misleading. Particularly for a CNC reviewing group of people, as they seem to be or something.

The people in the video, as far as I have determined, have stated:
A) the tri-laser system is as precise-consistent as doing so by hand in previous Lotuses.
B) it is being done to make it automated and more during the process which sounds great vs done more at the end.
C) it is not "accurate" but Precise. Precise means consistent in both any direction. Someone can precisely create a device that incinerates every owner perfectly in a small collision. For example.
D) every time they say "reliable" they quickly note that it is internally reliable, the products in themselves, relative to ONE ANOTHER. Not to other examples of vehicles.