• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The first Test-NC500

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not completely sold by My Emira,(no pleasing me it seems),I am taking it on a couple of road trips before I make a decision on whether it stays beyond summer.

1st trip- NC500

2nd trip,Switzerland, Como, Monaco in June.

There are a number of reasons why I'm in two minds, one being is it worth 40k more than a second hand toy that could be just as much fun,the other being the fact it just keeps killing my lower back-ive never had that in any caR before,even an s2 Elise.
Day 1 on the trip up to the start of NC500, my back was killing after an hour and remained so for 5 further hours.
The drive itself was fun,and faultless.
Almost at the 1000 mile point.

Day 2 - We surpassed the 1000 mile point and WOW , full revs,full welly, I love it even more,it flies at full revs.

One hour in,back is dead.
I've had enough,I'm trying what must be the only remaining possible position,full length arms and maximum leg distance,seat pointing down, by god,the next 5 hours I didn't feel a thing,could this be it???

The roads across some of the mountains were interesting in the Emira,but breathtaking.

I've got some video editing to do on my return,but for now,here's a few tasters

Attachments

• 20230320_131644.jpg
    20230320_131644.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 20230320_130549.jpg
    20230320_130549.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 20230320_083538.jpg
    20230320_083538.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 20230320_131552.jpg
    20230320_131552.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 20230320_131631.jpg
    20230320_131631.jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 171

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Not completely sold by My Emira,(no pleasing me it seems),I am taking it on a couple of road trips before I make a decision on whether it stays beyond summer.

1st trip- NC500

There are a number of reasons why I'm in two minds, one being is it worth 40k more than a second hand toy that could be just as much fun,the other being the fact it just keeps killing my lower back-ive never had that in any caR before,even an s2 Elise.
Day 1 on the trip up to the start of NC500, my back was killing after an hour and remained so for 5 further hours.

Day 2 - We surpassed the 1000 mile point and WOW , full revs,full welly, I love it even more,it flies at full revs.

I've had enough,I'm trying what must be the only remaining possible position,full length arms and maximum leg distance,seat pointing down, by god,the next 5 hours I didn't feel a thing,could this be it???

The roads across some of the mountains were interesting in the Emira,but breathtaking.

Just change the seats to something you are sure will not hurt your back.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score

1st trip- NC500

could I kindly ask for your stopover recommendations...I plan to do the NC500 with my son and his F-type just as soon as I get the Emira (hopefully April, but not had checkout yet)

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Gorgeous photos!! 😍 Just what I needed to brighten up my week; thanks for sharing! 👍

Wake

Reaction score
What a great trip. This is what I wanted to do on my Emira last summer but ended up taking the Type R instead. The views were absolutely breathtaking.

I want to do it again this summer but have most of my trips planned already Le mans, Normandy WW2 sites & Pyreneese in June/Jul. Alps + RWC group stages in September and then back in France for main event of the RWC, but given how England have been doing in the 6 nations I might go and do something else!

What are you doing for the Switzerland/Como trip? That sounds like a lot of fun!

Wake

Reaction score
could I kindly ask for your stopover recommendations...I plan to do the NC500 with my son and his F-type just as soon as I get the Emira (hopefully April, but not had checkout yet)
I did the trip last year. I guess it depends how long you want to take to do the trip, but I did east to west. Stayed in Inverness for 1 night then did:

Day 1 - Inverness to Wick. Stayed in an Airbnb Here.

Day 2 - Wick round to Tongue. Stayed at Salmons Landing. This was the best place we stayed. Really great and knowledgeable owners.

Things to consider - Dunnethead with the puffins in nesting season was really amazing!

Day 3 - Tongue to Ullapool. We struggled to find accommodation in Ullapool, lots of private rooms to rent. We booked 2 in the same house through Airbnb, that were in the same isolated part of the house. So was like booking the whole place.

Things to consider - Lochinver larder & Ullapool seashack had great food

Day 4 - Ullapool to Torridon. Again struggled with accommodation here, the Torridon was full but we stayed in the Torridon Estate (which is a different hotel). It was really new when we stayed so they were still finding their feet. Expensive and only okay, but might have improved loads since.

Things to consider - the Gille Brighde, was the best food we had on the trip and it’s a fantastic drive over a mountain pass from Torridon.

Day 5 - just finishing up things we wanted to do in the area and then headed back to Inverness.

This is getting a bit long now, but really great trip and some awesome roads. If you are shorter on time then I would just cut out wick and head straight for Thurso. Those roads were a bit meh.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I did the trip last year. I guess it depends how long you want to take to do the trip, but I did east to west. Stayed in Inverness for 1 night then did:

Day 1 - Inverness to Wick. Stayed in an Airbnb Here.

Day 2 - Wick round to Tongue. Stayed at Salmons Landing. This was the best place we stayed. Really great and knowledgeable owners.

Things to consider - Dunnethead with the puffins in nesting season was really amazing!

Day 3 - Tongue to Ullapool. We struggled to find accommodation in Ullapool, lots of private rooms to rent. We booked 2 in the same house through Airbnb, that were in the same isolated part of the house. So was like booking the whole place.

Things to consider - Lochinver larder & Ullapool seashack had great food

Day 4 - Ullapool to Torridon. Again struggled with accommodation here, the Torridon was full but we stayed in the Torridon Estate (which is a different hotel). It was really new when we stayed so they were still finding their feet. Expensive and only okay, but might have improved loads since.

Things to consider - the Gille Brighde, was the best food we had on the trip and it’s a fantastic drive over a mountain pass from Torridon.

Day 5 - just finishing up things we wanted to do in the area and then headed back to Inverness.

This is getting a bit long now, but really great trip and some awesome roads. If you are shorter on time then I would just cut out wick and head straight for Thurso. Those roads were a bit meh.

Thank you for the full reply...this is indeed very helpful!

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What a great trip. This is what I wanted to do on my Emira last summer but ended up taking the Type R instead. The views were absolutely breathtaking.

I want to do it again this summer but have most of my trips planned already Le mans, Normandy WW2 sites & Pyreneese in June/Jul. Alps + RWC group stages in September and then back in France for main event of the RWC, but given how England have been doing in the 6 nations I might go and do something else!

What are you doing for the Switzerland/Como trip? That sounds like a lot of fun!
Lucerne,interlaken,grimselpass,furkapass,gotthardpass to Como,then on to Monaco!

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you are heading up that way, you HAVE to do the Old military road across the Cairngorms - was the road that Sam from Seen through glass took the Emira on...
We came back that way,took a few videos but may have been abit naughty with the speed to post...

Beerwolf

Reaction score
I’m guessing you’ve played with the fully electrically adjustable lumbar support? Mine took a bit of tweaking at first, but it feels pretty good now. Loving the trip photos!

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m guessing you’ve played with the fully electrically adjustable lumbar support? Mine took a bit of tweaking at first, but it feels pretty good now. Loving the trip photos!
1850 miles in now.
I managed to find a great position at 1200 miles in,2 days ago,back is actually fine now.

Just found it very odd as have never had an issue with all the cars I've had,quite unexpected, maybe the offset pedals?
Thankfully all good for now.

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Arrived back home last night,will give a full write up soon and edit some videos for size here.

What a journey though,considering the cars faults when I first got it, it did not miss a beat on this 1400 mile trip.

The power was always there,ran smoothly, the tour suspension handled the awful condition single paths around the mountains and coastline.
After an average of 6 hours driving each day the engine wasn't overheating,the strange oil smell I got on start up and finish previously has now gone (ran in).

I finally met the 1000 mile point and gave it full wellie, what a different car at full pelt,immense enough for the roads.

In summary, whilst not the right car to do something like the Applecross pass in,it was the right car for the journey,it was epic,faultless and a pleasure to be in.

24 hours of driving over 4 days and I couldn't wait to get back into the car each morning.

Attachments

• 20230322_091412.jpg
    20230322_091412.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230321_145140.jpg
    20230321_145140.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230320_131652.jpg
    20230320_131652.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 63

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds like a great trip. For those of us in the U.S. with long waits till the car arrives, it's fun to live vicariously through European owners' experiences. Look forward to your full report and videos.

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I did make a video of the NC500 trip,but
1) its far too large
2) it has some naughty dash numbers on there....

In a separate note,it will be a different,unique colour altogether "soon"....

Hear, hear! And while we're at it, time to call out other HY LBP members for more photos of their cars too. @Lots_Of_Trouble 😁

Attachments

• IMG-20230323-WA0041.jpg
    IMG-20230323-WA0041.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-20230323-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20230323-WA0038.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230322_091359.jpg
    20230322_091359.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230321_145217.jpg
    20230321_145217.jpg