The EmiraForum "The Hethel Arms" pub and chat

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Looking forward to the weekend to fill my shiny oh-so-mid-life-crisis-red R8 with (too much!!) fuel and smile like a kid again

#forthebellends

6E86CA43-C7D8-4707-BDF8-959765D9E738.jpeg

Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just a little story from elsewhere in the automotive universe.

Here in the states we have a "clean vehicle tax credit" that can get us a tax savings of up to $7,500 for buying a plug-in vehicle. I've claimed it in the past on my Tesla and Jeep 4XE and was thinking about picking up a Chevy Bolt this year as a runabout. The Bolt is the cheapest EV in the US, and after the credit costs only ~$19,000.

So I ordered a Bolt back in the first week of January, and was told by the dealer that it should arrive by March. March came and went. I wasn't too fussed about it, wasn't even sure if I was going to go through with the purchase. Then GM announced they would discontinue the Bolt after 2023 and I got thinking, whatever happened to my order?

Chevy has an automated chat where you can give them your order number and get a status. I submitted mine and, 5 months after submitting my order (and 2 months after I was told it would arrive) received the message "Your order has been submitted by your dealer, but has not yet been accepted by GM".

So I emailed my dealer asking what was up, and if this was typical. I ordered from a local dealer that is the highest volume Bolt dealer in the USA. It's been 4 days now, crickets. No reply.

So I don't know if there's comfort here, knowing that the order experience seems to be broken everywhere, but I raise a glass here in Hethel Arms and toast to patience.