The “only say nice things” thread

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You’re all welcome of course to say whatever you like but I thought I’d start a thread where negative comments are banned 😆

I wanted to give a shout out to the Lotus staff. I’ve had the pleasure to talk to several now both in person and on the phone and everyone has been friendly, helpful and passionate. Had the good fortune to speak to Gavin recently and he was an amazing ambassador for the brand. I didn’t have a detailed conversation with him because he’d easily confuse me but he’s clearly very knowledgeable and capable. Super friendly chap as well. Sorry I can’t remember the names of everyone else I’ve spoken to 😬

The car looks stunning. It stands it’s own against cars 2-3 times it’s price. Nothing in the world is perfect but the Emira is an amazing package for the money.

I think the car is a perfect size. Big enough to be comfortable but small enough to feel confident driving on British roads. From the little I’ve heard it sounds great as well and for me it’s a nice blend of sports car with everyday usability.

Being in a position to own a car this special is a privilege and I’ll happily wait. Whether it’s a Christmas, Easter or Halloween present I don’t care. Maybe it’s because I’ve been unwell for a while but seriously none of the small stuff matters. If you have your health AND you’re getting an Emira you’re doing well in life 🙂

Thank you all for the constant entertainment and information on this forum. Hopefully I’ve fulfilled my mission of not imparting much useful information- I’ll leave that in the capable hands of Tom 👍🏻

Wishing you all a lovely day. Let’s bring on the positivity 😊

I'd like to say what a great forum this is. With many many lovely members and incredibly detailed and informative content. Thank you everyone for your input 🍻 👏
Be great to see how it grows in the future!
What a great thread, remember Leonard you were previously known as Mr Grumpy Pants on here so i'm not sure you qualify. lol

What a great thread, remember Leonard you were previously known as Mr Grumpy Pants on here so i'm not sure you qualify. lol
🤐
EDuonnJXoAEmIAt.jpeg

Big thanks to Scott Walker and Stewart Croucher for facilitating/driving - I managed to get the last passenger ride up the hill at Goodwood on Friday in the Hethel car. No pictures or video, but it's all been seen and said on here already!

Last edited:
No no no no, this thread is just wrong, Leonard saying nice things, there is something very dark about this... Ahhhh, what, wait, he hasn't actually complimented the car!!! just the forum
Well I will half repeat what I said previously, yes, anyone with an Emira on order is an extraordinarily lucky person, unless they have had to sell their house and intend to live in it of course, and even then....
To complain here about all the little crap issues we have is understanable, but lets not take the whole thing too serious, my God, how lucky we all are!!
Anyway, repeating myself again, I think the Emira is the best looking car (ignoring all other factors, engine, CS, whatever) that has come out of any car company for the last.... well since the Alfa Romeo 8C IMHBO. and that was a good looking car:

1656249161594.png

The Emira is, and I havent even seen it in the flesh yet, stunning!

When I explained the potential ordering delays to my wife recently (I'm one of those who ordered very late), she asked me "what if you just doubled your Emira budget and looked at a more expensive sports car that you can purchase sooner, what would you buy then?". I didn't have an answer. The truth is even at a much higher price, I can't think of a single car that makes me as excited as the Emira. I can't wait... But I'll wait and it will 100% be worth it.

And on the topic of positivity, thanks to all of the users who invest the time to post valuable information that's difficult to find elsewhere. Particularly Tom_E! I read through all of his detailed explanations over the last few weeks to get a much better grasp of the car's systems and components.

When I explained the potential ordering delays to my wife recently (I'm one of those who ordered very late), she asked me "what if you just doubled your Emira budget and looked at a more expensive sports car that you can purchase sooner, what would you buy then?". I didn't have an answer. The truth is even at a much higher price, I can't think of a single car that makes me as excited as the Emira. I can't wait... But I'll wait and it will 100% be worth it.

And on the topic of positivity, thanks to all of the users who invest the time to post valuable information that's difficult to find elsewhere. Particularly Tom_E! I read through all of his detailed explanations over the last few weeks to get a much better grasp of the car's systems and components.
In the spirit of positivity I won't reply in respect to double budget 😆
But a massive thumbs up 👍 to your obviously wonderful and understanding other half 👏 😁

The Cayman is a nice competitor …
??? What?
Fits the thread title doesn’t it? ;)
ok ok the Emira is a really nice “ other sports car” :)
kidding aside one of the nicest things is by and large this forum is made of members who are passionate, well connected to the brand, knowledgeable and able to disagree without being disagreeable. Always a pleasure to pop by!!

You’re all welcome of course to say whatever you like but I thought I’d start a thread where negative comments are banned 😆

I wanted to give a shout out to the Lotus staff. I’ve had the pleasure to talk to several now both in person and on the phone and everyone has been friendly, helpful and passionate. Had the good fortune to speak to Gavin recently and he was an amazing ambassador for the brand. I didn’t have a detailed conversation with him because he’d easily confuse me but he’s clearly very knowledgeable and capable. Super friendly chap as well. Sorry I can’t remember the names of everyone else I’ve spoken to 😬

The car looks stunning. It stands it’s own against cars 2-3 times it’s price. Nothing in the world is perfect but the Emira is an amazing package for the money.

I think the car is a perfect size. Big enough to be comfortable but small enough to feel confident driving on British roads. From the little I’ve heard it sounds great as well and for me it’s a nice blend of sports car with everyday usability.

Being in a position to own a car this special is a privilege and I’ll happily wait. Whether it’s a Christmas, Easter or Halloween present I don’t care. Maybe it’s because I’ve been unwell for a while but seriously none of the small stuff matters. If you have your health AND you’re getting an Emira you’re doing well in life 🙂

Thank you all for the constant entertainment and information on this forum. Hopefully I’ve fulfilled my mission of not imparting much useful information- I’ll leave that in the capable hands of Tom 👍🏻

Wishing you all a lovely day. Let’s bring on the positivity 😊
Nice!
May your wheel gap be filled with fellowship
and ride height reach your dreams.

For us that unfortunately couldn’t get to FOS ( doing Barcelona vibes ) I’d like to thank all the wonderful photos and videos and first hand impressions, further insights from Lotus heads and driving impressions. Thank you very much appreciated- only one thing my Hubby really wishes car comes soon as he’s astounded 😯 how much talking one person can do about one car over and over and over and over continuously lol

We are all lucky to have the possibility to even buy one. Enjoy the wait, do some stretching exercises (it's still a Lotus) and save for the deposit of the final edition, ultra light, true green, no wheel gap, no front plate, smooth shifting, perfectly tight seat covers, 450hp V6 version

I would find it annoying if they brought out a 450HP V6 version - it might come between me and my beloved First Edition.

They might not do this with the V6. The V6 run might end earlier that we thought and only the i4 DCT gets used and forms the basis of more powerful version. GT @ 400HP, then cup at 440HP, for example. I hope it goes that way so the V6 remains 'special'.

I would find it annoying if they brought out a 450HP V6 version - it might come between me and my beloved First Edition.

They might not do this with the V6. The V6 run might end earlier that we thought and only the i4 DCT gets used and forms the basis of more powerful version. GT @ 400HP, then cup at 440HP, for example. I hope it goes that way so the V6 remains 'special'.
EVO magazine have already stated there will be a GT430 model in 2024. It was said with some conviction so assume it came from Lotus

Yeah, that is what people currently believe. Doesn't mean it will happen of course.
The way things are going and, if this continues, it becomes less and less likely

If they - I still think it will be just over £100K, I'll go for £105K - like to think an i4 DCT high-powered version would come under £100.

Ha. if they do release details of a V6 430 Cup soon, the it will piss a lot of people off who have waited patiently for a normal one.

Yeah, that is what people currently believe. Doesn't mean it will happen of course.
The way things are going and, if this continues, it becomes less and less likely

If they - I still think it will be just over £100K, I'll go for £105K - like to think an i4 DCT high-powered version would come under £100.

Ha. if they do release details of a V6 430 Cup soon, the it will piss a lot of people off who have waited patiently for a normal one.
Tom has confirmed this will be done if memory serves and it makes perfect sense from various angles; its not even about profit at the end of the day. They clearly dont need to make the car, but if they can make a car that could realistically compete with the top boys in the segment, ie the GT4, then its all about reputation and marketing and helping future sales across the board, so from a business point of view I would be 98% sure it will happen, but not until 2023 at least.
I dont think it will annoy that many current customers, as we have previously established the vast majority are not racers and not even sports suspension types, never mind an even stiffer suspension and noisier car. Also most, including myself, would not want a wopping great spoiler logged on to the back of the car, and finally, many would not want to pay the extra 20 / 30 / 40 or 60 k, if we go from the base price of the car which many people will take.
For me it would be truly interesting to see if its even possible to make anything that comes close to a GT4 and still be usable. However, then think thats not even the best porsche did as they have the latest iteration now which is even faster.
its not a world I see myself entering, but it will be interesting to follow and if they do it, then despite the current Emira not being about the numbers, that one would really need to be IMO.

Visiting the Lotus stand at Goodwood, it struck me they are one of very few manufacturers where these events are staffed by employees from development, design, production engineering, product and customer care rather than just marketing folks and temporary event-hosting contractors.

It's great to be able to talk to people like Gavan and his team, to hear directly from the people who have developed the Emira and hear their enthusiasm for the car. They had lots of people interested in the car, keen to look at it and sit in it, plus plenty of tyre-kickers and excited-looking kids - all treated with the same engagement and enthusiasm.

And of course they had plenty of deposit holders, keen to see the car (sometimes for the first time) and various polite and not so polite questions about delays and customer care. All the Lotus folks tried to answer questions and went off to find people who could answer something if they didn't know. At one point I had 4 people looking in documentation, crawling over cars and phoning back to Hethel to find answers to my (our) more obscure questions.

Enthusiastic, helpful, engaged.

#uslot