Test Drives

Macca4062

Reaction score
Just spoken to customer service.
Seems that we should be able to test drive the car before final lock in. Currently they are deciding whether it will be at pop up events or at the dealers (agents)
Test drive and final deposit 'early next year'
Finanace 'early next year' but before final deposit
Hi New to this forum I was at Hethel on Saturday they confirmed track day test the Emira and factory tour so I handed over the cash but mine will not be available until late 2022/2023. Also found out that the i4 will have power upgrades right thought it’s life so I was told may run this engine like Mercedes up to 504bhp. But not happening on the V6…

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did they say anything about likely timing of starting to do that factory tour and test?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s great, good to hear they’re organising these. Obviously they’ll have production cars by then - hopefully they’ll work something similar out for early next year for the first 500 deposit holders.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
On Wednesday (3rd) I was informed that dealers should get their demonstrators around "early April 2022" and that UK deposits were at 2,700.

I haven't put a deposit down yet, but, should I do so after the viewing tomorrow (7th), I am looking at a delivery date in 2023. In the meantime, the Exige S RGB will have to do - whether it stays or goes depends on a test drive in an Emira.

At any rate, I hope Lotus refrain from letting every YouTube influencer out there have a go in the Emira as Toyota appeared to have done with the GR Yaris, which only served to dilute what is a cracking driver's car.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
On Wednesday (3rd) I was informed that dealers should get their demonstrators around "early April 2022" and that UK deposits were at 2,700.

I haven't put a deposit down yet, but, should I do so after the viewing tomorrow (7th), I am looking at a delivery date in 2023. In the meantime, the Exige S RGB will have to do - whether it stays or goes depends on a test drive in an Emira.

At any rate, I hope Lotus refrain from letting every YouTube influencer out there have a go in the Emira as Toyota appeared to have done with the GR Yaris, which only served to dilute what is a cracking driver's car.
As noted above, here is why:

My Mandarin is not that good,.... but from what I understand, he says don't buy the EMIR

Any Mandarin speakers out there who can decipher what exactly was said in the videos?

cjtangmi

Reaction score
As noted above, here is why:

My Mandarin is not that good,.... but from what I understand, he says don't buy the EMIR

Any Mandarin speakers out there who can decipher what exactly was said in the videos?
He said nothing of particular value, he's paid to do this "static" review of the car, only to give a basic run down of the features and stuff cuz the demo car doesn't run.

At the end he mentioned Lotus has received over 5000 orders for the Emira in the overseas market (overseas to China), and Lotus has a production capability of 5k/year, so if you want one, put the deposit down now.

Generally tho, it's a really dumb move for Lotus to pay these influencers to introduce a non-functioning demo car and NOT EVEN ALLOW THEM TO GET INSIDE. Also the fact that at the moment, Lotus China only announced the FE with its shocking price (more expensive than a loaded Cayman S in China) didn't help the marketing as well. No information regarding the base edition whatsoever.