Test drives and final stage of buying process for UK July delivery batch

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I placed my Emira deposit I fully expected to have to buy sight unseen and not get a test drive. I’d been through the same process with the Evora launch. I was comfortable I knew enough and had enough contacts to consider that as an acceptable risk.

The difference with Evora was the level of comms from factory and dealer. Also, groups of us were invited to Hethel several times to meet the development team and see prototypes and production. Emira is on a different scale but I’d hoped for better comms than we’ve had.

Part of the problem is Lotus suggesting (since Dec) that we’d get test drives before having to commit. Then not making progress on that and the usual “coming soon” non-updates.

The lack of info plus stuff from leaks and reviews makes me more concerned about the seats (and a few minor things) and so more inclined to get a test drive if it’s offered. I’ll still take the car without a test drive and keep my fingers crossed.

This whole process could have been handled so much better. I’m trying not to let it seriously spoil my enjoyment of the car. It would be great to have a growing sense of excitement at this stage. But frankly I’m just trying not to get even more annoyed by the terrible customer care and am holding on to get my car.

After that it’ll be great and hopefully I’ll have no further need to deal with Lotus HQ or the direct sales channel.
Tom, you have every right to voice your opinion and agree with your assessment. At the end of the day Lotus is considering itself a luxury brand and should conduct itself as such. Comm's and managing expectations are a part of their job. I for one am a little tired of giving a pass to sub standard service and have watch the decline of customer service from many corporations over the years. We as consumers of 100K + sports cars from a niche brand are entitled (in fact expected) to a certain level of customer service. When that service expectation is not met, we should strongly voice those concerns at the maximum level possible. I am tired of excuses.

We all have deposits on a vehicle, and with that carries a certain expectation. Lotus does not have the dealer network to lean on and must do better from HQ because of it. If they haven't, then perhaps they weren't ready to become a global brand and perhaps not ready for my money either.

Wanted to add that - It seems according to Tom that the service/experience during the Evora launch and his purchase then was a far superior experience. I hope for all our sakes that this decline does not translate into the vehicle it self. Generally, that is what unfortunately happens.

Last edited:

Mickle

Reaction score
Tom, I know you're a customer like the rest of us and the process has been less than perfect, but you have to remember that as a leader in the community many people are looking up to you and with a stroke of a pen you can cause sour taste and in turn cancellations.
From what I’ve seen, Tom has passed on concerns and complaints around comms multiple times to Lotus. They really have had every opportunity to rectify our worries of locking in an unknown spec, or the early depositors receiving a car having not driven one.

Like Evotion, I’m excited regardless but fortunate to not be at the front of the queue.

daniel heald

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, Tom has passed on concerns and complaints around comms multiple times to Lotus. They really have had every opportunity to rectify our worries of locking in an unknown spec, or the early depositors receiving a car having not driven one.

Like Evotion, I’m excited regardless but fortunate to not be at the front of the queue.
I do get the frustration. Lotus could have said more. They are a small company with little power over many of their suppliers is my guess. When the parts do not arrive at the factory for assembly then cars can't be assembled. How do you communicate this with out upsetting your suppliers? Not an easy situation to be in. There is no way out, just pray and pray some more than the parts will arrive and production can start.

On another area of fun. I had a Boxter S of suitable vintage to upgrade when the 718 came out. Drove it and could not pull the trigger to purchase. Good solid, faster better than old car. Just an emotional not quite right. The dealer salesperson was too well dressed, earns too much for my tatste. I can understand why. he managed to get my options list upto fifty percent more than the price of the car! Also the frequent almost condescending "We are Porsche we do it this way" "We have the key on the left of the steering column because of our racing heritage sir, perhaps your not aware of our victories at Le Mans. It allows you to start the car more quickly than when it is on the righ hand side".

Inside I am fuming, the drivers running accross the track thing stopped in 19769/70 or there abouts and all subsequent races are a rolling grid start for saftey, seat belts and you salesperson are still using this as a marketing plus. The pigs were flying very low that year in my view.

The 718 does everything better than the old car, just not connecting with it at all. I read the journos comments good car, fatser etc but missing the flat six. Here we are some seven years latter. Porsche have swalloweed their pride and dropped a flat six in the 718 and made the car the Cayman/Boxster could be from their parts bin. This must have been eating a lot of humble pie for Porsche management. Imagine Stutgart reading the reviews of the 718 as they came in! All that investment in the flat four which can only really be used in a Porsche within the VAG and the flat six is wanted.

So here we are Emira is being compared to the flat six 718, the car Porsch said they had no intention to make.

A certain sense of schadenfreude might be emanating from the desks at Stutgart.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m really looking forward to getting the car. But as everyone knows, the whole buying experience has dampened the excitement for me.

Even the handling of this final month is frustrating - no info, no comms unless I contact Lotus, it’s all “coming soon”, no appreciation that people might have other things going on that we’re trying to plan test drives and car pickup around.

I decided a few months ago that Lotus weren’t going to improve the customer experience, despite telling me three times they would. So I’ve reset my expectations to a very low level. If Lotus actually do something they’ve said they would that’ll be a bonus.

Sad, as it could’ve been so much better. At this point I just want the car and don’t want to have to deal with Lotus pre-sales process any more. I cancelled my Eletre deposit.
Tom,
I've done a lot of reading on here and you have been stellar in your work both here and with Lotus. More fool them if they don't address the issues you raise... You're a voice representing many folk.
It saddens me that your buying experience has been diluted as Lotus should be enhancing yours compared to the standard. Those who go the extra mile should be recognised.
I don't think we should excuse Lotus in anyway for their poor comms and failure to clarify confusions. They have a lot of money backing them now. They are not a group of people in a shed screwing cars together and more. They should be better.
I hope the car hits the mark for you. If not, I'll buy it off you... Oh no, you're getting HY... Maybe not😉

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Also wanted to add one more point to this discussion. Lotus has around 1,500 employees and is backed by a massive company that is Geely, which injected a big sum of money to get the Emira right and get the company into a position to go global/mainstream. They have approx 6-8k in customer deposits for the Emira which is more than they probably expected. For a company the size of Lotus (which by auto companies is small) to give good to above average service to it's deposit holders, many of whom are completely new to the brand, should be an absolute priority. It just feels that they don't consider it a priority.

But Russel Carr did design an absolute beauty and I believe Gavin gave it some thing special as well. That's why I am still here.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m really looking forward to getting the car. But as everyone knows, the whole buying experience has dampened the excitement for me.

Even the handling of this final month is frustrating - no info, no comms unless I contact Lotus, it’s all “coming soon”, no appreciation that people might have other things going on that we’re trying to plan test drives and car pickup around.

I decided a few months ago that Lotus weren’t going to improve the customer experience, despite telling me three times they would. So I’ve reset my expectations to a very low level. If Lotus actually do something they’ve said they would that’ll be a bonus.

Sad, as it could’ve been so much better. At this point I just want the car and don’t want to have to deal with Lotus pre-sales process any more. I cancelled my Eletre deposit.
As I've said before, manufacturers have no customer facing dna, it's all with traditional retailers, so it will be a long time for them to understand and change(if they ever do).

I'm a big believer that management measuring sticks drive behaviour and at Lotus it may be x cars per day and that will dominate behaviour.

At retailers its x transactions per week [typically] and that drives behaviour....very different in that good/satisfied customer relations make transactions easier.

So Tom, you finally have your expectations in the real world😎

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
same standard customer service message today, nothing believeable or solid:

"
I apologise that there has been a lack of contact, we are currently awaiting a further update from the factory in regards to orders and test drives

We are hoping to have test drives available in the next few weeks, but will confirm this once we have an update from HQ"

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@TomE, I would like to add to the chorus of compliments for your service to this forum. You have filled the void for many of us that Lotus themselves has left. Your clarity and candor shows you are simply a customer, like the rest of us, albeit a very even-keeled, articulate and pragmatic one. Those of us that fell outside the FE party can only observe with varying amounts of amusement, envy and confusion at the machinations of the UK purchasing process and the tribulations of other early depositors. The UK has the "home field advantage", but also are on the bleeding edge of the buying experience. (We have our own foibles here in the US, but that's another story.)

I agree with previous sentiments that it is hard to project retail sensibilities on a wholesale manufacturer. However, Lotus themselves made the choice to go direct-to-consumer and thus should have accounted for what would be needed in this area as much as they did for the design and construction of the product itself. One thing is for certain in this social media age - DTC brands must deeply engage with their customers and deliver not just a product, but an experience. For God's sake, if companies selling shaving supplies, mattresses, exercise equipment and underwear can develop deep relationships with their customers, certainly the maker of probably the most striking sports car of the past few decades could create a reasonably engaging customer experience.

It's really a story of missed opportunity. Others have said this too - there are so many relatively modest things that could have been done along the way to make the past year's journey an experience that matches the quality of the car's suspension and handling. We should all have been "floating over the road" as we watched the process unfold. A simple monthly update that established a "story arc" would have been easy to implement and could have easily steered clear of any controversial topics of timing and delivery specifics. A key tenet of show business is "always leave the audience wanting more" and this could have been achieved.

In it's absence we thankfully have had Tom and the rest of the members of this forum to keep us occupied. Thank goodness for that. But alas, here we are on the threshold of customer deliveries and all this will fade in to history and myth. Roll on July!

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@TomE, I would like to add to the chorus of compliments for your service to this forum. You have filled the void for many of us that Lotus themselves has left. Your clarity and candor shows you are simply a customer, like the rest of us, albeit a very even-keeled, articulate and pragmatic one. Those of us that fell outside the FE party can only observe with varying amounts of amusement, envy and confusion at the machinations of the UK purchasing process and the tribulations of other early depositors. The UK has the "home field advantage", but also are on the bleeding edge of the buying experience. (We have our own foibles here in the US, but that's another story.)

I agree with previous sentiments that it is hard to project retail sensibilities on a wholesale manufacturer. However, Lotus themselves made the choice to go direct-to-consumer and thus should have accounted for what would be needed in this area as much as they did for the design and construction of the product itself. One thing is for certain in this social media age - DTC brands must deeply engage with their customers and deliver not just a product, but an experience. For God's sake, if companies selling shaving supplies, mattresses, exercise equipment and underwear can develop deep relationships with their customers, certainly the maker of probably the most striking sports car of the past few decades could create a reasonably engaging customer experience.

It's really a story of missed opportunity. Others have said this too - there are so many relatively modest things that could have been done along the way to make the past year's journey an experience that matches the quality of the car's suspension and handling. We should all have been "floating over the road" as we watched the process unfold. A simple monthly update that established a "story arc" would have been easy to implement and could have easily steered clear of any controversial topics of timing and delivery specifics. A key tenet of show business is "always leave the audience wanting more" and this could have been achieved.

In it's absence we thankfully have had Tom and the rest of the members of this forum to keep us occupied. Thanks goodness for that. But alas, here we are on the threshold of customer deliveries and all this will fade in to history and myth. Roll on July!
I agree. I look back on some of my posts and comments which were born in no small part out of frustration, and I think if I'd had the access to parts of Lotus that Tom has, I most certainly would have done some things differently, but I didn't. My apologies to the forum for any of my posts that may have contributed to the frustrations.

I also think back on how much valuable info he was able to give us, and if it hadn't been for that, what exactly would we have even had for the past year? How many would have cancelled their deposit simply due to an utter lack of any useful information from Lotus? They desperately needed a PR liaison for the forum, which represented a good number of deposit holders, and if it hadn't been for Tom, we'd have been completely in the dark pretty much this whole time.

Their saving grace is the car itself, and I'm still all-in for one, but I truly hope they improve the PR side of things because if it hadn't been for Tom and the limited info he was at least able to share with us, they might have had more cancellations than they realize.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm obviously not shy in coming forward, as a disappointed new Lotus customer
If I was a long-standing Lotus customer I would probably be distraught and livid in equal measure.
I think Tom has managed his expectations and decorum on this forum better than any. At this point seeing a little emotion regarding where we are at after a full year of false promises, isnt really to be unexpected lol.
Respect to you Tom for being a Lotus ambassador of the highest order, but not at the expense of being blinkered to their shortcomings.
I honestly hand on heart hope this new car manages to meet existing Lotus owners expectations as well as appeal to the wider market.
Now wheres my test drive ;)
I have three Loti already this will be the 4th.

I also got a Taycan 4S in Feb ordered in April last year not long after the Emira.

Its my first Porsche and the experience was at best rubbish. We actually go two both came with bits deleted from the spec due to 'parts availability'. I have a mate who has had several new porkers and his experience has also been rubbish (same dealer).

For info the car is incredible..

So far this experience with Lotus has been way over the top in some respects and lacking in others.

I started with no expectations at all other than at some point I'll probably get a car. This has not changed.

I also ordered auto and touring. If I want to go out for 1/2 hour to shake my teeth out, stir the wobbly stick, buckle my precious rare rimstocks, stink of burnt and unburnt fuel, get a bit more deaf, piss off namby pamby greenies then I shall pull the cover off my S1 Exige.

Not really sure why one would want a track focussed 1400kg car on the road, Each to his own.

I'm not as old as Harry but I only now listen to him as I can relate to him and I also own two of the same cars he has - he almost always makes sense to me.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@TomE do you think Lotus cutting the dealers out of 90% of the loop is part of the problem? I know B&C have always been great whenever I've spoken to them and I've not owned a Lotus for 15+ years. Lotus trying to control all info and comms has left lots of people just having no information?

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Also wanted to add one more point to this discussion. Lotus has around 1,500 employees and is backed by a massive company that is Geely, which injected a big sum of money to get the Emira right and get the company into a position to go global/mainstream. They have approx 6-8k in customer deposits for the Emira which is more than they probably expected. For a company the size of Lotus (which by auto companies is small) to give good to above average service to it's deposit holders, many of whom are completely new to the brand, should be an absolute priority. It just feels that they don't consider it a priority.

But Russel Carr did design an absolute beauty and I believe Gavin gave it some thing special as well. That's why I am still here.
Yeah, with my usual Lotus Defender hat on, we do have to remember that, despite Emira bashers saying it is a revamped Evora, the Emira is a very new car from a company so small, with a huge amount of testing and due dilligence to do, that to get anywhere close to a massively invested and evolved Cayman is nothing short of a miracle.

Yes, we know and they know they have dropped the ball on customer service, thus far, and comms, but the high quality of the car is the first priority for me and from what Tom and I saw, and what we WILL see in finished car reviews, we should celebrate that.

I suspect we are 2 years away from the 'new' Lotus getting it right. They are practically a new-re-startup.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah, with my usual Lotus Defender hat on, we do have to remember that, despite Emira bashers saying it is a revamped Evora, the Emira is a very new car from a company so small, with a huge amount of testing and due dilligence to do, that to get anywhere close to a massively invested and evolved Cayman is nothing short of a miracle.

Yes, we know and they know they have dropped the ball on customer service, thus far, and comms, but the high quality of the car is the first priority for me and from what Tom and I saw, and what we WILL see in finished car reviews, we should celebrate that.

I suspect we are 2 years away from the 'new' Lotus getting it right. They are practically a new-re-startup.
I don’t even see “revamped Evora” as a bad thing. I love my Evora!

:)

#ForTheOptimist

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE do you think Lotus cutting the dealers out of 90% of the loop is part of the problem? I know B&C have always been great whenever I've spoken to them and I've not owned a Lotus for 15+ years. Lotus trying to control all info and comms has left lots of people just having no information?
I think it’s a huge contributing factor, particularly in the UK. Lotus decided to move to a direct model and started implementing it visibly last year. All UK dealers were told their role and contract was changing, some left, some new ones were added and some stayed.

They’ve had to commit to investing in upgrading to the new branding and retail template for showrooms. They‘ve had no new cars to sell since Elise/Exige/Evora production stopped last year. In theory the new agency model should reduce their capital and operating costs. But also their sales commissions.

And then Lotus cut them off completely from any comms about Emira. Some said they got more info from social media than from Hethel. Some gave up trying to answer customer questions and referred people to Customer Services. They don’t know yet which customers are opting for delivery to dealer. They don’t know delivery dates. It must be very frustrating for them.

But it isn’t just a consequence of the new UK agency model. Dealers in other countries have also been kept in the dark and have been frustrated at not being able to answer customer questions. The North America 2022 allocations and cap on FEs was a surprise.

They all had some briefings in March and had the recent dealer conference at Hethel, which included updates on Electre and Types 133-135. They can see a pipeline of new models and opportunities for more sales and aftercare.

But it all still depends on Hethel communicating to dealers and customers, which is worse now than 2-3 years ago and not getting better.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In a way, I somewhat do wish Lotus to fail so that maybe they will finally learn and make changes internally. If their goal is to attain new customers, they have not dressed to impress. I’m getting more annoyed by the day. I mean, even former and current Lotus owners are getting frustrated. What is going on internally over at Hethel?! They should have hired some of us here on the forum as I am sure we would have done a better job.

There’s a 5% chance that Lotus will pull a “just kidding” car and the final production car will be magical. One can only hope.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom, I know you're a customer like the rest of us and the process has been less than perfect, but you have to remember that as a leader in the community many people are looking up to you and with a stroke of a pen you can cause sour taste and in turn cancellations.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post your feelings online, you absolutely should, but you're not at a point yet where you're picking up your car sight unseen. It's frustrating and infuriating at times, I share your frustration, there are many of us who's feelings ebb and flow.... but again, until we come to a hard deadline, not soft promises, it may be premature to unload publicly. For all you know Lotus may pick up the phone and call you tomorrow with the offer, but the damage will already have been done - even if you update your post with new information, there's no guarantee people who've read the first post will read the next one.

Just my thoughts however. You're not employed by Lotus, you're entitled to your feelings and you're entitled to venting however you like.... but my urge is to step away, take a breath and let's see what happens. You shouldn't have to be in that position, none of us should be, but at least temper the message until we have more facts.
I didn’t get time to respond to this on Thursday when you posted it and wanted to write a properly considered reply. Things have moved on with the thread but I want to come back to this.

I think most of my post was pretty factual. In expressing my frustration I‘ve tried to give some context. People can disagree with my reasons or my reaction to things but at least they know why.

This isn’t specifically about test drives (which all through last year I’d have been OK with not getting) but about that as the latest example of the poor customer care and zero evidence of improvement.

I wonder sometimes what would have happened if I hadn’t joined this forum (I didn’t at the start as I was already active on existing ones) and had just taken a more laid back approach. It might have been less stressful. Certainly much less time-consuming. But it’s about the owners community I’ve been part of for 25 years. And the two strands of helping each other out and of the relationship we have between owners and with staff at Hethel and the dealers and indies. And about welcoming and helping new people joining that. Maybe it is really a cult!

There are plenty of existing owners bemoaning the move to EVs and SUVs, the extra weight of the cars, not following Chapman’s principles etc. Ten years ago a few of those also criticised the Evora for breaking with Lotus tradition. I don’t want to be a “hark back to the good old days” guy. New Lotus has got some great opportunities, amazing levels of investment and a bright future. Change is good but not easy.

I don’t think New Lotus is too bothered about the previous customer demographic. At least not the ones who still wish Lotus made 750kg track machines that sold in the low thousands - because those people didn’t buy frequently enough and weren’t going to buy enough £50/75/100k cars.

You‘re all aware of some of the discussions I’ve had with Lotus. There has been other stuff I haven’t shared. Some because I was asked not to publish info about the car. Some about what’s going on inside Lotus, as it’s not fair to say too much about that. And lastly there’s stuff about how Lotus have treated me - as a customer and a community member.

Some of it has been shabby, disheartening, condescending and rude. I’ve been “warned off” from pushing on some topics. I’ve found out some of my feedback has been discounted because I’m apparently part of the “old guard” Lotus community and a trouble maker and not the target demographic for New Lotus. I could give more examples but won’t. It doesn’t affect you folks and your buying journey, which we all know and talk about anyway.

As I said, I’m excited to be getting the car next month. It’ll be amazing. I’m looking forward to sharing my Emira adventures and meeting other owners and being part of the community. I have a great dealer and they will look after me. I should only need to see them once a year and hopefully will deal with HQ even less.

I’m a customer and community member. I’m not a Lotus rep or ambassador, nor a forum rep or shop steward representing a group of owners to Lotus. I try to be an enthusiast without being blinkered. And I try to challenge what’s not working without being unreasonable or overly-emotional.

It‘s now day 11 of being able to say “my new car will be here next month” 💛🖤

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I didn’t get time to respond to this on Thursday when you posted it and wanted to write a properly considered reply. Things have moved on with the thread but I want to come back to this.

I think most of my post was pretty factual. In expressing my frustration I‘ve tried to give some context. People can disagree with my reasons or my reaction to things but at least they know why.

This isn’t specifically about test drives (which all through last year I’d have been OK with not getting) but about that as the latest example of the poor customer care and zero evidence of improvement.

I wonder sometimes what would have happened if I hadn’t joined this forum (I didn’t at the start as I was already active on existing ones) and had just taken a more laid back approach. It might have been less stressful. Certainly much less time-consuming. But it’s about the owners community I’ve been part of for 25 years. And the two strands of helping each other out and of the relationship we have between owners and with staff at Hethel and the dealers and indies. And about welcoming and helping new people joining that. Maybe it is really a cult!

There are plenty of existing owners bemoaning the move to EVs and SUVs, the extra weight of the cars, not following Chapman’s principles etc. Ten years ago a few of those also criticised the Evora for breaking with Lotus tradition. I don’t want to be a “hark back to the good old days” guy. New Lotus has got some great opportunities, amazing levels of investment and a bright future. Change is good but not easy.

I don’t think New Lotus is too bothered about the previous customer demographic. At least not the ones who still wish Lotus made 750kg track machines that sold in the low thousands - because those people didn’t buy frequently enough and weren’t going to buy enough £50/75/100k cars.

You‘re all aware of some of the discussions I’ve had with Lotus. There has been other stuff I haven’t shared. Some because I was asked not to publish info about the car. Some about what’s going on inside Lotus, as it’s not fair to say too much about that. And lastly there’s stuff about how Lotus have treated me - as a customer and a community member.

Some of it has been shabby, disheartening, condescending and rude. I’ve been “warned off” from pushing on some topics. I’ve found out some of my feedback has been discounted because I’m apparently part of the “old guard” Lotus community and a trouble maker and not the target demographic for New Lotus. I could give more examples but won’t. It doesn’t affect you folks and your buying journey, which we all know and talk about anyway.

As I said, I’m excited to be getting the car next month. It’ll be amazing. I’m looking forward to sharing my Emira adventures and meeting other owners and being part of the community. I have a great dealer and they will look after me. I should only need to see them once a year and hopefully will deal with HQ even less.

I’m a customer and community member. I’m not a Lotus rep or ambassador, nor a forum rep or shop steward representing a group of owners to Lotus. I try to be an enthusiast without being blinkered. And I try to challenge what’s not working without being unreasonable or overly-emotional.

@TomE, The time and effort you have spent in supporting and assisting this (global) community has been tremendous. As one of those people who have directly benefited from your selflessness and willingness to help others, I can't thank you enough! In fact, this is what inspired me to contribute myself. This community has been fantastic (including all its personalities) and is somewhat addictive. :)

As for Lotus HQ, karma will come back to bite and Geely won't tolerate failure. Enough said.

That aside, like you, I'm still super excited at getting my Emira soon!

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

You've done a great job, here and on FB.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

i hope the day 11 does not end up getting past day 30...!
and yes, in any corporation there is always the internal politics and wrangling and back stabbing, Im glad I left that atmosphere some 25 years ago, Lotus will be no different and as I indicated elsewhere, I am sure over the next 1 -2 years there will be more and larger changes made, its a normal growing pain process...
Cant wait to see your review of the car, when you do get it.... and before that, someone doing the driving day experience..... both will be slightly before mine

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score

@TomE I’ve really appreciated your enthusiasm and information that you’ve shared with this and other forums. You have always been positive for and about the car.

If folks are worried that one person posting less than fulsome praise of customer comms is going to seriously damage a global corporation (because that is what it is now), then that’s just silly and let’s face it, if that really *is* possible, maybe they should have done better by you?
I don’t doubt for for a second the genius of the engineers and designers at Hethel. I’m certain it will still be fine to drive. And I am sure you feel the same.

But, I’ve also lost the sentimental element of Lotus ownership.

Amongst other things, the combination of “agents” and “it’ll be free if you want your car delivered to your door but £195 you want to (drive 250 miles) collect it from the factory”. Heck, I was so close to visiting the factory this week but why should I cough up £95 just to hope to find out something about the car in response to the reviews this week. Previously I could have called the dealer but now the “agents” are completely in the dark. Any news from the factory is to be treated with care anyway, unless it’s in black and white. And even then, if it’s got weasel words like “target” or an * by it, it’s not worth the reading.

Even the latest snippet that production cars are being built for the agents and yet they can’t even state what the actual tested performance figures are.

Anyway, the point is that no one is listening, it’s a megacorp now and that we even have a V6 manual being sold at this time is a thing to celebrate.