Tall drivers who have taken delivery/tested the car… how’s the fit?

Shipley231

Reaction score
I’m 6’5 with limited ability to find a car to test drive but have had a deposit down for a few months… trying to figure out if the car will fit me well. I had a hard time in a 718 cayman with my knee interfering with the wheel when operating the clutch. Comparisons would be great.

Jdmc21

Reaction score
I’m 6’5 with limited ability to find a car to test drive but have had a deposit down for a few months… trying to figure out if the car will fit me well. I had a hard time in a 718 cayman with my knee interfering with the wheel when operating the clutch. Comparisons would be great.
I’m a 6’4, 250lbs. I fit comfortably in the car I tested, but barely. Fitting was the critical and only remaining factor in keeping my deposit or not. I found the cabin cozy but more comfortable than a cayman.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I didn't like it and I'm just over 6'3". Everyone's body is proportioned differently between legs and torso. My head didn't hit the ceiling, but was very close and stuck way above seat headrest. Legs had enough travel in the seat, just felt too high up when sest was at its lowest. I would sit in one before going too far.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

6'2" here, I thought it was incredibly spacious. More-so than the Porsche's for example. At least going based on memory, I've only been in the car twice: during the reveal and then a test drive.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
6'' 1'', I found it good, but not great for head room. I think the base seats will offer more height if they are manual operated. The motors in adjustable seats tend to add height, at least in Porsche world this seems to be the case.

This mostly depends on body type, Longer legs than torso should be ok, other way around you may not fit well.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
6’3” and I found it very comfortable on test drive. Also drove on track in Hethel with helmet on and no issue with headroom at all. I am in the thinner, longer leg category FWIW.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
6'' 1'', I found it good, but not great for head room. I think the base seats will offer more height if they are manual operated. The motors in adjustable seats tend to add height, at least in Porsche world this seems to be the case.

This mostly depends on body type, Longer legs than torso should be ok, other way around you may not fit well.
The base seats are electrically adjustable too, just 4-way rather than 12-way, so I wouldn't expect the lowest point on the height adjustment to be any lower than on the FE.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The base seats are electrically adjustable too, just 4-way rather than 12-way, so I wouldn't expect the lowest point on the height adjustment to be any lower than on the FE.
True... was hoping for optional carbon buckets, but even in Porsche the 4 way electric seats sit lower than the 18 way electrics. Not a huge amount but, but noticeable. I guess it depends on the adjustment, if it raises and lowers electronically then it's probably the same height. If the 4 way adjustment is fore/aft and the back rest adjustment with manual raising and lowering that could result in a lower seating position.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s possible, there are no details on the Base seats yet.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
True... was hoping for optional carbon buckets, but even in Porsche the 4 way electric seats sit lower than the 18 way electrics. Not a huge amount but, but noticeable. I guess it depends on the adjustment, if it raises and lowers electronically then it's probably the same height. If the 4 way adjustment is fore/aft and the back rest adjustment with manual raising and lowering that could result in a lower seating position.
Is this the Ride Height everyone is talking about?
;)

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm 6.2 and the seat didn't go as low as I would like in the emira much more room and far better seating position in a 992.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm 6'2", loads of room, seats went plenty low and back enough for me. Only thing is headrest is low (not adjustable). At 3" taller, you would be getting close to the limit, I would imagine, but *might* still be able to get comfortable.

As a reference point, I recently drove a friend's new Audi TTS coupe and the Emira has more head and leg space than that.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm 6.2 and the seat didn't go as low as I would like in the emira much more room and far better seating position in a 992.

Really? I was just in a few 992's yesterday and found the cabin super tight. Was very hard to get in/out, once the seat and steering wheel are adjusted properly. The steering rack felt in the way of my knee, etc. Had to contort to get in/out. I couldn't believe it to be honest, which is why I tried several models from a Carrera all the way to a Turbo S, they felt identical.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Really? I was just in a few 992's yesterday and found the cabin super tight. Was very hard to get in/out, once the seat and steering wheel are adjusted properly. The steering rack felt in the way of my knee, etc. Had to contort to get in/out. I couldn't believe it to be honest, which is why I tried several models from a Carrera all the way to a Turbo S, they felt identical.
How tall are you? I found them rather easy, very daily. 718 definitely tighter.

Gary67

Reaction score
I'm 6'4", 200lbs. The space in the cabin was ok and I'm sure with a bit of playing around with the seats I would be able to find a comfortable position. The seats could be a bit lower but that wouldn't deter me. BUT... the reason I didn't put a deposit down was the position of the headrest. It's fixed and can't be adjusted and didn't work as a headrest for me - it rested at the base of my neck (so would act as a great pivot if I was shunted). I'm waiting for details of seat alternatives before buying.

I would definitely try one before you're fully committed.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm 6'5.5". It was my biggest concern when I placed my deposit. Luckily I was able to sit in the roadshow car a few months later in dec21. They said the seats in that car werent at their lowest point yet but I still 'fit' relatively fine. They also said they had people up to 6'8 drive the car ok (doubtful).

When I test drove the car I maybe noticed a bit more headroom. I had a 1st gen NSX (barely fit) and a 3rd gen RX7 (worse fit) where I had to modify the seat cushion a bit to make it more comfy. I remember sitting in a Cayman once and just seemed to fit in it as well. I also tightly fit OK in an Evora. If you fit in it you should be good in the Emira.

Russc

Reaction score
Always been a concern of mine at 6`3". Had a couple of test drives in a manual and did struggle with hitting my left knee on the underside of the dash until i got used to it.

Not an issue for me as i`m down for the i4 and it`s an auto but i`d have wanted an extended drive if i was going for a manual just to make sure.

Will check height again whenever they actually decide to release the i4 for test drives.