Tall Driver

Kalel

Reaction score
Hey all,

Nice to see an active thread on the new Emira. Years ago I had a deposit on the Elise when it was coming to the US as a first year car. I test drove it and decided I didn’t fit well enough to spend the money and I got my deposit back.
Now I find myself in the same position. I am 6’6” tall and have 36 inch inseam. Any ideas from any of you who have seen it in person if I might possible fit? I’ve watch everything I can find about it online and nobody has said much about headroom and legroom. I saw that Jensen Button drove it with a helmet on and he’s 6 feet tall. I am hoping that shows enough headroom but wondering if there is enough leg room. Maybe since it’s not a 2+2 like the Evora there is a chance?

Hey all,

Nice to see an active thread on the new Emira. Years ago I had a deposit on the Elise when it was coming to the US as a first year car. I test drove it and decided I didn’t fit well enough to spend the money and I got my deposit back.
Now I find myself in the same position. I am 6’6” tall and have 36 inch inseam. Any ideas from any of you who have seen it in person if I might possible fit? I’ve watch everything I can find about it online and nobody has said much about headroom and legroom. I saw that Jensen Button drove it with a helmet on and he’s 6 feet tall. I am hoping that shows enough headroom but wondering if there is enough leg room. Maybe since it’s not a 2+2 like the Evora there is a chance?
Kalel,
I have not seen an Emira in person. I have watched Jay Leno's review of the Evora last year - and in that review he makes a point of it's ability to fit tall drivers. The link for that review is: Hopefully the Emira will work for you.

Hey all,

Welcome to the forum @Kalel - I haven't seen anyone mention about specific head room but I've seen a few first impression videos that mention the production will have a lower seat then what you see now.

Skip to about the 5 minute mark.

Hopefully someone that has seen it in person can chime in..

I'm not sure how tall Shmee150 is, but he looks to be taller than Jenson. He's wearing a helmet on his Emira ride along video.

shmee150-emira.png

Kalel,
I have not seen an Emira in person. I have watched Jay Leno's review of the Evora last year - and in that review he makes a point of it's ability to fit tall drivers. The link for that review is: Hopefully the Emira will work for you.
This is a great review. I hope that Lotus kept the interIor dimensions the same as the Evora.

I'm not sure how tall Shmee150 is, but he looks to be taller than Jenson. He's wearing a helmet on his Emira ride along video.

View attachment 198

I watched that one also. I can’t imagine my headroom would be an issue without a helmet. Mine would be the touring setup anyway (I have never tracked a car so I don’t need additional helmet room.

I checked (cos I was bored) and turns out he's actually quote a bit shorter than Jenson...
Shmee is 168cm, 5' 6" whereas Jenson is actually 182cm, almost 6'. Surpisingly very tall for a racing driver.

In this new video, Matt Windle says a person 6' 4" will fit in it comfortably. Watch about the 1:20 mark.

...and at 10:45 when he gets into it and says he is 6'2", looks like there is still plenty of leg and head room

Back