• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Tall Driver

Kalel

Reaction score
Hey all,

Nice to see an active thread on the new Emira. Years ago I had a deposit on the Elise when it was coming to the US as a first year car. I test drove it and decided I didn’t fit well enough to spend the money and I got my deposit back.
Now I find myself in the same position. I am 6’6” tall and have 36 inch inseam. Any ideas from any of you who have seen it in person if I might possible fit? I’ve watch everything I can find about it online and nobody has said much about headroom and legroom. I saw that Jensen Button drove it with a helmet on and he’s 6 feet tall. I am hoping that shows enough headroom but wondering if there is enough leg room. Maybe since it’s not a 2+2 like the Evora there is a chance?

old dusty

Reaction score
Hey all,

Nice to see an active thread on the new Emira. Years ago I had a deposit on the Elise when it was coming to the US as a first year car. I test drove it and decided I didn’t fit well enough to spend the money and I got my deposit back.
Now I find myself in the same position. I am 6’6” tall and have 36 inch inseam. Any ideas from any of you who have seen it in person if I might possible fit? I’ve watch everything I can find about it online and nobody has said much about headroom and legroom. I saw that Jensen Button drove it with a helmet on and he’s 6 feet tall. I am hoping that shows enough headroom but wondering if there is enough leg room. Maybe since it’s not a 2+2 like the Evora there is a chance?
Kalel,
I have not seen an Emira in person. I have watched Jay Leno's review of the Evora last year - and in that review he makes a point of it's ability to fit tall drivers. The link for that review is: Hopefully the Emira will work for you.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Welcome to the forum @Kalel - I haven't seen anyone mention about specific head room but I've seen a few first impression videos that mention the production will have a lower seat then what you see now.

Skip to about the 5 minute mark.

Hopefully someone that has seen it in person can chime in..

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how tall Shmee150 is, but he looks to be taller than Jenson. He's wearing a helmet on his Emira ride along video.

shmee150-emira.png

OP
K

Kalel

Reaction score
Kalel,
I have not seen an Emira in person. I have watched Jay Leno's review of the Evora last year - and in that review he makes a point of it's ability to fit tall drivers. The link for that review is: Hopefully the Emira will work for you.
This is a great review. I hope that Lotus kept the interIor dimensions the same as the Evora.

OP
K

Kalel

Reaction score
I'm not sure how tall Shmee150 is, but he looks to be taller than Jenson. He's wearing a helmet on his Emira ride along video.

View attachment 198

I watched that one also. I can’t imagine my headroom would be an issue without a helmet. Mine would be the touring setup anyway (I have never tracked a car so I don’t need additional helmet room.

Chills

Reaction score

I checked (cos I was bored) and turns out he's actually quote a bit shorter than Jenson...
Shmee is 168cm, 5' 6" whereas Jenson is actually 182cm, almost 6'. Surpisingly very tall for a racing driver.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In this new video, Matt Windle says a person 6' 4" will fit in it comfortably. Watch about the 1:20 mark.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
...and at 10:45 when he gets into it and says he is 6'2", looks like there is still plenty of leg and head room