Taking delivery of my EMIRA at Hethel UK.

I have been thinking about collecting my EMIRA at Hethel UK, are any of you contemplating this?
Yes definitely along with an f1 classic factory tour. Believe it’s on the Lotus website and presume you can still do it. The option of delivery to your home is tempting too although wouldn’t want the neighbours curtain twitching as it rolls off the transporter !

Is it even an option? I didn’t think so.
I talked with a two people at lotus HQ in the USA and they thought yes. Just like Porsche Audi & BMW. What they couldn’t answer at the time is if COVID UK was impose travel restrictions at the time of delivery.

I have been thinking about collecting my EMIRA at Hethel UK, are any of you contemplating this?
It'll be an option for UK customers. I don't think it's feasible for US customers to collect from Hethel, drive in the UK and then have the car shipped to the US. Some other manufacturers do this but Lotus aren't offering it. It was asked of Lotus a few weeks ago and they said no.

You could try to arrange it yourself but the paperwork and logistics will be very complicated.

Know any good drives starting at Hethel? Want to take my love alone! She’s the one who said get it 😀
I live a couple of miles from Hethel, probably closest Emira customer.
I see the camo Emira’s most days I‘m out, give them a 👋 & 👍. And no, I haven’t seen an FE painted car or 132 on the road. The Lotus ’local’ pub is the Bird in Hand, Wreningham, good food & beer, memorabilia, photos etc, accommodation, great place to go & drool over your new car immediately after collection. Word of warning-the country road past the factory has a 50 mph speed limit ( for obvious reasons!) with camera vans occasionally seen on the roadside.

I see the camo Emira’s most days I‘m out, give them a 👋 & 👍. And no, I haven’t seen an FE painted car or 132 on the road. The Lotus ’local’ pub is the Bird in Hand, Wreningham, good food & beer, memorabilia, photos etc, accommodation, great place to go & drool over your new car immediately after collection. Word of warning-the country road past the factory has a 50 mph speed limit ( for obvious reasons!) with camera vans occasionally seen on the roadside.
I can’t wait 😝 Thank You!

Well, maybe one of them :sneaky:.... With Stratton motors now being Approved Used and Service Centre Only I should hope there will be a factory collection option at least within a "catchment area" otherwise it's a 150 mile round trip to Colchester, a 270 mile round trip to Silverstone, or a home delivery with no handover experience at all....