• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Supercar you would take instead of the Emira

In order of increasing price, any one of these 3:

911 S/T
Gordon Murray T.50
Mclaren F1

I wouldn't want anything instead, as it completes my modern/ modern classics car collection, but I would like to add older cars from the 20s or 30s (something french), 50s (another american car) and 80s (something italian) in the years to come.

Something I’ve been eyeing: Noble M400

Something dependable: Porsche 911T

If I’m caving to an autobox: Maserati MC20

Unobtanium: 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO

American cruiser: 1958 Corvette

I think I too would go with a red F8 tributo. It might be the only car that is arguably prettier than the Emira in my eyes :)

iu

Wow, this topic is both a sweet dream and nightmare all wrapped up in one. My emotions can't cope with evaluation of a "replacement" for the car that I've yet to have.

Thanks OP, now my head is a mess... 😖

Wow, this topic is both a sweet dream and nightmare all wrapped up in one. My emotions can't cope with evaluation of a "replacement" for the car that I've yet to have.

Thanks OP, now my head is a mess... 😖
Quick, look behind you!!!

It's just a diversion. I had to get out of the North America / Canada Thread for a minute. This is by for the best forum to talk cars and I knew I would get pages of cars I have never heard of so I will be going through the thread Googling these cars. But you are lucky, if you really need help, I actually have always dreamed of having/driving the Smokey and the Bandit Ambulance. So I am coming to get you in this! You are cross country from me so I will see you in two to three days! EDIT. And bringing the doctor.

ambulance in smokey and the bandit.jpeg
smokey doc.jpeg

Argh, too much choice, all do things differently...

- Ferrari California for cruising
- Aston Martin Vantage maybe closest as a direct replacement for the Emira for me
- Ford GT for muscle fun
- Ultima RS (maybe even with an LT5 if I was feeling stupid)
- Pretty much any McLaren for true supercar feeling

A Ferrari F8 Spider in red.
I bought a 3.0S Ford Capri I intend to have a chassis made for and convert to the new 6.0 V8 Ford drivetrain.
A 007 edition DB11 or DB12 if they produce one.

I've always wistfully dreamed of having a Ferrari 360 or 430 (and you can lump the 458 and 488 in there too I guess), which is why the Emira rings my bell. If ruinous maintenance cost wasn't a thing, a nice 430 is probably what I'd be seeking out.

I'm a simple man... I don't need the fastest, most blood curdling blingtastic speed machine in existence. Just something that makes you swoon slightly when you look back at it, makes you grin like a Cheshire cat when driving it, and sounds awesome without being so obnoxious that your neighbours hate you :D

That said, I don't think I'd kick any of the cars on this thread out of bed... except maybe that Donkervoort :)

Some beautiful cars here. Thought I’d share what I think is the most beautiful car I’ve seen:

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 29