• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Speed limiter and Cruise control issues.

Carew

Reaction score
At about 3500 miles I had paused Cruise control for some minutes and when reactivating I somehow entered Limit mode at the paused cruise speed. Fine until I wanted to exit Limit to return to Cruise. Instead each button touch reduced speed in 5 mph steps. I fortunately had a pull off spot ahead so could stop the car and engine. On restarting all was fine again but I was cautious as on a motorway this could have been serious. Anyone had similar and can the Limit option be removed completely I wonder.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At about 3500 miles I had paused Cruise control for some minutes and when reactivating I somehow entered Limit mode at the paused cruise speed. Fine until I wanted to exit Limit to return to Cruise. Instead each button touch reduced speed in 5 mph steps. I fortunately had a pull off spot ahead so could stop the car and engine. On restarting all was fine again but I was cautious as on a motorway this could have been serious. Anyone had similar and can the Limit option be removed completely I wonder.
Do I understand correctly, that any button - regardless of up, down, left, right or middle - acted like the down (decrease) button?