Southern California?

Finbarqs

Reaction score
That’s why I took my deposit away from Galpin, and placed it with Naples. Expecting this summer

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
my guess is you guys spoke to Galpin when they had way more demand than they could handle so they were playing the ADM game. My deal is no ADM fe2.0 pricing. I intended to go with Eurocar in OC as they are almost next door, but when I called around the nation it became clear to me that some of these dealers are very small and will only get a handful of cars for the whole year, some said 2. Galpin is the largest in the west coast so I would expect them to have the most allocation, Lotus might actually pick up the phone for them and they may have the most experienced garage. Fingers crossed!

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
my guess is you guys spoke to Galpin when they had way more demand than they could handle so they were playing the ADM game. My deal is no ADM fe2.0 pricing. I intended to go with Eurocar in OC as they are almost next door, but when I called around the nation it became clear to me that some of these dealers are very small and will only get a handful of cars for the whole year, some said 2. Galpin is the largest in the west coast so I would expect them to have the most allocation, Lotus might actually pick up the phone for them and they may have the most experienced garage. Fingers crossed!
This pretty much mirrors my story. I live quite close to Eurocar but went with Galpin because I thought it would get me a car sooner. I’m a Nov 21 depositor and got an FE2 allocation with no ADM.

RoryBellows

Reaction score
Ive got a refundable deposit into Galpin and I am finalizing spec today after work. I was told MSRP and a year wait. That seems pretty implausible if they are really multi-hundreds deep in orders. I'm cool with waiting as the more crypto goes up the less of my real accounts will get touched. I'll see if I can get any info on the current list when I'm there.

iVTECdailyy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ive got a refundable deposit into Galpin and I am finalizing spec today after work. I was told MSRP and a year wait. That seems pretty implausible if they are really multi-hundreds deep in orders. I'm cool with waiting as the more crypto goes up the less of my real accounts will get touched. I'll see if I can get any info on the current list when I'm there.

My initial order is through Galpin. I was able to secure a "pre-specced" dealer car. Build date April, arriving July-ish. Refundable deposit placed. No ADM.

However, as of this week, I was able to secure one through Lotus Cape Fear. Waiting on the shipment for that. I have not cancelled my Galpin order yet. I am waiting for my Cape Fear car to arrive. If all goes well, I will cancel my Galpin order.

If any one is interested in a Verdant Green, lower black pack, diamond wheels, touring suspension, tan interior, yellow calipers, and privacy glass, let me know. This is what I have through Galpin and I am sure they will happily transfer to you. July delivery.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I guess it all depends on when someone placed their deposit and how you played the expected/presumed allocation vs length of the reservation list game. For me, depositing a year late arguably (Sept 2022), I considered that Galpin would likely be getting a higher (maybe much higher) allocation than Eurocar but also at that time had a MUCH bigger reservation list. This was just one of the reasons I chose to go with Eurocar. For me it worked out, I got in on one of the last FE 2.0 allocations and hopefully will see my car this summer. Had I placed with Galpin, I'd still be on the outside looking in, with no build slot and waiting for base models to show up on the configurator with all the unknowns that go along with that.

Insofar as service, I can see plainly that MANY forum members will be getting their cars serviced at dealers other than where they purchased. Given that, I'm not sure I'd be making the decision to trek my car all the way through the LA mess to Galpin in Van Nuys for service, if I lived very near Eurocar. And one data point I could offer on this: a buddy of mine in San Diego who's owned an Evora GT for many years now treks to Eurocar for service after Lotus of San Diego shut down. He's reported to me that their expert Lotus mechanic in San Diego who he had a lot of good things to say about is now at Eurocar, which he was happy to learn. This datapoint is now about a year old, so take this with some grain of salt, not sure if he's still there or not. But regardless, Eurocar has been servicing Lotus cars for many years and I would expect is experienced in that regard.

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My initial order is through Galpin. I was able to secure a "pre-specced" dealer car. Build date April, arriving July-ish. Refundable deposit placed. No ADM.

However, as of this week, I was able to secure one through Lotus Cape Fear. Waiting on the shipment for that. I have not cancelled my Galpin order yet. I am waiting for my Cape Fear car to arrive. If all goes well, I will cancel my Galpin order.

If any one is interested in a Verdant Green, lower black pack, diamond wheels, touring suspension, tan interior, yellow calipers, and privacy glass, let me know. This is what I have through Galpin and I am sure they will happily transfer to you. July delivery.
Can you please private message me? Interested.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So I'm a bit confused by this. What are you finalizing a spec on today that you're being told is a year out? Are they telling you it's a FE 2.0? Or is this for a base edition? Because base editions aren't even on the configurator so you can't submit your build specs until that happens and you actually get a build slot.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on when someone placed their deposit and how you played the expected/presumed allocation vs length of the reservation list game. For me, depositing a year late arguably (Sept 2022), I considered that Galpin would likely be getting a higher (maybe much higher) allocation than Eurocar but also at that time had a MUCH bigger reservation list. This was just one of the reasons I chose to go with Eurocar. For me it worked out, I got in on one of the last FE 2.0 allocations and hopefully will see my car this summer. Had I placed with Galpin, I'd still be on the outside looking in, with no build slot and waiting for base models to show up on the configurator with all the unknowns that go along with that.

Insofar as service, I can see plainly that MANY forum members will be getting their cars serviced at dealers other than where they purchased. Given that, I'm not sure I'd be making the decision to trek my car all the way through the LA mess to Galpin in Van Nuys for service, if I lived very near Eurocar. And one data point I could offer on this: a buddy of mine in San Diego who's owned an Evora GT for many years now treks to Eurocar for service after Lotus of San Diego shut down. He's reported to me that their expert Lotus mechanic in San Diego who he had a lot of good things to say about is now at Eurocar, which he was happy to learn. This datapoint is now about a year old, so take this with some grain of salt, not sure if he's still there or not. But regardless, Eurocar has been servicing Lotus cars for many years and I would expect is experienced in that regard.

Good for you. And glad to hear about a potential mechanic at Eurocar. I could have been on the 1st list in the 20s and likely gotten an FE2.0 allocation there as they were filled on FE1.0s. But they were so coy about how many cars they would get. When I visited they seemed like an exotic car broker more than anything else and it gave me a weird feeling. Anyways good luck to you! If you have a good experience, I'm definitely visiting the mechanic there. HATE driving to and through LA. Never fun.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I also had similar experiences and trepidations with Galpin, which is why I deposited and ordered through Eurocar in OC. Just a few days ago I asked and was also told my order status is "locked", but unfortunately with a 3 month build time, not sure if I'm at the start, middle, or end of the build (have asked). I've also been told that VINs are not expected until close to the end of the build. For now, I'm expecting a delivery between June-August, but wishing for and trying to get better granularity on this.

But for those on this forum, I'd specifically like to ask if anyone has experience with PPF installers/paint correction in So Cal (OC preferred) and could share any recommendations.
@GrahamClark_60-68 and everybody else in Socal. We have a PPF/Wrap/Tint/Ceramic coating shop in North OC. Our installer is experienced in high end/exotic cars for last few years in Australia. We are offering a 10-20% discount for Emiras along with a photo shoot inside our photo studio.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Out of curiosity, is anyone paying MSRP for an FE at Galpin? It's sort of water under the bridge now, but curious to see if they have honored that for anyone or whether they are just trying to move all their FE deposit holders to the base list.

I suppose we may not truly know the answer to this question until Galpin actually sells an FE to a deposit holder.
I'm going to read all my emails to see what if anything was said on ADM. I will call tomorrow to discuss with salesman as well.

iVTECdailyy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@GrahamClark_60-68 and everybody else in Socal. We have a PPF/Wrap/Tint/Ceramic coating shop in North OC. Our installer is experienced in high end/exotic cars for last few years in Australia. We are offering a 10-20% discount for Emiras along with a photo shoot inside our photo studio.

Are you thinking of filming a video / promos? I may be interested. My emira arrives Tuesday, bought from Lotus Cape Fear.

The emira I had on order with Galpin is set to arrive April 7th in New York. I’m giving up this allocation.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Are you thinking of filming a video / promos? I may be interested. My emira arrives Tuesday, bought from Lotus Cape Fear.

The emira I had on order with Galpin is set to arrive April 7th in New York. I’m giving up this allocation.
Thats great. Congrats!!! Yes we have a studio to create cool videos. You can bring it over to get some great shots. No cost to you. Just let me know what day works for you!!

iVTECdailyy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thats great. Congrats!!! Yes we have a studio to create cool videos. You can bring it over to get some great shots. No cost to you. Just let me know what day works for you!!
Are you guys free today? What’s the address? My car is being delivered right now.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What would the price be for wrapping the full car in clear or frozen PPF? And what brand film do you guys use?

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What would the price be for wrapping the full car in clear or frozen PPF? And what brand film do you guys use?
For Emiras we are having a special: $5995 for Bodyfence and $6995 for Xpel using clear film. Frozen/Matte film add another $300 to cost. Free studio time with PPF job :cool:

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For Emiras we are having a special: $5995 for Bodyfence and $6995 for Xpel using clear film. Frozen/Matte film add another $300 to cost. Free studio time with PPF job :cool:
I guess one additional question, does this include paint correction and polish, or is that something I'd need to get done at another shop first?