• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

SOS system fault

SJW

Reaction score
My FE V6 has now been back at the dealers for 4 weeks in total on 2 separate occasions. The 2 remaining faults that continue to recur are the DAB radio disappearing and the SOS fault. The SOS fault was first said to be because the 5v separate battery wasn't charged as the car wasn't used enough. I found this hard to believe as it popped back up the next morning after a 1 hour drive home from the dealer. I was then told it was a fault with a crash sensor at the rear which was due to a bad earth. The earth was cleaned and system reset. Whilst at the dealers the fault has returned and they currently have no solutions and are in contact with lotus technical .... again! Whilst I love my Emira, having it off the road for a month already is becoming a issue for me. Anyone else have this problem and found a solution? I am getting the impression the dealership doesn't have a clue.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I didn't get the sos fault once in the first 6 mths, plenty of other issues to keep me busy, it went in for the latest software issue and I now get it 9 out of 10 start ups
It's certainly nothing to do with use, I daily mine and its appeared after 3hrs driving before. Points to it being a software issue
It did solve the handbrake service warning and the yellow engine warning light though

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I'm not bothering to take the car in until a new software update is available, as it only started after the latest update.

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After the 2nd Software update (car never had SOS issue) now has the SOS issue with the latest update (go figure) been like that now for about 6 weeks now, doesnt affect the car in anyway. So just driving as normal (no other issue at present) sometimes it goes away on its on accord. Light is annoying, but I know what its for, figured its software related.

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have the same following recall but tested the SOS button and it connects and works.

On a long run when I arrive, switch off and then restart its gone. However if left overnight it reoccurs again at next start up.

Spoke with tech at Lotus Silverstone but they are not aware of the problem or a proposed fix.

Not related to car voltage as it can appear when car is at nominal voltage so probably a bad earth, the 5v battery itself or a software fault

Will update if mine does get resolved when car is in for AC fix in December

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also have the same following recall but no other issues, and still loving the car!

Yas.totti10

Reaction score
I have the same following recall but tested the SOS button and it connects and works.

On a long run when I arrive, switch off and then restart its gone. However if left overnight it reoccurs again at next start up.

Spoke with tech at Lotus Silverstone but they are not aware of the problem or a proposed fix.

Not related to car voltage as it can appear when car is at nominal voltage so probably a bad earth, the 5v battery itself or a software fault

Will update if mine does get resolved when car is in for AC fix in December
Just picked my Emira up from Silverstone after a software update. No issues before but as soon as I started the Car the SOS warning is there.

Will pick it up with the dealer on Monday.

dave355

Reaction score
Hi all same with mine after the software update which was supposed to fix hill holding issue (didn’t) now have sos light on start up.disappearing after use but back following day

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why are they still doing the update when they know (confirmed by my dealer) that it causes issues? Crazy

Yas.totti10

Reaction score
Why are they still doing the update when they know (confirmed by my dealer) that it causes issues? Crazy
That is exactly what left me scratching my head on the drive home.

Surely their should be an element of quality control.

It creates another reason to go back to the dealership.... which can be a pain when you are working 6 days a week.